Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Return to the Gold Standard
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Return to the Gold Standard (Read 3506 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Return to the Gold Standard
Reply #190 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 4:29pm:
Unless you put most of your savings into cash or equivalents over the 100 years of the Fed's existence, you probably didn't suffer the 95%+ value loss by the dollar.
Savings? What savings?

The value of my earnings keeps decreasing so I have to spend almost all of it just to survive. Every time I get a little saved, I need new tires and the cost of my medical insurance goes up and my car insurance rates go up again and everything I need to live gets more expensive...

What's the sense of "saving" anyway when the bank won't pay interest on the money I have on deposit?

I should also mention how inflation raised everyone who has a job into a tax bracket where the standard exemptions and standard deductions don't cover the cost of keeping yourself and your family alive anymore as they were promised to do. Angry

IP Logged

SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Return to the Gold Standard
Reply #191 - Jan 2nd, 2019 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Jan 2nd, 2019 at 4:29pm:
if we put savings into a mix of gold, silver, and Bitcoin today, we'll probably be OK!

Right.   Smiley     the 3 best investment strategies are; 
1) Diversify 

2) Diversify, and

3) Diversify.

If a person can do just one of these three things, he/she is probably positioned well to survive any economic/market calamity. 

(Never stuff FRNs under the mattress.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Return to the Gold Standard
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy