Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Congrats Due to the US Psychopath President!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Congrats Due to the US Psychopath President! (Read 93 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Congrats Due to the US Psychopath President!
Jul 2nd, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/business/431463-eu-trump-tariffs-automakers/

The real problem Trump lays on the US is in all nations that are being screwed around with are making changes to who they trade with.

And once they have new trade agreements in place, they aren't likely to change back.

That could be something worth celebrating for me and for Canada except, it's nearly identical to what drove Nazi Germany to a hot war.

Trump is leading the US to the point of no return. Has the US reached that point yet, or can the situation be saved to stop the gathering storm?

Do libertarians understand and take it seriously? Some may but it now seems that libertarians are willing to sell any worthy principles they have to the Trump tyranny.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: Congrats Due to the US Psychopath President!
Reply #1 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 1:01pm
Print Post  
Three quarters of Americans think Trump is leading their country into war.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-war-poll-ame...

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 2nd, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Do I have to serial post like you do boss, to keep this thread going? Is 8 in a row your record so far?

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:08am
Print Post  

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:46am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 8:08am:

Remember a year ago when that moonbat wacko Hodgkinson shot up several Republicans at a softball game because he was mad at Trump? 

The things that progressive extremists will do to in order to forward their leftist agenda is frightening.

And then there's lunatics like Maxine Waters cheering them on. 

Scary!.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:48am
Print Post  
Let me first say that tariffs are morally wrong and violate the NAP.

But if we're talking practicality, then good. We need to consume our own products. We're the biggest nation of consumers and we produce next to nothing.

Instead of crying when we see a foreign country threatening tariffs, we need to understand that what they're buying from us is a small fraction of what we're buying from them and they lose in a trade war.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 3rd, 2018 at 11:48am:

But if we're talking practicality, then good. We need to consume our own products. We're the biggest nation of consumers and we produce next to nothing.

Nobody should disagree with that Oppo. Americans should buy American. And other countries should buy their own products too.

Quote:
Instead of crying when we see a foreign country threatening tariffs, we need to understand that what they're buying from us is a small fraction of what we're buying from them and they lose in a trade war.

It's fine for you to bet on Trump. If what you say is true then there's no reason why the US should be involved in world trade. And I think that Trump is already involved in making that decision for your country.

However, you being a big brain person, you must be aware that it smells a lot like isolationist politices and closely akin to how the Nazi party saw the issue.

I think the world is seeing clearly what Trump is trying to do and is taking measures to make do without US trade to a small extent already. This could escalate to the world choosing trading partners for all goods they need and desire. Everything is available in the rest of the world and so no US trade is really necessary.

If that's what you are promoting then I'm certainly not opposed to the US doing it. It will take some readjustment by the world's countries but it will be accomplished in time and all will be happy. Including the US I suppose?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  

Nonsense. Anarchist tripe.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 3rd, 2018 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
We need to consume our own products. We're the biggest nation of consumers and we produce next to nothing.

Wrong. We produce more than we ever did and export a lot of it.

Everybody loses in trade wars.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 1:40pm
Print Post  

So far you're a fence sitter on supporting Trump. The only indication that you could be in opposition to him is your mention of the NAP. But that really doesn't stand for anything that could be called principles. It's too easy to make up excuses to justify your country's aggression abroad.

You and Craig Sickler, my boss, will bring out both the worst and the best in each other.

I'll be reading along and trying to coerce both of you to speak your minds.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Congrats Due to the US Psychopath President!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy