Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › U.N Initiatives in Venezuela
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) U.N Initiatives in Venezuela (Read 335 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: U.N Initiatives in Venezuela
Reply #30 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 7:34pm:
If you disagree with "Western" sources on 9/11,.................

My boss isn't going to like that Ruby. I think he got his conspiracy theory from Globalresearch.

Here's basically the same story from commondream.org

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/06/27/america-war-911

And try not to get too excited and wet your panties over the picture of  the child's little burnt shirt.

Oh Ruby, what am I going to do with you?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Yes, I know, terrorists love to hide behind civilians when they fight.

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/battle-against-isis-syria-iraq-civ...

Quote:
Malnourished, injured and emotionally traumatized civilians have been staggering out of Mosul’s Old City as Iraqi soldiers continue to drive the last remnants of ISIS fighters out of the conflict zone.

They may be the lucky ones.

The sense of urgency by U.S.-led coalition forces to liberate the ISIS strongholds of Mosul, in Iraq, and Raqqa, in Syria, has come at a heavy cost — particularly for the civilians trapped in the two cities.

ISIS is known to have used civilians as human shields, and to have shot and killed Iraqi residents trying to flee, according to the United Nations Human Rights Office.

But of course you would side with the terrorists, Dink.  That's how much you hate America.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My boss isn't going to like that Ruby. I think he got his conspiracy theory from Globalresearch.

Here's basically the same story from commondream.org

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2017/06/27/america-war-911

And try not to get too excited and wet your panties over the picture of  the child's little burnt shirt.

Oh Ruby, what am I going to do with you?
Are all your sources that bad? It seems so...

Have these global research or common dream people been to Venezuela lately? Where were they during the last North Korean famine?

I'm just asking for a little balance...

Libertarians think all that sort of thing is barbaric and appalling.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #33 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 7:19pm:
Are all your sources that bad? It seems so...

Have these global research or common dream people been to Venezuela lately? Where were they during the last North Korean famine?

I'm just asking for a little balance...

Libertarians think all that sort of thing is barbaric and appalling.

You're only trying to dodge the issue of the US being guilty of nearly 40 wars of aggression since WW2 alone.

That serves a worthwhile cause. It prompts our 15 or 16 visitors on this forum to look into the truth.

It will have nearly no effect on any p-l because they have left any pretense of being antiwar way back about 6 months ago.

Is Syria the equivalent of Hitler's Poland?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're only trying to dodge the issue of the US being guilty of nearly 40 wars of aggression since WW2 alone.
Whatever the number might be, almost all libertarians opposed all of them, even if some of them turned out fairly well for a while.

Maybe there is some total of wars of aggression started by your friends the communists and radical Islamists?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 1:52pm:
Whatever the number might be, almost all libertarians opposed all of them, even if some of them turned out fairly well for a while.

Not even real libertarians. Americans of all stripes always come together to support their country's wars. But it's also true that party affiliation plays a role in the eary stages of the wars. Kosovo wan't supported very well by the R's until later on.

Quote:
Maybe there is some total of wars of aggression started by your friends the communists and radical Islamists?

They're not my friends but it's worth exploring!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Americans of all stripes always come together to support their country's wars.
Ha ha.

The "progressive" Wilson regime imprisoned people who spoke out against Wilson's War.

During the LBJ regime, National Guard (?) troops shot war protesters. Admittedly not just any war protestors... And as far as I know, it only happened when the Federal Government decided it should be done.

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
I would prefer not to have to fight people's wars for them or rescue them from murderous regimes.  If I had my way, we'd get out of the Middle East and ignore them, not do business with them or give them technology until they joined us in the 21st century.  That being said, you have to remember that terrorists prefer to fight among civilians.  And the picture shown on that website Dink posted a link to of the man holding up a bloody shirt that obviously belonged to a child, we don't know that he himself didn't kill that child.  Terrorists often do that.  Then they pretend to be the innocent ones.  Shame.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Jul 5th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 5th, 2018 at 4:56pm:
I would prefer not to have to fight people's wars for them or rescue them from murderous regimes.  If I had my way, we'd get out of the Middle East and ignore them, not do business with them or give them technology until they joined us in the 21st century.  That being said, you have to remember that terrorists prefer to fight among civilians.  And the picture shown on that website Dink posted a link to of the man holding up a bloody shirt that obviously belonged to a child, we don't know that he himself didn't kill that child.  Terrorists often do that.  Then they pretend to be the innocent ones.  Shame.
Free trade has been soothing international relationships for millennia.

State religions and tyrannical governments always get in the way, either because they think God told them to, or because they hope to profit.

Or both.

Edit: Marx=God in some puny minds.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › U.N Initiatives in Venezuela
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy