Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ron Paul's Racist Slipup.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Ron Paul's Racist Slipup. (Read 145 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Ron Paul's Racist Slipup.
Jul 2nd, 2018 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/usa/431548-ron-paul-racist-cartoon/

Like father, like son. Sooner or later the real Paul will slip out.

Then there's no turning back even if his worshippers will try their hardest to excuse it.

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Ron Paul's Racist Slipup.
Reply #1 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 8:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
https://www.rt.com/usa/431548-ron-paul-racist-cartoon/

Like father, like son. Sooner or later the real Paul will slip out.

Then there's no turning back even if his worshippers will try their hardest to excuse it.

did ron paul make the cartoon thats like saying i am a collectivist cuz i like anime then agin i want to live in a appithic country where indivual libertiy  and money mater then race and religion

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 11:17am
Print Post  
The cartoon IS racist.

But Ron Paul didn't post it. One of his staffers did.  And when Ron Paul was made aware of it, he immediately ordered the offensive post removed, which was the right thing to do.

"Earlier today a staff member inadvertently posted an offensive cartoon on my social media. I do not make my own social media posts and when I discovered the mistake it was immediately deleted."
-Ron Paul

Thanks, Dink, for exposing RT's pathetic attempt to libel Dr. Paul. 

edit:  I never liked RT, either.   

IP Logged

Tom Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 11:52am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 11:17am:
The cartoon IS racist.

But Ron Paul didn't post it. One of his staffers did.  And when Ron Paul was made aware of it, he immediately ordered the offensive post removed, which was the right thing to do.

"Earlier today a staff member inadvertently posted an offensive cartoon on my social media. I do not make my own social media posts and when I discovered the mistake it was immediately deleted."
-Ron Paul

Thanks, Dink, for exposing RT's pathetic attempt to libel Dr. Paul. 

edit:  I never liked RT, either.   

I would cut RT some slack and give them the benefit of the doubt, Sky.

The article could be due to the simple fact that RT gives Ron Paul a lot a coverage, positive coverage, while the US MSM gives him very little coverage, and only of the negative kind.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 4th, 2018 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Tom Palven wrote on Jul 4th, 2018 at 11:52am:
I would cut RT some slack and give them the benefit of the doubt, Sky.

The article could be due to the simple fact that RT gives Ron Paul a lot a coverage, positive coverage, while the US MSM gives him very little coverage, and only of the negative kind.

That makes sense Tom. I would add to that, Ron Paul is responsible for his staffers and this slipup at least tells us something about one (some) of his staffers.

Yes, RT is very supportive of Ron Paul and has interviewed him on their programs.

In fact, RT is very supportive of Trump and the Republican party right now because they see hope in peaceful relations with Trump and more of the same hate from the Democrats.

Unfortunately, commies still live under the beds of Americans like the Chief.

IP Logged

Pastor Jimmy

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 4:16pm
Print Post  
Ron Paul takes no responsibility for his racism. A number of years ago, he published materials that contained racist rants. When called on it, he said he didn't know about them and blamed his staff.

The Rev. Dr. Jimmy Clifton, LCSW
Lutheran Pastor
IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Pastor Jimmy wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 4:16pm:
Ron Paul takes no responsibility for his racism. A number of years ago, he published materials that contained racist rants. When called on it, he said he didn't know about them and blamed his staff.
Well maybe... Are you saying he's as bad as Louis Farrakhan?

BTW, that sort of thing often catches out publishers, especially if they have other things to do that are also important to them.

Probably some "Young Progressive" infiltrated his publishing operation and planted some racist shit to try to discredit him while he was off working for individual liberty and equal application of the law.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 6:13pm
Print Post  

Yes, I remember and I think your comment is being realistic. It really does look like both Ron and Rand have been caught promoting racism and they've tried to slip out of it by clever maneuvering. It's happened too many times now.

In any case, we need to give them both the benefit of the doubt on deniability, even though it's become repetitive.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, I remember and I think your comment is being realistic. It really does look like both Ron and Rand have been caught promoting racism...
Looks like?

That's what you want people to see, so you blow smoke in front of the mirrors.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  

Ron Paul has a team of staffers, some of whom are allowed to post as him. 

The racist "materials" you're referring to are probably the newsletters "he" allegedly wrote in 2008:

"When the newsletter controversy came up again during the 2008 campaign, Dr. Paul explained that he didn't actually write the newsletters but because they carried his name he was morally responsible for their content. Further, he didn't know exactly who wrote the offensive things and they didn't represent his views."

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/12/the-story-behind-ron-pauls-...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Ron Paul's Racist Slipup.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy