Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › how do u not be an agresser in a goliblized economy
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) how do u not be an agresser in a goliblized economy (Read 56 times)
thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

how do u not be an agresser in a goliblized economy
Jul 7th, 2018 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
maby i just think the worst of people but wish there was a better way

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: how do u not be an agresser in a goliblized economy
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 7:43am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jul 7th, 2018 at 8:43pm:
maby i just think the worst of people but wish there was a better way
?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:49am
Print Post  
I think Jefferson offers a good methodology for avoiding aggression in a globalized economy:

"Let our affairs be disentangled from those of all other nations, except as to commerce" - Thomas Jefferson

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:58am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:49am:
I think Jefferson offers a good methodology for avoiding aggression in a globalized economy:

"Let our affairs be disentangled from those of all other nations, except as to commerce" - Thomas Jefferson

You tried that on another thread idiot. I pointed out that is exactly what Trump is trying to do. Separate the US away from global commerce! It's like old Tom had suffered through Nazism.

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:49am:

What a great idea!

Probably we should carry a big stick too, because the universe is a dark forest.

Wasn't it Jefferson who got funding for the first five Frigates of the U.S. Navy?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
What a great idea!

Probably we should carry a big stick too, because the universe is a dark forest.

Wasn't it Jefferson who got funding for the first five Frigates of the U.S. Navy?

It was. 

Jefferson understood the importance of keeping the Trade Lanes open. A strong Navy is vital for this.   And he also understood the importance of distancing ourselves from the the political trappings into foreign affairs.

I wish TJ could run in 2020.  I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.  And I could probably get many others to vote for him as well!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:36am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 8th, 2018 at 11:18pm:
It was. 

Jefferson understood the importance of keeping the Trade Lanes open. A strong Navy is vital for this.   And he also understood the importance of distancing ourselves from the the political trappings into foreign affairs.

I wish TJ could run in 2020.  I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.  And I could probably get many others to vote for him as well!
I'll probably end up writing in some living person who comes pretty close to Jefferson's ideals, a good sane libertarian who won't be on the ballot anywhere. Cry

Do you think if Jefferson was alive the LP would choose him as a candidate, or that he would associate himself with the LP?

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 6:36am:
I'll probably end up writing in some living person who comes pretty close to Jefferson's ideals, a good sane libertarian who won't be on the ballot anywhere. Cry

Do you think if Jefferson was alive the LP would choose him as a candidate, or that he would associate himself with the LP?

Has the libertarian party ever been able to attract a highly desirable leader to represent them?

Assuming TJ was high quality?

I think that libertarians lack the ability to make the distinction between remaining involved in commerce and other entanglements with other nations. That would kill it for TJ.

Or at least, nobody has the nerve to express that now, due to their support of Trump.

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:23am:
Has the libertarian party ever been able to attract a highly desirable leader to represent them?

Assuming TJ was high quality?

I think that libertarians lack the ability to make the distinction between remaining involved in commerce and other entanglements with other nations. That would kill it for TJ.

Or at least, nobody has the nerve to express that now, due to their support of Trump.

plz explain to me in detail when the lp saported trump i swere u love to generilize and make up diluial statments abought other people

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:55am
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:23am:

Yes.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › how do u not be an agresser in a goliblized economy
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy