Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge (Read 1734 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge
Reply #110 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 1:56am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 1st, 2019 at 10:05pm:
1)  Strawman.  Stop telling me what I think, you suck at it

Then address what I said, without just hurling insults and calling the idea that laws protect people childish.

Libertarians think I don't have rights. So why should anyone support libertarianism if it's so easy to define people out of having rights that approximately 3/7 libertarians do it?

Why wouldn't I support statism, since I've never even found one statist who thinks they can just gun me down and that it would be moral?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #111 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 7:50am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 1:56am:
Then address what I said, without just hurling insults and calling the idea that laws protect people childish.

Libertarians think I don't have rights. So why should anyone support libertarianism if it's so easy to define people out of having rights that approximately 3/7 libertarians do it?

Why wouldn't I support statism, since I've never even found one statist who thinks they can just gun me down and that it would be moral?

OK, so I said you are naive and suck at reading my mind.  That's "hurling insults?"  On the Internet?  Maybe this isn't the place for you if you're that sensitive.

I was clear what point I was addressing.  If you want me to ask me a question, then ask it directly rather than goading me and chiding me for somehow failing to address a point that I never tried to answer

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

Matt Stone - I hate conservatives, but I really f'ing hate liberals

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #112 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 7:59am
Print Post  
Libertarians think I don't have rights.

Libertarians generally don't believe that animals have the same rights as humans... There is not any firm consensus about whether or not Vulcans have the same rights as humans, since no one has actually met a Vulcan and it's impossible to know if the fantasy Vulcans portrayed on Star Trek are representative of real Vulcans.

You imagine that the Communists who controlled the Soviet Union and China were not statists?

They thought it was moral to murder millions of people because of their beliefs... The State reserved the right to define morality.

Statists of a more common sort, Kings and Emperors and Tsars, often murdered people on the whim of the ruler, because the whim of the ruler defines morality in statism.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #113 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:51pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 7:50am:
OK, so I said you are naive and suck at reading my mind.  That's "hurling insults?"  On the Internet?  Maybe this isn't the place for you if you're that sensitive.

I was clear what point I was addressing.  If you want me to ask me a question, then ask it directly rather than goading me and chiding me for somehow failing to address a point that I never tried to answer

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #114 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 6:59am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 9:51pm:

You think government is in charge of fairness.  You think that fairness is the domain of government, that to not believe government is in charge of fairness is to actually believe that fairness doesn't matter.

So why wouldn't you be a statist?

I think that's a better question than yours.  So?  Why wouldn't you be a statist?  You're already there.

Name a single government atrocity ever committed where the government didn't claim it was fair.  Obamacare and other redistribution of wealth programs, restrictions on free enterprise and free trade.  Feel free to include the Third Reich, Red China and the USSR in your quest for oppressive government that controls and murders it's people that wasn't justified by government as some sort of being fair
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2019 at 8:22am by kaz »  

Greg Gutfeld - I became a conservative by being around liberals and I became a libertarian by being around conservatives

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #115 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:04pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 6:59am:
You think government is in charge of fairness.

Do I think that the laws the government makes should be fair?

Of course not. They should just favour the businessmen.

kaz wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 6:59am:
Name a single government atrocity ever committed where the government didn't claim it was fair.  Obamacare and other redistribution of wealth programs, restrictions on free enterprise and free trade.  Feel free to include the Third Reich, Red China and the USSR in your quest for oppressive government that controls and murders it's people that wasn't justified by government as some sort of being fair

All of those were later overturned as not being fair at all, and even neo-Nazis in modern day don't think killing a bunch of people was okay.

You still haven't met my challenge. No one has.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #116 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:31pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:04pm:
Do I think that the laws the government makes should be fair?

Of course not. They should just favour the businessmen.

All of those were later overturned as not being fair at all, and even neo-Nazis in modern day don't think killing a bunch of people was okay.

You still haven't met my challenge. No one has.

I haven't seen you clearly and coherently ask me a question.

I realize you're faking the libertarian beliefs, but government makes zero effort to be fair.  They just manipulate people gullible enough to believe them.

My solution as a libertarian is to make government as small as possible to limit the unfair things it does.

I can't believe that you think government tries to be fair.  That is belied by all empirical evidence.

As for government enforced fairness has been all overturned, you're living in a dream world.  Our government is built on unfairness.  Wealth redistribution just to start

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #117 - Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:35pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 3rd, 2019 at 9:31pm:
My solution as a libertarian is to make government as small as possible to limit the unfair things it does.

+1   Smiley   Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy