Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › China's View of Trump's Trade War!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) China's View of Trump's Trade War! (Read 2203 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

China's View of Trump's Trade War!
Jul 25th, 2018 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/434245-china-africa-trade-war/

Ya think Americans? I mean really, do ya think Trump can take on China?

How about you chief? Are you still standing behind your president saviour?  Roll Eyes

Real libertarians know how to take a stand against this Trump nonsense!

IP Logged

ahhell
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: China's View of Trump's Trade War!
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
You still repeat the lie that we support trump on this.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 1:06pm:
You still repeat the lie that we support trump on this.   

If you don't support Trump on this then I accept it. Each of the others are offered the same opportunity to declare the same.
In a sincere way!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If you don't support Trump on this then I accept it. Each of the others are offered the same opportunity to declare the same.
In a sincere way!
Do you think I support tariffs and trade wars Dick? I was opposed to Nixon's wage and price controls too. I bet you could have guessed that...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Ya think Americans? I mean really, do ya think Trump can take on China?

How about you chief? Are you still standing behind your president saviour?  Roll Eyes

Trump is trying to level the playing field and rectify the China ($374 Billion) trade deficit with tariffs.

A bad idea, but Trump felt he had to do something

China will retaliate, food prices will go up in China, and things like refrigerators and flat-screen TVs will be more expensive for Americans.

There are never any "winners" in a trade war. Everybody loses, but one side will typically lose more than the other.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:52pm:
A bad idea, IMO, but China has Trump on the ropes.
????

How so?

Why not say America has Xi on the ropes?

IP Logged

RubyHypatia

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
The trade war wasn't started by Trump, it's been going on for years, and China has been winning while we've been losing.  I don't like the idea of a trade war, but I'm not sure what other alternative would get China, and other countries, to stop engaging in unfair trade practices.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:08pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
The trade war wasn't started by Trump, it's been going on for years, and China has been winning while we've been losing.  I don't like the idea of a trade war, but I'm not sure what other alternative would get China, and other countries, to stop engaging in unfair trade practices.
The American people have been winning Ruby. Chinese people have been working cheap to provide us with nice stuff at good prices.

Trump wants to change that?

He wants Americans to have to pay higher prices for lots of stuff? And that would mean we were "winning"?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:12pm
Print Post  
RubyHypatia wrote on Jul 25th, 2018 at 7:58pm:

Do you actually know what you're talking about Ruby, or are you just regurgitating some talking points you've heard from one of Trump's hillbillies.

So is it just China that's not playing fair with the US or is it all the other countries Trump decided to take on?

Give us your best argument on China if you prefer, or any of the others.

Would it be o.k. with you if I started out with Canada's softwood lumber fight with the US?

Whatever fight you consider yourself the expert on, is fine with me though.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Jul 25th, 2018 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Do you actually know what you're talking about Ruby, or are you just regurgitating some talking points you've heard from one of Trump's hillbillies.

So is it just China that's not playing fair with the US or is it all the other countries Trump decided to take on?

Give us your best argument on China if you prefer, or any of the others.

Would it be o.k. with you if I started out with Canada's softwood lumber fight with the US?

Whatever fight you consider yourself the expert on, is fine with me though.  Embarrassed
That's telling her Dick!

The U.S. has been protectionist at least since the beginning of the Progressive Era... 100 years?

Liberal Americans at the beginning of the Progressive Era opposed protectionism and advocated for free trade...

Who in China has ever advocated for free trade?

Liberal Canadians at the beginning of the Progressive Era advocated for free trade right?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › China's View of Trump's Trade War!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy