Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › i hate the fact that its ok to avertize bear on tv but not hard lucka
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic i hate the fact that its ok to avertize bear on tv but not hard lucka (Read 122 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

i hate the fact that its ok to avertize bear on tv but not hard lucka
Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
hontly the fcc is the bigest exsample of over reching governent  it stars  like the ffa then it wants to be a censer board cant privet compaies just know there audance  and have driftent programeing blooks tageting a sertant demo cuz even if there was no government cencership there would be standers and practices of eatch boradcast company

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: i hate the fact that its ok to avertize bear on tv but not hard lucka
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:17pm:
hontly the fcc is the bigest exsample of over reching governent  it stars  like the ffa then it wants to be a censer board cant privet compaies just know there audance  and have driftent programeing blooks tageting a sertant demo cuz even if there was no government cencership there would be standers and practices of eatch boradcast company
Recent Supreme Court decisions bode well for giving "commercial" speech the same protections that other speech receives. You are right that it's a free speech issue, but "progressively" minded people have always wanted to make society better by "nudging" people into staying sober.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jul 6th, 2018 at 7:17pm:

Canada doesn't allow liquor and tobacco advertising. That's called taking a 'socially' responsible position.

You know what you want. Can you adjust your principles to allow you to support what you believe is right?

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Canada doesn't allow liquor and tobacco advertising. That's called taking a 'socially' responsible position.

You know what you want. Can you adjust your principles to allow you to support what you believe is right?
what that thay should allb be ablie to buy  ads

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:46am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 9:04pm:
what that thay should allb be ablie to buy  ads

Social responsibility trumps kneejerk notions of the need for some freedoms therm. Liquor and tobacco advertising introduce impressionable children into the use of addicting chemicals substances.

You might think of it as similar to how religion affects children't minds.

I'm rue you can understand what I tell you therm, even though you are incapable of replying in a way that people can understand.

I suggest you keep it short and slow down a bit. I would like to be able to understand you. Phonetics are fine if they are carefully chosen.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Quote:

Along with socialized liquor sales?

Honestly, I don't care, sure its silly but its not something worth getting worked up over.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 12:43pm:
Along with socialized liquor sales?

Honestly, I don't care, sure its silly but its not something worth getting worked up over. 

I would like to hear your opinion on 'socialized liquor sales'.

That would be a difficult one for me to get into seriously. Probably a little too complicated for this forum.

Will you take a shot at it?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Social responsibility trumps kneejerk notions of the need for some freedoms therm. Liquor and tobacco advertising introduce impressionable children into the use of addicting chemicals substances.

So do the ads they see all the time and the psychoactive drugs they are given as children and know their friends and classmates are getting to make their lives better...

How seductive is that? To learn in grade school that special drugs can make everything good! Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Quote:

It drives up the cost of alcohol and tobacco and encourages smuggling, which wanna be gangsters like.

Both heavily regulated industries produce lots of tax revenue and have nice lobbyists empowered to pay for everything.

They probably both make deals with the smugglers.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › i hate the fact that its ok to avertize bear on tv but not hard lucka
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy