Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Reminder We dont post articles
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Reminder We dont post articles (Read 2554 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Reminder We dont post articles
Reply #40 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Kiss !!  Kiss
Excuse me for being skeptical... Do you actually agree with what I just said?  Shocked

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #41 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I see that you've worked through your shame and uncertainty of posting the laughing man/woman cartoons! Let's see now whether or not it's been a good decision?

There's never been any uncertainty, Dink.  Each time you post something really funny, you'll get the reward.

Most of what you post is just neo-Marxist nonsense, and as you know, that doesn't qualify for a laughing-man reward.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
Excuse me for being skeptical... Do you actually agree with what I just said?  Shocked

Let's look at both paragraphs.

Quote:
But it has the legal right to collect taxes if the people have constituted a government and granted it that power, with limits, to be used only for specific purposes, like the Founders of America did with the Constitution.

I don't find any problem with that, but the devil is perhaps in the details. Let's not go there.

Quote:
If you think a strictly limited grant of power from the people to serve purposes which they desire and which further a free, peaceful, civilized society is immoral, along with the 'taxes are always theft' idea, you are advocating anarchy, whether you realize it or not.

You were talking to the Chief and I back you totallly on that. He's somewhere off in his dreamland again and you're setting him straight.

But you don't go far enough with him. He's advocating a lot more horseshit nonsense than just anarchy.

Thanks!  Kiss
Keep smacking him down and maybe he'll shoot himself or something just as desirable. He's visited that possibility already you know.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #43 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Keep smacking him down and maybe [Chief will] shoot himself or something just as desirable. He's visited that possibility already you know.

I'll always be the thorn in your (neo-Marxist) side, Dink.

You can count on that. 

Smiley

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 8:01pm:
I'll always be the thorn in your (neo-Marxist) side, Dink.

You can count on that. 

Smiley

Right now you're a thorn in the LP's side. You discount all possibilities of the party ever becoming a viable political force.

Can you at least recant your statement that the LP will only ever be an imagined ideology?

or would you like to say that you didn't say that? I'm wide open to accepting that claim for the good of the party. It will never be mentioned again!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #45 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Right now you're a thorn in the LP's side. You discount all possibilities of the party ever becoming a viable political force.

Can you at least recant your statement that the LP will only ever be an imagined ideology?

Nope. Its the best ideology out there, IMO.

All other political ideologies are flawed, and history has shown this to be true.

I wouldn't take my [libertarian] position if this weren't so.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:07pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:57pm:
Nope. Its the best ideology out there, IMO.

All other political ideologies are flawed, and history has shown this to be true.

I wouldn't take my [libertarian] position if this weren't so.

For now I'm happy with keeping you on the defensive, but I'm not going to stay quiet and let it go on forever.  Angry

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #47 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
For now I'm happy with keeping you on the defensive, but I'm not going to stay quiet and let it go on forever.  Angry

I'm counting on it!   Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #48 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:32am
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't find any problem with that, but the devil is perhaps in the details. Let's not go there.

That's neither agreement or disagreement.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Aug 10th, 2018 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 10th, 2018 at 7:32am:
That's neither agreement or disagreement.

Sometimes it's the best approach with you. Most of the time you're not prepared to talk about the details in a calm way.

Fwiw boss, there's very little of any relevance regarding the LP agenda on which we can't or don't agree.

The only other two on this forum who are actually showing any interest in the LP are Oppo and the chief. Oppo can't stay straight long enough to engage in a discussion. And the chief is so far off base that his points are just discounted by both of us as irrelevant nonsense.

We can debate whenever you choose to but we should keep the other two baited and on the hook. There are small dribs and drabs of sanity coming out of each of them when they are at their best.

You and I have an interest in furthering the LP agenda or we wouldn't be here. We need to continue to kick the shit out of the bullshit part of it and try to bring about some change that makes sense.

Others are always visiting this forum and reading what is being said. That's indicative of some potential we can build on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Reminder We dont post articles
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy