Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Future is Libertarian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Future is Libertarian (Read 2155 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

Re: The Future is Libertarian
Reply #60 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 11:37am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 11:25am:
Thanks. 

The subject matter of my letters is irrelevant to this discussion. However I was very careful to be polite, because I hoped that would increase the chance of my ideas being given consideration.

Two of the three letters I sent were identical.  Not surprisingly, the responses I received from her were identical.

My e-mails to Maxine Waters were intercepted by screeners.   I'm nearly certain she never saw them.

It's logical to think that she would need screeners because of the volume of letters she receives every day.

I would suggest that the screeners consider the letters and screen out the ones that would not be possible to consider or take action on. Therefore, to be able to help reach an understanding of why Maxine has sent you three form letters, it's necessary to know what you've been asking for.

Did they all deal with the Cal-3 thing? Let's follow through on this complaint of yours chief. That's one of the main purposes of this forum.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It's logical to think that she would need screeners because of the volume of letters she receives every day...

Let's follow through on this complaint of yours chief. That's one of the main purposes of this forum.

My complaint is lousy representation - not that my e-mails were discarded.

I actually don't blame Maxine Waters for it.  I blame the idiot voters that keep re-electing her to office. Waters is a career politician who has been a Congress member since 1991!

She hasn't always been corrupt, IMO.  The corruption really started in 2008.

My Voter Proficiency Exam would fix this mess. 

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #62 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:14pm:
My complaint is lousy representation - not that my e-mails were discarded.

I actually don't blame Maxine Waters for it.  I blame the idiot voters that keep re-electing her to office. Waters is a career politician who has been a Congress member since 1991!

My Voter Proficiency Exam would fix this mess. 

In other words, you're copping out and you don't want to reveal what kind of nonsense you were asking of her.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In other words, you're copping out and you don't want to reveal what kind of nonsense you were asking of her.

Oh dear.  You just stepped in your own trap, Dink. 

It doesn't matter what the nature of the ideas I expressed to my representative was, does it?

Regardless of what the subject matter was, you would have argued that it's all nonsense, has no merit, and that's why her screeners rejected them.

I think we're done here, Dink.  au revoir    Smiley

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 12:29pm:
Oh dear.  You just stepped in your own trap, Dink. 

It doesn't matter what the nature of the ideas I expressed to my representative was, does it?

Regardless of what the subject matter was, you would have argued that it's all nonsense, has no merit, and that's why her screeners rejected them.

I think we're done here, Dink.  au revoir    Smiley

Maybe? My guess is that you asked her to eliminate income tax and threw a tantrum when she didn't jump through your hoop like a trained seal.

Au revoir if you're too afraid to talk about it.

IP Logged

Andrew_Armao
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  
We are the party of the future! The future is Liberty, innovation, and spacial exploration.

Andrew J Armao

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Jul 28th, 2018 at 11:32am
Print Post  
Andrew_Armao wrote on Jul 28th, 2018 at 9:02am:
We are the party of the future! The future is Liberty, innovation, and spacial exploration.

I like your attitude Andrew! But I'm not hearing many new ideas from you with that.

So how about we start talking on regulations? Let's take government mandating the use of seatbelts for an example. (because nobody wants to name any other one)

Let's consider eliminating that regulation for libertarians only. It would suit the libertarian NAP agenda in that government wouldn't be allowed to fine libertarians for not wearing their seatbelts. Or strapping their babies in securely in the back seat.

Libertarians who survive car crashes would be happy, people like skychief would be eliminated, and we could get on with life!  Roll Eyes

~ government could levy a small road tax that would cover the cost of street sweepers and fire hoses installed at all intersections that would be needed to wash the little brains away into the gutter.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Quote:
So how about we start talking on regulations? Let's take government mandating the use of seatbelts for an example. (because nobody wants to name any other one)

Let's consider eliminating that regulation for libertarians only.
I can see why people drove you away Dick.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #68 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 22nd, 2018 at 1:01pm:
I guess you want big government, Dink.  Did you know there are tens of thousands of unelected bureaucrats churning out laws for us to obey?  Government is out of control and needs to be downsized.  Uncle Sam needs to go on a diet.
Exactly, but it needs to be an imposed diet. The government has proved it's inability to control itself.

That's the problem libertarians address, getting control of the government.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 1st, 2018 at 4:59pm:
That's the problem libertarians address, getting control of the government.

I have a sure-fire solution that will gain immediate control over government.

Take away their spending money.   Abolish the Income Tax.

If government has no money to spend, it has no money to squander on boondoggle programs .  Cronyism is only possible when government has money to play with.

Well, it's not really MY plan - Ron Paul suggested abolishing the Income Tax many years ago.   That's what got him blacklisted and marginalized by crony Dems and Republicans.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Future is Libertarian
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy