Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If I don't pay taxes, whose rights am I violating?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If I don't pay taxes, whose rights am I violating? (Read 200 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If I don't pay taxes, whose rights am I violating?
Reply #10 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Exactly! Then 6 minutes later you have to 'go off'?
No. I won't answer.

I will wait for your reply.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Exactly! Then 6 minutes later you have to 'go off'?
Did I mention that nobody wants to talk to you Dick?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 6:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 5:58pm:
Did I mention that nobody wants to talk to you Dick?

Mention it tomorrow before you 'go off' and I'll gladly tell you why all you folks have hurt feelings.

Did I ever mention that I don't really care? Other than I care that I stick in your craws?

I suggest ignoring me and see how that works out for ya for a while. Ask Red, he may want to get an opportunity to discuss his problem?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Mention it tomorrow before you 'go off' and I'll gladly tell you why all you folks have hurt feelings.

I don't have many feelings left Dick, and the one's I do, you can't hurt.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Aug 8th, 2018 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
Dink, are you a libertarian?

Making Sci-Fi great again since 2063.

Not taking Jeff seriously until he admits this is animal abuse (which he says should be illegal): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE-IT7_CaE4

IP Logged

SnarkySack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:43am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
Accepting taxation as a necessary evil that is very dangerous and must be strictly limited doesn't make me an advocate of taxation does it?

Yes, it certainly does.  The fact that you rationalize what you advocate doesn't change the fact that you advocate it.

Especially since you are so dismissive of my ideas to fund needed/wanted government services through voluntary transactions. 

I used to be burnsred . . .

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 11:59am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Aug 8th, 2018 at 10:52pm:
Dink, are you a libertarian?

Absolutely I'm a libertarian. And I'm trying to help make the LP into a viable political force that will be noticed.

You may have noticed that the Chief tells us that the LP is only an ideology and can't be a political force! Maybe you should ask Skychief if he's a libertarian.

You may also want to consider whether your childish nonsense about tigers and hippos on the main section is acting like a libertarian?

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 12:02pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:43am:
Yes, it certainly does.  The fact that you rationalize what you advocate doesn't change the fact that you advocate it.

Especially since you are so dismissive of my ideas to fund needed/wanted government services through voluntary transactions. 

Your attitude is as destructive of the libertarian cause as is Oppo's or the Chief's. Jeff takes a realistic approach on important issues such as taxation and the rest of you just shit on him for doing it. Oppo wants to know who is a libertarian and who isn't.

Let's put it to the test for all of us!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
SnarkySack wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 9:43am:

Fine, I advocate taxation for national defense, police, courts and local schools.

I dismiss your idea that these things can be funded by voluntary donations because it's never happened anywhere, and human nature argues against it ever happening.

Certainly, private schools exist, funded by tuition paid by the parents of students who can afford it, but communities all across America, especially those with large percentages of parents who can't afford to send their children to private schools, have decided that educating all of the children in the community is a goal worth paying taxes to achieve.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #19 - Aug 9th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 9th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
Fine, I advocate taxation for national defense, police, courts and local schools.

I dismiss your idea that these things can be funded by voluntary donations because it's never happened anywhere, and human nature argues against it ever happening.

Certainly, private schools exist, funded by tuition paid by the parents of students who can afford it, but communities all across America, especially those with large percentages of parents who can't afford to send their children to private schools, have decided that educating all of the children in the community is a goal worth paying taxes to achieve.

You're absolutely right about those legitimate taxes are existing. It's an incomplete list though, and so you've only opened the door for Red to kick your ass around the block on your priorities.

Or more correctly, he will think he's kicking your ass when he actually isn't. Red is going to force you into taking illogical libertarian positions that need to be thrown out with the bath water. Don't be afraid to do that.

No sane person can support the LP agenda as it currently stands. I think that maybe Red is trying to make that point too, in a round about way.

Just keep in mind, you and I own the high ground on these issues, and that's always going to put Red in his place.

At least temporarily that is, until somebody digs his proper place?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If I don't pay taxes, whose rights am I violating?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy