Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge (Read 771 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge
Reply #60 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:19am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 12:58am:
That's nice for people who like to stomp their feet instead of play by the existing rules.

Stomping one's feet is an integral part of asserting one's rights. 

Surely, you are aware of this - no?

It's a screeching-monkey thing...

probably not much help to a Vulcan...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #61 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:42am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 2:11pm:
Both are fantasies...
Fine. Don't complain about how I use the fantasies you introduce into the conversation.

I'm willing to have a discussion about human rights, but I'm also willing to talk about the rights of animals and the rights of fantasy creatures.

If both dragons and Vulcans are fantasies, then you must be a fantasy too, since your claim is that you are sometimes a dragon and sometimes a Vulcan?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #62 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:49am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:37pm:
Yes it does. If you read back the last two pages, he states that you absolutely should judge intelligent beings by the group they belong to.

I can tell the difference between a dolphin and a Komodo Dragon, and I know I'm pretty safe being around dolphins and very much in danger if a big Dragon is around.

Does that make me a racist because I recognize the very different characters of these two "groups" of animals?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #63 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:55am
Print Post  
If you read back the last two pages, he states that you absolutely should judge intelligent beings by the group they belong to.

I have always said that people must be judged as individuals. That also applies to animals. Some dogs are friendly, some will try to rip your throat out, but, I am more comfortable around dogs than I am among grizzly bears... Probably because I can read dogs better? Maybe because I think I have a better chance of surviving an attack by a dog?

Anyway, my judgement is that I am generally safer with a member of the group "dogs" than with a member of the group "grizzly bears"...

And you say that shows that I am a racist. Roll Eyes

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 10:55am
Print Post  
Yes it does. If you read back the last two pages, he states that you absolutely should judge intelligent beings by the group they belong to.

But you won't, because you're a stupid sack of bricks whose species eats tide pods.

You prefer the insta-win by just declaring everything nonsense if it deals with fiction, and racism if it deals with reality.

You're proving in this thread that you don't care about actual racism. You know, the idea that it's okay to judge people based on the group they belong to.

It does on this forum. And since he's already signed several documents preemptively declaring it telepathic rape if I attempt to force a mind-meld with him, I am incapable of disproving what is in my mind, so he wins.

He could say there was a squirrel in my brain, and he'd still win. He's stated that the burden of proof is on me. How do I prove there isn't a squirrel in my brain? Well, I can't. Proving a negative isn't easy.

Tell me more about yourself! I'm slowly coming to understand your character flaw, even though that which motivates you is still complicated. But each time I come close to figuring it out you betray that I'm on the right track.

Why is it that my opinions are so much more troubling to you than they are to others? (excepting the chief who is driven to post laughing men/women out of the frustration of not having an argument)

I expose your racism and you go batshit crazy?
I expose your childishness and you go batshit crazy?
I suggest that hippos/etc. shouldn't be the topic on the main section and you go batshit crazy.

You're displaying an inability to roll with the punches and that's very peculiar. Could it be that you're pretending to over-react as a part of your game?

I think there's a lot being said with your declaration of being a genius. Or more importantly,  placing yourself on a higher intelligence level than everybody else on the forum.

Then when you go and make mistakes and I'm able to come in and take your place, you go right off the rails.

A hint: An adult would learn to not continue to keep feeding my motive with you. I wonder why you keep doing the opposite?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #65 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:49am:
I can tell the difference between a dolphin and a Komodo Dragon, and I know I'm pretty safe being around dolphins and very much in danger if a big Dragon is around.

Does that make me a racist because I recognize the very different characters of these two "groups" of animals?

When you say the rights of the individual should be judged based on the group, that's what makes you racist.

Jeff wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:42am:
Fine. Don't complain about how I use the fantasies you introduce into the conversation.

I'm willing to have a discussion about human rights, but I'm also willing to talk about the rights of animals and the rights of fantasy creatures.

If both dragons and Vulcans are fantasies, then you must be a fantasy too, since your claim is that you are sometimes a dragon and sometimes a Vulcan?

I would be much happier as a non-existent, non-emotional creature.

But you missed the point. Even within fiction there are going to be counter-examples because good writers recognise "All Vulcans are good" or "all dragons are evil" as the ridiculous fourth-wall-breaking tripe it is.

And yet you insisted that because most dragons are evil, no dragon should get rights. Because the overwhelming majority of Vulcans are good, Vulcans get rights.

You've proven you're a worse racist than Dissident ever was. You're just clever enough to trod out the PC bullshit when you can use it to hurt someone. You're a perfect example of a human, you know.

Jeff wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 5:07pm:
RubyHypatia wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 9:03am:
We can have the Draw Mohammed Day on the internet again.  I'm reminded of that movie about the North Korean dictator.  If we won't allow him to bully us out of free speech, why should Muslims be allowed to?  Why should anyone be allowed to?

Ruby, if you feel "bullied out of free speech", I can only say, Hurrah! Hallelujah!

But obviously you don't, because you haven't shut up.

If you want to be a Hero of Free Speech, do the organizing and make sure your real name and face become well known.
Please, please do it.

Typical of how one human treats another. I wish I could say the fact that I want to puke is part of some act wherein I'm pretending to be an alien, but it's not. I actually want to puke. Your species is disgusting. What it is when it's let to run wild is disgusting.

SkyChief wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:19am:
Stomping one's feet is an integral part of asserting one's rights. 

Surely, you are aware of this - no?

It's a screeching-monkey thing...

probably not much help to a Vulcan...

You have to understand how any hyper-intelligent being is just going to perceive this as a natural extension of the law of the jungle. It might grant effective rights, but not real ones.

What I'm looking for is no part of the law of the jungle.

Quote:
Why is it that my opinions are so much more troubling to you than they are to others? (excepting the chief who is driven to post laughing men/women out of the frustration of not having an argument)

I expose your racism and you go batshit crazy?
I expose your childishness and you go batshit crazy?
I suggest that hippos/etc. shouldn't be the topic on the main section and you go batshit crazy.

You're displaying an inability to roll with the punches and that's very peculiar. Could it be that you're pretending to over-react as a part of your game?

You didn't expose anything. You made up a lie that I argued against Affirmative Action when I argued for it. And you're still repeating it.

You would rather lie about me and target me than attack actual racism, because I threaten you.

It is your lies and your hypocrisy that bother me.

Leftists piss their pants and pull out all the stops when you encounter actual genius, because your narrative rests on the authority you get from being the smartest person in the room, so you can shame everyone else into saying there are clothes on the Emperor.

You have to shut us up at any cost, and I think that's sad because I am not antagonistic to your philosophy. I ask the tough questions because I have the tough questions. I can't just not question things, especially things I agree with.

I can't help what I am any more than someone can help the colour of their skin, and for that you're going to get me banned, because you feel threatened.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:45pm:
When you say the rights of the individual should be judged based on the group, that's what makes you racist.

And interesting statement. Can you provide an explanation for it? I can find some truth in it that has nothing to do with his racism, even though I find some possible merit in the statement that could be relative to his racist tendencies.

In some countries certain rights and privileges are withheld because of financial and other considerations that make rights of wealthy modern countries impossible. I suggest those considerations would be much more applicable than the racism factor.

As to the rest of your post, it's just more of you revealing your insecurities by whining about how I treat you. And also, on how others treat you.

Poor you Oppo! the world is so unfair to you and you're the first supposed genius who can't deal effectively with the rest of humanity without asking for special considerations.

In fairness Oppo, even Einstein's genius confined to his field of expertise. So what's yours?

Oh yeah Oppo, it's supposed to be botany you told me. But then I challenged you on a question concerning your expertise and you failed to match even me who makes no claim of having an education of any significance in that field!

Convince us that you're a genius in any field you think you can get away with!  Embarrassed

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #67 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 9:25am
Print Post  
I do not give a shit how you treat me. I will point out that if you get someone banned for something they can't help, you're a hypocrite.

I can't just accept something without questioning it.

If my questioning threatens you, why don't you try telling me straight that it's a basic moral tenet and can't be questioned?

If you do that, I will try not to question whatever it is. If it self-contradicts, though, I can't help you.

Hopefully you will try this and then you don't get slaughtered in a fair argument and have to break out the insults.

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #68 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 11th, 2018 at 9:25am:
I do not give a shit how you treat me. I will point out that if you get someone banned for something they can't help, you're a hypocrite.

I can't just accept something without questioning it.

If my questioning threatens you, why don't you try telling me straight that it's a basic moral tenet and can't be questioned?

If you do that, I will try not to question whatever it is. If it self-contradicts, though, I can't help you.

Hopefully you will try this and then you don't get slaughtered in a fair argument and have to break out the insults.

Oppo, you know I'm not trying to get you banned from the forum, but you want to keep the illusion alive because it gives you attention. I'm o.k. with that, whatever turns your crank.

In fact i don't want to see  anybody banned even though there are some that contribute nothing and detract from libertarianism.

The decision will be Land of Freedom's and it will be based on his own initiative to improve the forum or let it go along as it is.

It's a shame we can't get along better Oppo, there's so little adult conversation left on this forum. Maybe some apologies are in order? Any suggestions?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #69 - Aug 11th, 2018 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 1:45pm:

When the "group" is grizzly bears, they all have animal rights and they should all be treated as if they are dangerous, but you should still treat them as individuals, because some of them are more dangerous than others. Shocked

When the "group" is humans, they are all born with rights and they should all be treated as individuals and judged on their individual actions, unless of course they band together in a criminal gang and work together to pillage and terrorize law abiding people, then you can treat them as a group, and our laws do.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How a Libertarian Strips Rights: A Challenge
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy