Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › When has Government Ever Worked?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) When has Government Ever Worked? (Read 7865 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: When has Government Ever Worked?
Reply #190 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:25pm:
I have been, this whole time.

I have been asking why then, is it not okay, for local communities to decide to financially rape the taxpayer for other things, like welfare.
And I keep telling you, apparently not clearly enough, that it is a matter of the one tax expenditure, for schools, benefiting the entire community, and the other, welfare, punishing some for the benefit of others.

The first is a just use of tax revenue, the second is not.

It seems such a clear distinction to me, I have trouble imagining why you can't see it.

I think it's because you are a legalist. I've called you a Pharisee more than once, because you are one.

Unfortunately, Pharisees usually demand that they be given the power to enforce all the rules,
because they can't imagine anything in the world working out well unless Pharisees are carefully monitoring everyone for potential infractions of the rules.

It's an anti-liberty mindset.

Libertarians believe in inherent rights and general equal liberty for everyone, meaning you can do it as long as you respect the rights of others while you do it.

Pharisees like you take the opposite position, that no one is permitted to do anything unless it's first approved by the Pharisees.

I understand you are trying to claim that a brain defect rather than your mental disorder is at fault, but I believe you have even that upside down... It's your sociopathy that makes your disordered mind imagine that it's all the fault of a brain defect.

Have you taken time to read the Kentucky Resolutions?

Can you make sense of them? I doubt that Red will be able to follow what is being said...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #191 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
And I keep telling you, apparently not clearly enough, that it is a matter of the one tax expenditure, for schools, benefiting the entire community, and the other, welfare, punishing some for the benefit of others.

I was punished for the benefit of others by the fact that public school is free and mandatory.

At school, I did not learn anything. I did my learning at home and at the library. This was something like ten hours a day of not only wasted time, but usually severe beatings too.

Jeff wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:38pm:
Libertarians believe in inherent rights and general equal liberty for everyone, meaning you can do it as long as you respect the rights of others while you do it.

Libertarians believe that when you want something that endangers others, it's an absolute right and don't anyone else dare take it away, because rights! But when someone else poses a .00001% risk to you, you get to take it away, because rights.

You get your gun in a residential neighbourhood and I do not get my chicken in a residential neighbourhood, regardless of the fact that guns kill far more people than chickens.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #192 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 4:51pm:
I was punished for the benefit of others by the fact that public school is free and mandatory.

My tender heart is bleeding for you lizard.

Are you making a claim that the public schools destroyed your mirror neurons?

That would be a tort worth lots of restitution if you could prove it, but I think unionized public school teachers have qualified immunity in addition to tenure, so you'll never get the chance to try. Cry

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #193 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
This was something like ten hours a day of not only wasted time, but usually severe beatings too.

I can see that happening if you went to a Catholic school in the '50s-'60s....

Do you think having the Nuns beat you more, and more often would have helped, or are you blaming your brain defect on the beatings?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #194 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
You get your gun in a residential neighbourhood and I do not get my chicken in a residential neighbourhood, regardless of the fact that guns kill far more people than chickens.
There's a technical name for this sort of reasoning... Sophistry? Delusions?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #195 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
Libertarians believe that when you want something that endangers others, it's an absolute right and don't anyone else dare take it away, because rights! But when someone else poses a .00001% risk to you, you get to take it away, because rights.

I sense a lot of frustration here.

My gun poses no threat to you or any of my neighbors.

It is locked, and its ammunition is stored in a separate, secure location.

Your chicken is a potential risk to the neighbors.  Someone's pet fox might want to eat it.  Chickens are notorious for being host to Salmonella bacteria, avian influenza virus (AI), Fowl Pox,  Necrotic Enteritis, et al....       Yuck!! 

Guns = SAFE   Smiley  Smiley

Chickens =  DEATH & DISEASES  Sad  Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #196 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
My gun poses no threat to you or any of my neighbors.

It is locked, and its ammunition is stored in a separate, secure location.

I trust my guns Chief. Some are loaded with chambered rounds ready to go...

They are known to be good guns.

None of them has ever gone rogue, like the lizards chicken did Shocked.

Edit: Don't try to minimize the dangers of rogue chickens. I have personal experience.

Edit 2: I know, some are laughing... But a large flock of rogue chickens will peck anything to death and eat it. The way they go about killing humans is particularly horrible... I still have nightmares about what they did to my little sister...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #197 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:07pm
Print Post  
Say Chief, did you take time to read the Kentucky Resolutions?

I think Red might have been banned for racism...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #198 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
Guns = SAFE   Smiley  Smiley

Chickens =  DEATH & DISEASES  Sad  Smiley

Because all the deaths from guns are actually not caused by guns, you see. But the ~400 deaths a year from Salmonella, most of which are caused by chickens in factory farms? Ban backyard chickens.

I agree that this is how it works. I am only pointing out that it does NOT make people equal. It makes people inequal, and that's the point.

If you want to risk me, it's okay, because rights. If I want to risk you, it's not okay, because rights.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #199 - Oct 7th, 2018 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 6:58pm:
Because all the deaths from guns are actually not caused by guns, you see. But the ~400 deaths a year from Salmonella, most of which are caused by chickens in factory farms? Ban backyard chickens.

I agree that this is how it works. I am only pointing out that it does NOT make people equal. It makes people inequal, and that's the point.

If you want to risk me, it's okay, because rights. If I want to risk you, it's not okay, because rights.
Chickens aren't anything at all like guns lizard.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 35
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › When has Government Ever Worked?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy