Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Losing in Afghanistan.
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) US Losing in Afghanistan. (Read 252 times)
SicklersDink
Ex Member

US Losing in Afghanistan.
Aug 14th, 2018 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
https://www.rt.com/op-ed/435943-afghanistan-taliban-us-forces/?utm_source=browse...

Like the Vietcong, the Taliban know that waiting it out will be the winning strategy.

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: US Losing in Afghanistan.
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Just the fact that the US has military bases in Afghanistan is proof we are winning.

That's our only mission objective in Afghanistan -  Military presence -  keep the 'War on Terror' alive.   If we can do this, we are winning!

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
Just the fact that the US has military bases in Afghanistan is proof we are winning.

That's our only mission objective in Afghanistan -  Military presence -  keep the 'War on Terror' alive.   If we can do this, we are winning!

It could be a necessary evil, as it was in Vietnam, in order for the Vietnamese people to win their freedom.

My concern is for the people who are slaughtered under US bombs.

But what a strange position you've taken for one who claims to be a libertarian! You've justified that war as necessary because it's the war against terror! I never thought I would hear that out of a libertarian mouth!

I think that I didn't and that's becasue you're not anything resembling a libertarian. Your constant slipups betray your real agenda.  Cheesy

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
But what a strange position you've taken for one who claims to be a libertarian! You've justified that war as necessary because it's the war against terror! I never thought I would hear that out of a libertarian mouth!

I'm only presenting the rationale behind the US  intervention in Afghanistan.  Or the US intervention anywhere, for that matter.

As long as the US is there, The US is winning.  The M.I.C. thrives on intervention.  War is the life-blood of the M.I.C..

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 1:42pm:
I'm only presenting the rationale behind the US  intervention in Afghanistan.  Or the US intervention anywhere, for that matter.

As long as the US is there, The US is winning.  The M.I.C. thrives on intervention.  War is the life-blood of the M.I.C..

In truth you got caught promoting your country's war and it's because of your frustration and your childish attitude toward me kicking your ass around the block all the time.  Cheesy

(laughing man/woman here)

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
Quote:
In truth you got caught promoting your country's war...
He wasn't Thingy.

Now, tell us what rights are possessed by "the whole" and what individual rights must be curtailed in the face of "the rights of the whole".

Just one example, thanks.

IP Logged

SicklersDink
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
He wasn't Thingy.

Now, tell us what rights are possessed by "the whole" and what individual rights must be curtailed in the face of "the rights of the whole".

Just one example, thanks.

Yes he was and he does it continuously and nearly every day. He's reacting to my messages by going all the way over to the extreme far side.

You tell him the same thing as I do boss. Get rid of the crazy 'no taxes' shit and the anarchy shit now. Then he gets cheeky and resentful and starts saying stupid things. This time he walked right into supporting that war.

I have the ability to set him off whenever I want to boss. With you, I don't have that ability but I don't need it because you go off by yourself at 2:30 or 3 p.m. every day.

If you want to call me a troll for what I do to the Chief, I don't mind.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Yes he was and he does it continuously and nearly every day.
The Chief always rails against the U.S. MIC, with very good reasons.

You are a troll, and not a very good one, except that you offer up so many wonderful opportunities, and that makes you fun. Kiss Thanks.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 5:27pm:
The Chief always rails against the U.S. MIC, with very good reasons.

You are a troll, and not a very good one, except that you offer up so many wonderful opportunities, and that makes you fun. Kiss Thanks.

thanks Jeff.

Poor Dink sometimes gets lost is his topsy-turvy delusional world, where up is down, left is right, front is back, etc.... Logical discussion becomes impossible.

I have been consistently anti-war/anti-interrvention and I always will be. 

Rand Paul opposed sending troops to Iraq in 2010, but supported US supplying money/weapons to rebels in Syria (Feb 2015)

Later that year, Paul also voted to arm Kurds to fight against ISIL.

Rand said staying in Afghanistan will not make America safer. (Jul 2011)

So Rand Paul seems to flip-flop a little on US foreign intervention.  He wants to keep US boots out of civil wars, but sometimes supports US supplying funds and weapons...

Which is still intervention in my book.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Aug 14th, 2018 at 8:00pm:
thanks Jeff.

Poor Dink sometimes gets lost is his topsy-turvy delusional world, where up is down, left is right, front is back, etc.... Logical discussion becomes impossible.

I have been consistently anti-war/anti-interrvention and I always will be. 

Rand Paul opposed sending troops to Iraq in 2010, but supported US supplying money/weapons to rebels in Syria (Feb 2015)

Later that year, Paul also voted to arm Kurds to fight against ISIL.

Rand said staying in Afghanistan will not make America safer. (Jul 2011)

So Rand Paul seems to flip-flop a little on US foreign intervention.  He wants to keep US boots out of civil wars, but sometimes supports US supplying funds and weapons...

Which is still intervention in my book.
Yes, Rand is not a pure libertarian.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › US Losing in Afghanistan.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy