Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Isolationism and anti-Globalism - There's A Difference
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Isolationism and anti-Globalism - There's A Difference (Read 858 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Isolationism and anti-Globalism - There's A Difference
Reply #20 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
You're getting it right with my boss most of the time now Oppo. You'll find him to be quite sensible if you are able to not set him off.

But unfortunately you've burnt too many bridges with my boss now to ever get into his 'good books'. Too much voltarian crap and other childish bullshit.

I read some of what you say, at least until you go goofy with that kind of crap. Sometimes you make a good point too. But most of the time I stop reading because of your problem. Others likely do too.

therm appreciates you.

You joke around too.

You're just butthurt because my jokes are funny.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 12:41am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 11:39pm:
You joke around too.

You're just butthurt because my jokes are funny.

You always hurt the one you love,
The one you shouldn't hurt at all,

Happy 19th. birthday Oppo. I hope you get the loaded gun you asked your stepmom for.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Quote:
No! The US is free to trade with any country it chooses and to refuse to trade with others.

Free trade means individuals are free to trade with anyone anywhere.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:09pm
Print Post  

"Consider the extent to which our lives and liberties are impacted by this international convergence of governmental and profit-driven interests in the surveillance state, the military industrial complex, the private prison industry, the intelligence sector, the technology sector, the telecommunications sector, the transportation sector, and the pharmaceutical industry.

War has become a huge money-making venture, and America, with its vast military empire and its incestuous relationship with a host of international defense contractors, is one of its best buyers and sellers.

America was meant to be primarily a system of local governments, which is a far cry from the colossal federal bureaucracy we have today."

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-07-10/new-world-order-brought-you-global-ind...

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #24 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:09pm:
"Consider the extent to which our lives and liberties are impacted by this international convergence of governmental and profit-driven interests in the surveillance state, the military industrial complex, the private prison industry, the intelligence sector, the technology sector, the telecommunications sector, the transportation sector, and the pharmaceutical industry.

Yes, it can be blamed on US style capitalism and private business that has no government restraints. And you could have included the health care insurance industry too. Especially!

Quote:
War has become a huge money-making venture, and America, with its vast military empire and its incestuous relationship with a host of international defense contractors, is one of its best buyers and sellers.

The MIC is private industry with no restraints!

Quote:
America was meant to be primarily a system of local governments, which is a far cry from the colossal federal bureaucracy we have today."

That's exactly the opposite of what this is all about, as you had pointed out so well.
Private industry unrestrained!

Quote:
[/quote]

Now you're starting to get it. You've walked right into it without any help from me.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes, it can be blamed on US style capitalism and private business that has no government restraints. And you could have included the health care insurance industry too. Especially!

The MIC is private industry with no restraints!

That's exactly the opposite of what this is all about, as you had pointed out so well.
Private industry unrestrained!

Now you're starting to get it. You've walked right into it without any help from me.
[/quote]Cronies Dong. Heavily regulated industries working hand in hand with government.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:26pm:
Cronies Dong. Heavily regulated industries working hand in hand with government.
[/quote]

I'm o.k. with that boss! Even the heavily regulated part if it means we have agreement.

My new thread on how your government is allowing private industry to waste buckets of the tax payer's money is all about exactly that.

It shows how in several examples the US could be spending the same as other countries and getting the same results.

But your government, being corrupt as it is, allows private industry to rip the people off.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #27 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
My new thread on how your government is allowing private industry to waste buckets of the tax payer's money is all about exactly that.

That's how modern crony capitalism works Dong, everywhere it's implemented by governments and their cronies, even in China (maybe especially in China...) bread is stolen from productive people and funneled to both government cronies and cronies of the government, who all get rich.

Governments around the world have been encouraging cronyism since mercantilist times.
« Last Edit: Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:24pm by Jeff »  

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #28 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 4:17pm:
That's how modern crony capitalism works Dong, everywhere it's implemented by governments and their cronies, eve in China (maybe especially in China...) bread is stolen from productive people and funneled to both government cronies and cronies of the government, who all get rich.

Governments around the world have been encouraging cronyism since mercantilist times.

I said I agreed boss. China used to rip the people off on their bread.

The US rips people off for billions on their health care. Corrupt government if bought and paid for by big industry.

You've got to see my thread on how US private business is ripping off the American people for buckets full of money. The link contains all the facts and figures in graph form.

You won't like it but you can always read it and pretend you didn't? Hey boss, if you can't trust your dink, who can you trust?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #29 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Corrupt government if bought and paid for by big industry.
Businesses only give money to politicians when they get something in return, even if it's only protection.

For businesses buying more than protection, the special crony businesses who are sold favors, they get rich as you say, but they make sure their political masters get rich too.

The entire problem arises when you give government the power to grant favors to businesses.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Isolationism and anti-Globalism - There's A Difference
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy