Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Using Deadly Force to Prevent Theft
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Using Deadly Force to Prevent Theft (Read 3679 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Using Deadly Force to Prevent Theft
Reply #290 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 7:14am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:17pm:
It confuses me that you imply that it is very concrete and not vague at all, but you are unable to answer the simplest questions about it.

Here’s one:

A group of women demand that urinals be installed in all government restrooms, not just those designated for men.  They demand equal protection of their states anti-discrimination laws which specifically ban discrimination by gender.

They sue when a local government refuses this demand. 
They lose, appeal to the state court and lose again.  The USSC agrees to hear their case under the XIV Amendment’s equal protection clause.  Should they win or lose in the USSC?
Why would women want urinals in the Courthouse restrooms?  Why should taxpayers be required to pay for them?

If you're playing the trans game, males who think they are women want to sit down to pee anyway don't they?

Equal protection of the laws isn't the same as equal facilities in restrooms. If everybody gets adequate functional facilities, nobody is being discriminated against.

The best solution I see is to remove the urinals from all the government restrooms as well as removing anything and everything from the women's restrooms that isn't also in the men's restrooms.

It's a foolish use of the equal protection clause in my opinion, absurd even.

"My county government is discriminating against me because they didn't put urinals in the women's restrooms in the County buildings. I have been harmed by the lack of urinals in the women's restrooms."

What judge would entertain this claim of "harm"? If you have a thingy and want to stand up to pee, use the men's restroom.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #291 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 7:14am:
Why would women want urinals in the Courthouse restrooms?

To have equal protection.

Quote:
  Why should taxpayers be required to pay for them?

To avoid denying equal protection.

Quote:
If you're playing the trans game, males who think they are women want to sit down to pee anyway don't they?

I wouldn't know.

Quote:
Equal protection of the laws isn't the same as equal facilities in restrooms. If everybody gets adequate functional facilities, nobody is being discriminated against.

The best solution I see is to remove the urinals from all the government restrooms as well as removing anything and everything from the women's restrooms that isn't also in the men's restrooms.

Ok, so you would side with the complainants in their claim that they are being denied equal protection.

Quote:
It's a foolish use of the equal protection clause in my opinion, absurd even.

"My county government is discriminating against me because they didn't put urinals in the women's restrooms in the County buildings. I have been harmed by the lack of urinals in the women's restrooms."

What judge would entertain this claim of "harm"? If you have a thingy and want to stand up to pee, use the men's restroom.

Really?  So a woman who can pee into a male urinal has a right to use the men's room?

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #292 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 4:24pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 10:36am:
To have equal protection.

To avoid denying equal protection.

Then men are being denied equal protection of the laws because there aren't sanitary napkin dispensers in the men's room at the courthouse?

If you are a man who thinks he is a woman, just give us all a break and use the stall in the men's restroom, where you can either squat or stand in privacy. Thanks.

Black people were denied equal protection of the laws because it was thought that they were inferior or something like that.

Nobody in any government is refusing to provide urinals in the women's restrooms of government buildings because they think transexuals are inferior.

They didn't put urinals in the women's restrooms because women don't use urinals.

It's simply not an issue of discrimination by government that requires a foolish and expensive remedy.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #293 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
Really?  So a woman who can pee into a male urinal has a right to use the men's room?

A right? I don't think so. Public restrooms are provided as a convenience. Nobody has a right to them.

If a woman thinks she is a man, she should cut us all some slack and go in a stall in the women's restroom and pee standing up. It's tricky but it can be done.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #294 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 28th, 2018 at 4:27pm:
A right? I don't think so. Public restrooms are provided as a convenience. Nobody has a right to them.

So, if a government building has separate bathrooms for whites and blacks or no bathrooms for blacks, no one's rights are violated?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #295 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 1:50pm:
So, if a government building has separate bathrooms for whites and blacks or no bathrooms for blacks, no one's rights are violated?

You say that unless every government building in America puts urinals in the ladies rooms, males who think they are women will be denied the equal protection of the law, and governments at all levels should be ordered by the courts to spend money they don't have putting urinals in ladies rooms? And if they don't, some confused male will have it's "right to pee standing up in the ladies room" violated?

Get real. If you are equipped to pee standing up and want to do it, go in the restroom with urinals and use one.

If you prefer to go in a booth in the ladies room and pee standing up, please lift the lid first.

Just don't imagine you are special enough to the rest of us to get special treatment by court orders and have us happy to pay for it for you.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #296 - Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 4:09pm:
You say that unless every government building in America puts urinals in the ladies rooms, males who think they are women will be denied the equal protection of the law, and governments at all levels should be ordered by the courts to spend money they don't have putting urinals in ladies rooms? And if they don't, some confused male will have it's "right to pee standing up in the ladies room" violated?

Get real. If you are equipped to pee standing up and want to do it, go in the restroom with urinals and use one.

If you prefer to go in a booth in the ladies room and pee standing up, please lift the lid first.

Just don't imagine you are special enough to the rest of us to get special treatment by court orders and have us happy to pay for it for you.

Is that a yes or a no to this question:

So, if a government building has separate bathrooms for blacks people and white people, no one’s rights are violated?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #297 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:48am
Print Post  
People who are physically male can't be denied access to the men's room on any grounds I can think of.

If people who are physically male want to pee standing up at a urinal, they can find a urinal in the men's room.

If people who are physically male but think they are women are allowed to use the lady's room and want to pee standing up, they can use a stall and (hopefully) lift the seat.

Men who think they are women are not being denied anything by any laws. There is no law that says urinals must not be installed in women's restrooms. They are not installed because women don't use them and it would be a foolish waste of money and restroom space to install them there.

Men who think they are women, if they are in fact demanding that urinals be installed in women's restrooms by court order are demanding special treatment under the law, not equal treatment.

If they are women, they can sit down to pee in the lady's restrooms, but since they are physically male, they are also free to use the urinals in the men's room.

It is the men who understand that they are men who aren't being treated equally here. If they were, they would also be free to use the women's restrooms or the men's.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #298 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 9:51am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 29th, 2018 at 5:42pm:

Is that a yes or a no to this question:

So, if a government building has separate bathrooms for blacks people and white people, no one’s rights are violated?

It is illegal to separate people in government restrooms by race.

As far as I know, it is not illegal to separate people in government restrooms by sex.

Do you think it should be?

IP Logged

AlayneLeung

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #299 - Nov 30th, 2018 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
I do apologize for my November 6th reply of had that thumbs up icon (I should have used a standard icon instead); when I used that thumbs up icon, I wanted to imply that the shooting death of that former security guard was the only person that was shot at at that latter store at that time and that shooting didn't result of other(s) getting shot at.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Using Deadly Force to Prevent Theft
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy