Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › California is Propering!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) California is Propering! (Read 174 times)
JW
Libertarian Senior Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: California is Propering!
Reply #10 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 10:28am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 28th, 2018 at 1:22pm:
I was born here, and except for 6 years service in the military, lived my whole life here.

My parents were born in CA, and lived there into their 20s.  I was born in CA and lived there 3 months, and then later for 3 years in my 40s. 

After that I lived in the Northeastern US for much of my growing up.  I moved west for College and have lived in rural areas since then. Heinlein said basically; if you don't like Government, move to where there is no Government, so I'm a Heinlein libertarian.  Heinlein also lived his whole life in California.

Given that although I was born in California, I spent most of my pre-adult days on the east coast and most of my adulthood in the rural west. 

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 11:30am
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 9:26am:
... I lived [in California] until about 4 years ago. I left, it makes sad but the state is just untenable.  I have no interesting in living in poverty as an engineer.

You were wise to escape, ahhell... it's gotten worse.  And continually gets worse. 

Cal-3 is years away at best,  but as conditions worsen, the prospect of Cal-3 happening improves proportionally.

The only way to restore liberty and freedom in the Golden State is to decentralize the government. 

Cal-3 will accomplish this.  It will be a long slog uphill all the way, no doubt.  It's worth it, IMO.

JW wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 10:28am:
Heinlein said basically; if you don't like Government, move to where there is no Government, so I'm a Heinlein libertarian.  Heinlein also lived his whole life in California.

Given that although I was born in California, I spent most of my pre-adult days on the east coast and most of my adulthood in the rural west. 

Heinlein died in 1988.  He was spared the heartbreaking decline of his home-state.

"The first step in restoring liberty is to restore the limitations on government"  - SkyChief

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 11:56am
Print Post  
JW wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 10:28am:
Heinlein said basically; if you don't like Government, move to where there is no Government, so I'm a Heinlein libertarian.  Heinlein also lived his whole life in California.
You realize that is a joke based on a place that only exists in Sci Fi.  On earth and among humans, there isn't anywhere you can live that isn't subject to some government.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
ahhell wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 11:56am:
You realize that is a joke based on a place that only exists in Sci Fi.  On earth and among humans, there isn't anywhere you can live that isn't subject to some government.
Heinlein was a good fantasist, not a joker. There are places on earth where you can live with almost no government, and the government so remote and feeble in it's effect on you that you won't feel it.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 8:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 7:28pm:
Heinlein was a good fantasist, not a joker. There are places on earth where you can live with almost no government, and the government so remote and feeble in it's effect on you that you won't feel it.

Right.  If you don't mind the cold, and lack of natural resources (it's mostly ice),  Antarctica has a very limited government.

Also, Greenland is very libertarian.  There's a parliament, but its mostly self-governance in the main city of Nuuk.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Aug 1st, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jul 30th, 2018 at 8:45pm:
Right.  If you don't mind the cold, and lack of natural resources (it's mostly ice),  Antarctica has a very limited government.

Also, Greenland is very libertarian.  There's a parliament, but its mostly self-governance in the main city of Nuuk.
Right. There are many less extreme places where, depending on your circumstances, you can live pretty freely.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › California is Propering!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy