Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The US is Spending Buckets Full of Money.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The US is Spending Buckets Full of Money. (Read 553 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: The US is Spending Buckets Full of Money.
Reply #10 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
Ok,, thanks for posting the article so I could read it.

I think we both agree that Congress is corrupt, and squanders Taxpayer's money.

Our disagreement is the remedy.

You say that it should be allowed to continue, and I say by abolishing Income Tax, the corruption and cronyism will stop.  It has to. 

"If Congress has no money to spend, they'll have no money to squander." - SkyChief

I'm obviously not saying it should continue. I'm saying that the rest of the world has solved the problem to the extent it can ever be solved.

And yes, congress is corrupt because it upholds private industry's abuse and waste of the taxpayer's dollar. You all know that very well. Be it the MIC or whatever!

Eliminate government waste by preventing private industry from wasting it. The article makes that very clear. It's actually the perfect article to point out to Americans why they're so pissed off. What can I say chief? I can lead a horse to water, .................

If you think you can eliminate income tax altogether then do something to put your plan in action. The petition?

Sorry you can't see the graphs, it would be a real smackdown for all of you.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm obviously not saying it should continue. I'm saying that the rest of the world has solved the problem to the extent it can ever be solved...

If you think you can eliminate income tax altogether then do something to put your plan in action. The petition?

I'd love to take credit for the [abolishing the Income Tax] idea, but the truth is, it's not mine.  Embarrassed

It's Ron Paul's idea:

"When I say cut taxes, I don’t mean fiddle with the code. I mean abolish the income tax and the IRS, and replace them with nothing!"

The only long-term solution that is going to work is to get rid of the entire steaming pile of garbage.  Ron Paul, along with millions of other libertarians, understands this.

"If Congress has no money to spend, they'll have no money to squander." - SkyChief

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 1:56pm:
I'd love to take credit for the [abolishing the Income Tax] idea, but the truth is, it's not mine.  Embarrassed

It's Ron Paul's idea:

"When I say cut taxes, I don’t mean fiddle with the code. I mean abolish the income tax and the IRS, and replace them with nothing!"

The only long-term solution that is going to work is to get rid of the entire steaming pile of garbage.  Ron Paul, along with millions of other libertarians, understands this.

When you get tired of treading water than maybe the petition?

In the meantime let private industry continue to rip you and Ron Paul off.

Sometimes I think that Ron Paul and sonny are plants for the government. They guarantee the status quo!

As long as your politicians can keep you patsies reaching for pies in the sky like abolishing income tax, the longer they can keep you in your place.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Quote:
This is one I posted especially for Dual Guy...
I'm waiting to see what he has to say...

Which thread was special for me? I forgot... Embarrassed

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2018 at 6:47pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
I'm waiting to see what he has to say...

Which thread was special for me? I forgot... Embarrassed

No boss, it's the one where you called Oppo a lizard and I agreed. You were right all along about him.

Did you know the chief is also a reptilian?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  
Pseudo-libertarians, if your ideas of libertarianism still aren't working for you yet today, you might be interested in learning why. Check out the link I posted in my OP.

Big business is cheating Americans out of buckets of money and it's going into their pockets as profit.

The amount the people are paying is enough to make you nearly equal with the happiest countries in the world!

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/04/09/how-the-u-s-spends-more-h....

How the U.S. spends more helping its citizens than other rich countries, but gets way less.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Like the irresponsible teenager, Government has demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to spend our (Taxpayer's) money responsibly.

We have no choice but to take away their credit card (Income Tax).  It's the only remedy.   Cry

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:51am:
Like the irresponsible teenager, Government has demonstrated that they cannot be trusted to spend our (Taxpayer's) money responsibly.

We have no choice but to take away their credit card (Income Tax).  It's the only remedy.   Cry

It's not the only remedy but it's one of the remedies. But of course it can never happen. Even your corrupt government would never allow it to happen. It would be putting the cart before the horse and millions of Americans would die waiting for the next step.

If you're looked at the facts spelled out in my link then at least you know that your system is the worst and now you know why.

That's progress. If I can get everybody up to understanding and accepting that then, we'll have a chance of moving on.

libertarians will probably choose to continue to punish themselves as they depend on their p-l thoughts and prayers.

But just think if millions of normal people saw the truth!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If you're looked at the facts spelled out in my link then at least you know that your system is the worst and now you know why.

There's a fatal flaw in the article, though:

"A new report says the real waste isn't in food stamps but with tax breaks that subsidize spending on things like health care and housing. "

The premise is flawed because it assumes that tax breaks are a bad thing. 

Tax Breaks are always a good thing - for whatever reason.  The lower the taxes, the better for productive Americans.  Lower taxes puts more "discretionary-spending" money in people's pockets.  That means they will spend more money, buy better houses, and the economy benefits.   Real growth happens.

A person's earnings belong to them - not the government.  Libertarians understand this, and that's why Ron Paul demands that the IRS and Income Taxes should be abolished.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The US is Spending Buckets Full of Money.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy