Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Case for Nationalist Libertarianism
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Case for Nationalist Libertarianism (Read 3067 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Case for Nationalist Libertarianism
Reply #210 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
That balloon being my assertion that income taxation will never be eliminated??

No, this:

Quote:
There are lots of ideas out there for reforming income tax but none include eliminating it completely.

This BS balloon got popped.  Big time.

The truth is that there are several ideas for eliminating the Income Tax. I gave you one of them.

You ignored it because it doesn't conform to your Green Party narrative.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #211 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:14pm:
No, this:

The truth is that there are several ideas for eliminating the Income Tax. I gave you one of them.

After a while there's no fun in cointinuing to humiliate you. It's only good for an hour or so.

Let's cap it off with a laughing man for today. No excuses now!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #212 - Aug 12th, 2018 at 4:14pm
Print Post  
Thingy, listen up, your idea about rights of "the whole" is important, so important that I think it is imperative of you to tell us who/what is included in
the whole".

Until you do that, it will not be possible to make any sense of anything you say about rights.

IP Logged

Andrew_Armao
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #213 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:08pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 3:14pm:
No, this:

One idea is eliminating subsidies. It is about as much as income tax draws in. Why should corporations rake money in for free while Americans have to surrender wages for merely collecting them? UNACCEPTABLE.

Andrew J Armao

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #214 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
You can't tell the government to violate rights. Whatever power you have to do so is illegitimate.

Unplug your nasty little stub-ears and listen to the words coming off of my fingers.

Exactly what I have been saying, only in your usual upside down manner. The people of America specifically created a government to protect rights, and specifically told it in a few instances exactly what it absolutely cannot do.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #215 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 1:59pm:
If you want to invite X over to work for you, and you pay him in the manner of a voluntary transaction, you get to.

If the government tries to stop you, they are violating your rights. Whatever bullshit reason they use (including lack of citizenship) is irrelevant. Your property. You decide. Not the government.

Congress was given power to make laws regarding immigration and naturalization.

Most everybody who thinks about it rationally believes that power was granted so that terrorists and criminals and people carrying infectious diseases could be kept out, and it is a legitimate reason to give the government power over immigration.

Your complaint is rightly with Congress, unless you want to take the granted power from Congress so that we have open borders? On principle? Because NAP and all?

Do what you think will help.

Libertarians have been arguing for better immigration laws for decades now, to no effect.

It seems plausible to me that Congress wants to have a lot of people crossing the border illegally to work, and I see two likely reasons-

They want terrorists and criminals to be able to come in with the flood of illegal workers, and they want Gestapo along our borders.

I'm cynical, I know it...

You know the U.S. border is now 200 miles wide don't you?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #216 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The rights of the whole is the same as the rights of others, in my opinion.
You said that the individual rights of all others would have to be infringed or denied to make way for the rights of "the whole".

Individuals can be part of a whole, as in "All the members of the Lions Club", but they are still individuals.

Your assertion was that "the whole" is "everybody who is in a country", and that conglomeration has "rights".

I ask you again, give me an example of a right possessed by "the whole" as you define it, and tell me what individual rights must be sacrificed for the "rights of the whole". Thanks.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #217 - Aug 16th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Andrew_Armao wrote on Aug 16th, 2018 at 4:08pm:
One idea is eliminating subsidies. It is about as much as income tax draws in. Why should corporations rake money in for free while Americans have to surrender wages for merely collecting them? UNACCEPTABLE.
It's part of the "progressive" plan to make America a crony capitalist tyranny.

There is no Constitutional authorization to transfer wealth to anyone. That includes the friends and families and cronies of elected officials and bureaucrats.

The problem is the "progressive" interpretation of the Constitution that claims the Constitution grants general power to Congress to control the economy, to do whatever it claims will be best for the general welfare.

The only way to stop corporate welfare to cronies is to revert to the original interpretation and meaning of the Constitution. Keeping preserving the blessings of liberty in mind always... And our posterity.

IP Logged

Andrew_Armao
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #218 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 12th, 2018 at 2:36pm:
Not true.

There certainly ARE plans to eliminate Income Tax completely.   The most popular of these plans is the National Sales Tax.

"The individual and corporate income tax, the capital gains tax, and the estate and gift taxes would all be eliminated.."

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/considering-national-sales-tax

The income tax must be eliminated!

Andrew J Armao

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #219 - Aug 19th, 2018 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
Andrew_Armao wrote on Aug 19th, 2018 at 9:26pm:
The income tax must be eliminated!

Yes.

It's wrong when government takes our wealth at the point of of a gun.

This is why the Libertarian Party is committed to ending the Income Tax.

We know that (Direct) taxation is inherently wrong.

Jeff will talk about "Direct" taxes and "apportionment".  He will cite a host of lawsuits where the Supreme Court upheld the legal entitlement of Congress to claim on a portion of our income, wages, or salary.

But we all know this is inherently wrong.

As free people become smarter and smarter, the government becomes dumber and dumber.

The future looks bright for libertarianism.  Smiley

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."  - Thomas Jefferson

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Case for Nationalist Libertarianism
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy