Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump May Pull US Troops From Europe?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump May Pull US Troops From Europe? (Read 55 times)
SicklersDink
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Trump May Pull US Troops From Europe?
Jul 9th, 2018 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
https://news.antiwar.com/2018/07/08/nato-fears-trump-may-threaten-to-pull-troops...

Really? And now the big question: Doe Europe care?  Can Trump use this threat as pressure to get Europe paying more into Nato?

I was Don G. but Craig owns me now.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump May Pull US Troops From Europe?
Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Here's Raimondo's, the libertarian's take on the proceedings. As if any p-l's would give a shit.

https://original.antiwar.com/justin/2018/07/08/from-singapore-to-helsinki-the-ca...

Some people at antiwar.com still actually believe this ass!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
Here's Raimondo's, the libertarian's take on the proceedings. As if any p-l's would give a shit.

https://original.antiwar.com/justin/2018/07/08/from-singapore-to-helsinki-the-ca...

Some people at antiwar.com still actually believe this ass!

Good article. Thanks for sharing it.   Smiley

Raimondo sums it up well:

The opposition to the Helsinki summit isn’t just partisan noise – it’s a criminal act, a crime against humanity, and ought to be treated as such by the American people...

The same goes for critics of the Singapore summit, who deny the Korean people any agency and are energetically trying to sabotage the peace talks.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Raimondo: Quote:
The Helsinki summit is a chance to make the most important diplomatic breakthrough on nuclear arms since the Reagan era. The US has been backtracking, withdrawing from essential agreements to limit nukes in Europe, with NATO troops advancing up to the very gates of Moscow in a provocative show of force deemed to be “exercises.” After years of trying to defuse tensions, the Russians finally responded in kind by (supposedly) developing a new line of deadly nukes aimed at American cities.

Maybe it will stimulate some conversation?

Not the part of Raimondo's spiel that has a lot to do with the topic of this thread, but at least a start if my boss sees it.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:32pm:
Raimondo:
Maybe it will stimulate some conversation?

Not the part of Raimondo's spiel that has a lot to do with the topic of this thread, but at least a start if my boss sees it.

Let's hope he does.  This stuff interests me a lot.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
Let's hope he does.  This stuff interests me a lot.

That's because you're simple minded and you don't understand that the US needs Nato and no other country does.

And your fukked up corrupt government would 'off' Trump before they would ever let him dick around with Nato.

I told you to get over your hurt feelings. You can't think straight until you do that.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 3:19pm
Print Post  
SicklersDink wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
That's because you're simple minded and you don't understand that the US needs Nato and no other country does.

I've repeatedly stated that the US should get out of NATO because the other [NATO] countries don't really benefit by US participation.  It actually hurts them.  The US makes all the decisions concerning NATO ops.  This takes away power from the other NATO countries. They'd be much better off without all the US meddling.

You're frustration is understandable, though. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:39pm
Print Post  
"The Helsinki summit is a chance to make the most important diplomatic breakthrough on nuclear arms since the Reagan era. The US has been backtracking, withdrawing from essential agreements to limit nukes in Europe."

Raimondo

Why should the U.S. be involved in nukes in Europe?

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 9th, 2018 at 4:39pm:
"The Helsinki summit is a chance to make the most important diplomatic breakthrough on nuclear arms since the Reagan era. The US has been backtracking, withdrawing from essential agreements to limit nukes in Europe."

Raimondo

Why should the U.S. be involved in nukes in Europe?

The Helsinki summit is an opportunity to reduce the proliferation of nukes in Europe, and would decrease the likelihood of some misstep by one of the Cold War interests. 

Yes, I said it.  Cold War.  It's back. Only now the stakes are much higher because of developments in computer technology.  War-making is now algorithm-based.

Remember the the disaster of algorithm-based short-sale stock trading?  They had to ban it because the market could spiral out-of-control in a matter of minutes. And it did a couple of times. 

Same thing with nukes.

Democrat and Republican warhawks are scared to death that Trump might make some headway in de-proliferation talks with Putin.

IP Logged

SicklersDink

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 10th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 10th, 2018 at 6:58pm:
The Helsinki summit is an opportunity to reduce the proliferation of nukes in Europe, and would decrease the likelihood of some misstep by one of the Cold War interests. 

Yes, I said it.  Cold War.  It's back. Only now the stakes are much higher because of developments in computer technology.  War-making is now algorithm-based.

Remember the the disaster of algorithm-based short-sale stock trading?  They had to ban it because the market could spiral out-of-control in a matter of minutes. And it did a couple of times. 

Same thing with nukes.

Democrat and Republican warhawks are scared to death that Trump might make some headway in de-proliferation talks with Putin.

Well I can tell you right now Chief that the D's and the R's have no need to be scared. Trump is not going to make any peaceful progress with Putin.

Obama already did that and look what it got him on the Syria question.

Peace!

And one hell of a lot of problems for the US to keep the war going without being too obvious.

Me and you for peace Chief. fu-- Trump!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump May Pull US Troops From Europe?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy