Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Opposition Does Not Have Rights - A Challenge
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Opposition Does Not Have Rights - A Challenge (Read 36 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Opposition Does Not Have Rights - A Challenge
Jun 28th, 2018 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Feb 24th, 2018 at 7:49am:
Even wild beasts have rights of self defense, it's built in as a mechanism to try to perpetuate their species by keeping themselves alive, and it's a right that continues to exist in humans.

Many predators exercise the same sort of unprotected property rights that barbarian tribes of humans did and do, they claim territory by killing or driving away others when they can, or get driven away themselves.

Human rights as civilized people have come to see them depend mostly on people being civilized, by which I mean they understand that other humans have the same rights they do, and that to behave like a barbarian or a predatory animal and take the lives and property of others by force or fraud is wrong.

You have no more rights than an animal, because your understanding of rights is at the level of a predatory animal. You are a trained tiger, not killing and eating it's trainer because it has learned it will be punished and/or rewarded for acting as if it actually respected the rights of it's trainer, which it doesn't. Like you, a trained tiger can't understand and internalize that others have rights, so it has only animal rights itself.

merkelstan wrote on Feb 28th, 2017 at 11:15pm:
Rothbard's criteria makes more sense, because not only does the entity have to demonstrate conscious thought, it needs to understand the concept of rights and demand them for itself.

Amusingly, The Opposition would fail that test.  I still can't get-over what a mental trainwreck his (her?) "concept" of rights was.

Jeff wrote on Feb 22nd, 2018 at 9:20am:
The Opposition wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:39pm:
That to have rights, a being needs to understand them (agree with exactly how libertarians think they work) and demand them for itself.

I might want rights, but I don't think they [ought to] work the way Rothbard says they do, and furthermore I have a moral objection to making such a demand.

This is what, as far as theories of human rights go, makes you the equivalent of a wild beast. You either can't understand, or refuse to understand, that very human is born with the exact same rights.

I challenge any of you to find an internet forum espousing ANY ideology where it's so easy to find regular posters who would deny me rights.

As a bonus, you can tell the Nazi forums I'm black. I'm confident that even self-proclaimed Nazis, at their most hateful, are not as nasty and hateful (and even discriminatory) as libertarians.

And if you think these posters are some sort of fringe, you'd be wrong. They're in good company from the greats of their philosophy.

They're in good company with Rothbard, and Hoppe, who says in Democracy: The God that Failed
https://mises.org/library/democracy-god-failed-1
Quote:
A member of the human race who is completely incapable of understanding the higher productivity of labor performed under a division of labor based on private property is not properly speaking a person, but falls instead in the same moral category as an animal — of either the harmless sort (to be domesticated and employed as a producer or consumer good, or to be enjoyed as a “free good”) or the wild and dangerous one (to be fought as a pest).

Humans who don't exactly agree with you economic interpretations don't have rights? Just pick 'em up and slaughter 'em like wild animals, of course!

Well, I'm seeking to prove that Nazis have more tolerance than you do. I dare you to prove otherwise.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Opposition Does Not Have Rights - A Challenge
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Do you admit to being human?

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Opposition Does Not Have Rights - A Challenge
Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2018 at 8:34pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jun 28th, 2018 at 4:06pm:
This is what, as far as theories of human rights go, makes you the equivalent of a wild beast. You either can't understand, or refuse to understand, that very human is born with the exact same rights.

I challenge any of you to find an internet forum espousing ANY ideology where it's so easy to find regular posters who would deny me rights.

As a bonus, you can tell the Nazi forums I'm black. I'm confident that even self-proclaimed Nazis, at their most hateful, are not as nasty and hateful (and even discriminatory) as libertarians.

And if you think these posters are some sort of fringe, you'd be wrong. They're in good company from the greats of their philosophy.

They're in good company with Rothbard, and Hoppe, who says in Democracy: The God that Failed
https://mises.org/library/democracy-god-failed-1

Humans who don't exactly agree with you economic interpretations don't have rights? Just pick 'em up and slaughter 'em like wild animals, of course!

Well, I'm seeking to prove that Nazis have more tolerance than you do. I dare you to prove otherwise. [/quote]

You're right about my boss Oppo, and who would know better than his dork?

I'm embarrassed about it and afraid that somebody will shoot him because of his horrible attitude. I've asked him to buy a steel armoured jockstrap for my sake at least.

Do you have a tiger you could send to Walnut cove, N.C. to deal with him. After he buys the jockstrap that is.

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Opposition Does Not Have Rights - A Challenge
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy