Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If the U.S.' problem with healthcare is government intervention...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If the U.S.' problem with healthcare is government intervention... (Read 684 times)
ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If the U.S.' problem with healthcare is government intervention...
Reply #10 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:04am
Print Post  
Mostly because we spend our money poorly.  We have government healthcare but its been organized in one of the worst ways possible.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:09am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:04am:
Mostly because we spend our money poorly.  We have government healthcare but its been organized in one of the worst ways possible. 

You have private, for profit health care. Are you not aware of all the differences in the US system that makes it the worst of all the developed nations?

Thanks to JW for the truth that revealed that Obamacare at least made a small difference for the good of the people.

Everybody has been brainwashed to believe that your current system just needs finetuning. Billions and billions of dollars are at stake if the people ever wise up.

Your lives are a matter that's not your doctor's business, it's between you and a big insurance company.

Patsies!

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:22am
Print Post  
We have both private and government health care in the US with the private being heavily subsidized and heavily regulated.  Its a mishmash labrynthine system that nobody would have designed on purpose.

Even the private side is only partially for profit as many care providers are non-profit entities. 

The least subsidized and least regulated parts of the market tend to be the most efficient.  Dental, eyecare, plastic surgery, etc.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:24am
Print Post  
DontTread44 wrote on Jul 11th, 2018 at 3:31pm:
Why do other countries spend much less on state-sponsored healthcare and even have longer lifespans than we do?

becouse medicare cant nagoate prices neather do privet inshures is a problem usa heath care  we have solized medince for the poor and it is ineffective what works for a erupan country or even china would nevery work in the usa the pont is the population and are ligle bribey and the fact that are goverment is used not for the befit of its citizens but for the people that can afford lobbyists   crates alot of problems

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:30am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:22am:
We have both private and government health care in the US with the private being heavily subsidized and heavily regulated.  Its a mishmash labrynthine system that nobody would have designed on purpose.

Even the private side is only partially for profit as many care providers are non-profit entities. 

The least subsidized and least regulated parts of the market tend to be the most efficient.  Dental, eyecare, plastic surgery, etc. 

You're defending the existing system and as is usual, you're probably sticking close to the truth.

But you're still insisting on treading water by not acknowledging how it can be improved.

Have a look at my thread I posted on how your government is spending as much or more on social services as some of the other countries but the people are getting less. Health care is covered, as well as a few other examples.

Then present your argument in a more valid and realistic way. That is, if you still want to argue the point.

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:09pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 11:22am:

Quote:
You're defending the existing system and as is usual, you're probably sticking close to the truth.

True, that was a ringing endorsement of the current system.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 12:09pm:
True, that was a ringing endorsement of the current system. 

I think you're afraid to acknowledge the truth and so you endorse a system that is cheating you out of your money on taxes that have no payback.

At least I wanted to make some people at least aware but if you're afraid of knowing then that's your choice.

I found it enlightening because I always thought that your government wasn't putting enough money into social services. Now I learn that the amount is adequate but it's being redirected into the pockets of big business.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
JW wrote on Jul 12th, 2018 at 10:01am:
In my state, a low cost plan is about $200 per month for each person.

In my business over five years, our health care costs have decreased about 10% overall; where prior to ACA it was going up about 8% per year.   So it might have been about 40% higher now than without ACA.  Right now I pay about $60k per year for everyone in the company so we are getting about $24k per year savings.

What are the details of the plan available in your state for $200/month/person?

I'm happy that your business is saving money because of the ACA and that you can therefore keep offering health care as a benefit... How much does it cost you per year/employee?
What sort of coverage does your plan provide?

Not many people have employer sponsored medical insurance anymore, and most who do have seen their share of the cost increase and their deductibles increase and their coverage become more limited.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think you're afraid to acknowledge the truth...
He's telling you the truth Dong.

IP Logged

thermf5

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Jul 12th, 2018 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I think you're afraid to acknowledge the truth and so you endorse a system that is cheating you out of your money on taxes that have no payback.

At least I wanted to make some people at least aware but if you're afraid of knowing then that's your choice.

I found it enlightening because I always thought that your government wasn't putting enough money into social services. Now I learn that the amount is adequate but it's being redirected into the pockets of big business.

name me a country where people dont get budy budy and give there frinds jobs when there is a better option for eather seves or price or trust

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If the U.S.' problem with healthcare is government intervention...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy