Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Battle Continues at Antiwar.com
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic The Battle Continues at Antiwar.com (Read 176 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

The Battle Continues at Antiwar.com
Jul 18th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
On any particular day one can give the edge to the Trump side or the anti-Trump side. It's never a sure thing but it's always worth the libertarians time to check it out.

Currently Raimondo is pro-Trump but the weather could change tomorrow.

Right now the moderator, Thomas Knapp has just written an interesting pro-Trump piece.

"Have Rosenstein and Mueller Gone too far?"

Thomas's POV has been more steady than Raimondo's who have turned with the wind. Thomas has turned pro-Trump for the first time ever as far as I know.

His article is worth reading but the real tone of antiwar.com's audience is better judged in the comments to Knapp.

Keep in mind that the commenters are continously screened off the site by Thomas Knapp and the site is libertarian primarily so the edge should always be in Trump's favour.

The thing that's most obvious of all is that the two sides are madly spinning the whole thing in two exactly opposing directions.

I think that there's a good chance that truth and justice will take a back seat to the most effective political spin.

I think that Trump is toast!

IP Logged

thermf5
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Battle Continues at Antiwar.com
Reply #1 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
On any particular day one can give the edge to the Trump side or the anti-Trump side. It's never a sure thing but it's always worth the libertarians time to check it out.

Right now the moderator, Thomas Knapp has just written an interesting pro-Trump piece.

Thomas's POV has been more steady than Raimondo's who have turned with the wind. Thomas has turned pro-Trump for the first time ever as far as I know.

His article is worth reading but the real tone of antiwar.com's audience is better judged in the comments to Knapp.

Keep in mind that the commenters are continously screened off the site by Thomas Knapp and the site is libertarian primarily so the edge should always be in Trump's favour.

The thing that's most obvious of all is that the two sides are madly spinning the whole thing in two exactly opposing directions.

I think that there's a good chance that truth and justice will take a back seat to the most effective political spin.

the russias did meddle in are elections and the gop is still mosty towing the pardy line at the end of the day we need to get it throw trumps that skull that russian meddleing dose not me colution antheney scronucci agrees with me on that but i still think the probly of colution is high but muller would need to trun tump jr to prove it

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Jul 18th, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Jul 18th, 2018 at 2:17pm:
the russias did meddle in are elections and the gop is still mosty towing the pardy line at the end of the day we need to get it throw trumps that skull that russian meddleing dose not me colution antheney scronucci agrees with me on that but i still think the probly of colution is high but muller would need to trun tump jr to prove it
fooch thermie

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 8:53am
Print Post  
Quote:

You gotta help me out again with a link.

I can't find Thomas Knapp or his article at anti-war or in a google search.  Cry

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 8:53am:
You gotta help me out again with a link.

I can't find Thomas Knapp or his article at anti-war or in a google search.  Cry

Sorry Tom, they remove articles every day. So I googled antiwar.com thomas knapp and I got his latest.

https://original.antiwar.com/thomas-knapp/2018/07/17/have-mueller-and-rosenstein...

Which is the article I was referring to yesterday.

Can you post more often on this forum Tom Palven? There's so very little serious conversation now on the forum and I find your posts worth reading, as well as you are a good one to bounce my ideas off. At least it stimulates conversation on the forum and maybe the usual spammers will eventually get tired of their bullshit and see life more seriously.

Anyway, Thomas Knapp wrote a good one that time. Not that I agree with it but it raised some good comments!

IP Logged

Tommy Palven

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Sorry Tom, they remove articles every day. So I googled antiwar.com thomas knapp and I got his latest.

https://original.antiwar.com/thomas-knapp/2018/07/17/have-mueller-and-rosenstein...

Which is the article I was referring to yesterday.

Can you post more often on this forum Tom Palven? There's so very little serious conversation now on the forum and I find your posts worth reading, as well as you are a good one to bounce my ideas off. At least it stimulates conversation on the forum and maybe the usual spammers will eventually get tired of their bullshit and see life more seriously.

Anyway, Thomas Knapp wrote a good one that time. Not that I agree with it but it raised some good comments!

If you say that's a change of heart for Knapp I believe you, but I never knew who he is to begin with.

I don't think his argument was very useful.  For example, when he said of Rosenstein and Mueller that "Their timing was clearly intentional" I might agree with him, but there's no proof of that and no one else has to accept his word for it.

Btw, you might like to join the Skeptic Forum.
http://www.skepticforum.com/

Your views will be much more acceptable there than mine are.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
Tommy Palven wrote on Jul 19th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
If you say that's a change of heart for Knapp I believe you, but I never knew who he is to begin with.

I don't think his argument was very useful.  For example, when he said of Rosenstein and Mueller that "Their timing was clearly intentional" I might agree with him, but there's no proof of that and no one else has to accept his word for it.

Btw, you might like to join the Skeptic Forum.
http://www.skepticforum.com/

Your views will be much more acceptable there than mine are.

Yes, Thomas Knapp has been a consistent critic of Raimondo when Raimondo is in pro-Trump mode.

I can only offer the piece and give my interpretation of it. And of course, the comments are enlightening in my opinion.

Thanks for the link to the skeptics forum, I'll check it out.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Battle Continues at Antiwar.com
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy