Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The World's Most Massive Military Is Getting Bigger In 2020!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The World's Most Massive Military Is Getting Bigger In 2020! (Read 1415 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The World's Most Massive Military Is Getting Bigger In 2020!
Reply #30 - May 18th, 2019 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
Ted Cruz:

"Pirates threaten the open seas, and the same is possible in space. In this same way, I believe we, too, must now recognize the necessity of a space force to defend the nation and to protect space commerce and civil space exploration."

Space pirates.   oh dear.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ADr35Z4TvATIc/giphy.gif

Smiley
Yeah, he should have said enemies of the U.S. are militarizing space, seizing the high ground.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #31 - May 18th, 2019 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 18th, 2019 at 12:26pm:
Ted Cruz:

"Pirates threaten the open seas, and the same is possible in space. In this same way, I believe we, too, must now recognize the necessity of a space force to defend the nation and to protect space commerce and civil space exploration."

Space pirates.   oh dear.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ADr35Z4TvATIc/giphy.gif

Smiley

Um .. he didn't say "space pirates," you did.

I agree with the military analysis that any future conflict will start in space.  Satellites provide endless intelligence.  We will try to take out our enemies satellites and they will try to take out ours as any first battle.

That said, I don't know if it's best a separate force or not.  But this frankly is pretty silly, Cruz was right

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:39pm
Print Post  
Last night, South Bend mayor and 2020 Dem candidate Pete Buttigieg blasted Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham during his Fox News town hall in Claremont, New Hampshire:

"When you’ve got Tucker Carlson saying that immigrants make America dirty - when you’ve got Laura Ingraham comparing detention centers with children in cages to summer camps - there's a reason why anybody has to swallow hard and think twice before participating in this media ecosystem."

“Wow - - a standing ovation.” said stunned (Fox News) host Chris Wallace

https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigieg-slams-tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-fox-...

edit:

I totally effed up and put this post in the wrong thread.  Embarrassed I meant to post it here:

Dozens Of Democrat Candidates Already - Many More To Come

http://www.libertariansforum.com/cgi-bin/freedom/YaBB.pl?num=1549308056

Governments will always devise ways to deprive an honest man of his money or property, and claim that it's legal.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2019 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:39pm:
Last night, South Bend mayor and 2020 Dem candidate Pete Buttigieg blasted Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham during his Fox News town hall in Claremont, New Hampshire:

"When you’ve got Tucker Carlson saying that immigrants make America dirty - when you’ve got Laura Ingraham comparing detention centers with children in cages to summer camps - there's a reason why anybody has to swallow hard and think twice before participating in this media ecosystem."

“Wow - - a standing ovation.” said stunned (Fox News) host Chris Wallace

https://www.newsweek.com/pete-buttigieg-slams-tucker-carlson-laura-ingraham-fox-...

Yes, and of course those quotes are lies.  Democrats know those quotes don't mean what they said, which is why they do the misquote to change the meaning.  If they didn't know it didn't mean what they said, they wouldn't know they need to misquote them

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - May 21st, 2019 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on May 20th, 2019 at 12:49pm:
If they didn't know it didn't mean what they said, they wouldn't know they need to misquote them
Exactly! This applies to all of them!

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - May 24th, 2019 at 5:57pm
Print Post  
Does President Trump believe that the USA Armed Forces must have at least one million aerospace planes given that the USA Armed Forces is practically a military?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - May 27th, 2019 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on May 24th, 2019 at 5:57pm:
Does President Trump believe that the USA Armed Forces must have at least one million aerospace planes given that the USA Armed Forces is practically a military?
I think he Tweeted something to that effect, but as I remember it, it was at least one billion aerospace planes and he's negotiated a volume discount from Boeing and promised them bigger subsidies. Cheesy

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The World's Most Massive Military Is Getting Bigger In 2020!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy