Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cop Tases Eleven Year Old Shoplifter. NOT Caught on Body Cam.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Cop Tases Eleven Year Old Shoplifter. NOT Caught on Body Cam. (Read 2799 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Cop Tases Eleven Year Old Shoplifter. NOT Caught on Body Cam.
Reply #210 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 2:38pm:
Ok, so it is just “majority rules”...
How can you imagine I'm talking about pure democracy?

Let's talk more about what happens when there is no government.

Do you know of an example where that has worked well?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #211 - Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:15pm
Print Post  
Red, what was the outcome of the case that prompted your OP?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #212 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:16am
Print Post  
Ok, so it is just “majority rules” but that phrase sticks in your craw?

So by your logic, if a majority of people elect a majority of representatives who say that Jeff’s must allow one room of his house to be used to house homeless people, there’s no violation of Jeff’s rights?

You and the homeless person will live together in peace and freedom?

Bullies can't conceive of the idea that they'll ever be on the receiving end because their whole lives are behaviourally structured to make this situation impossible.

We studied other things.

They studied making absolutely sure they're always in that 51%. They know who and when to back, and when to back out. They know concession in this world is a sign of weakness and a pure disadvantage.

This is the human species, folks, and bullies are the most perfect examples of it.

This is why I think people who want freedom in a world like this are verifiably insane (or socially skilled and constant members of the 51%). No matter how awful a government is, I don't think it can match human chimps constantly falling upon one another and tearing each other limb from limb.

The death toll might be higher with government, but if I'm to be genocided, so be it. I'd rather be gassed than have to live in constant fear of the rest of the human chimps. If the government kills me, it will be fairly quick and clean, and it won't involve a life of constantly looking over my shoulder or being forced to adopt gang mentality to live.

I still support libertarianism because it is right, I just don't understand how anyone would think a Jeff-run world would be cool to live in. You'll have all the same taxes you do now, and the only thing that will change will be that the in-crowd will get more of the rights they want.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #213 - Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
So by your logic, if a majority of people elect a majority of representatives who say that Jeff’s must allow one room of his house to be used to house homeless people, there’s no violation of Jeff’s rights?
That could happen where there were no limits on what the government could do, where individual rights were not protected because there was an assumption that the majority, acting through elected representatives, could do no wrong.

As far as I know, no such government exists in the world today.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #214 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 7:57am:
That could happen where there were no limits on what the government could do, where individual rights were not protected because there was an assumption that the majority, acting through elected representatives, could do no wrong.

As far as I know, no such government exists in the world today.

Except every representative government in the world. 

Post the clause in your own state's constitution or the U.S. constitution that forbids part of your house from being taken for the homeless but not part of your money.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #215 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:38am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 6th, 2018 at 12:16am:
Bullies can't conceive of the idea that they'll ever be on the receiving end because their whole lives are behaviourally structured to make this situation impossible.

We studied other things.

They studied making absolutely sure they're always in that 51%. They know who and when to back, and when to back out. They know concession in this world is a sign of weakness and a pure disadvantage.

This is the human species, folks, and bullies are the most perfect examples of it.

This is why I think people who want freedom in a world like this are verifiably insane (or socially skilled and constant members of the 51%). No matter how awful a government is, I don't think it can match human chimps constantly falling upon one another and tearing each other limb from limb.

The death toll might be higher with government, but if I'm to be genocided, so be it. I'd rather be gassed than have to live in constant fear of the rest of the human chimps. If the government kills me, it will be fairly quick and clean, and it won't involve a life of constantly looking over my shoulder or being forced to adopt gang mentality to live.

I still support libertarianism because it is right, I just don't understand how anyone would think a Jeff-run world would be cool to live in. You'll have all the same taxes you do now, and the only thing that will change will be that the in-crowd will get more of the rights they want.

Jeff about as far from libertarian as Joseph Stalin.

People like Jeff stay in the majority by avoiding any productive work that would generate enough wealth to be taxed.  Sales taxes are the only ones they typically pay, but they pay those out of welfare dollars anyway.  Whatever form of welfare Jeff has been able to "earn" by correctly filling out the paperwork is what he really means to protect with his absurd nonsense about "morally justified theft" to feed the starving kids.

I'm guessing Jeff lived off parents, then student loan and then managed to develop some sort of disability.  Maybe carpel tunnel syndrome from repeatedly typing the same phrases.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #216 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 5th, 2018 at 4:15pm:
Red, what was the outcome of the case that prompted your OP?

Last I read, he was on restricted duty awaiting some kind of hearing. 

These things take forever, literally years, since it's the government.  So by the time it's settled, we probably won't hear anything. 

I'd guess the department will quietly settle with the girls mom, paying taxpayer dollars to the little thief's mom without telling the taxpayers about it.

But, hey!  What business is it of ours?  That's thief versus thief and our role is to pony up and stay out of it, right?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #217 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:50am
Print Post  
PS:

Sorry, Jeff.  I'm smacking you around pretty hard this morning.  I'll give you some breathing room . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #218 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Post the clause in your own state's constitution or the U.S. constitution that forbids part of your house from being taken for the homeless but not part of your money.

You have the whole thing upside down, as almost all "progressives" do.

The Constitution is a document that tells the government what it must do, and enumerates what it is allowed to do.

If it is not granted specific permission and authority by the Constitution, the government can't do it.

On the opposite side of this, people are permitted to do anything they choose, provided they don't violate the rights of others.

This novel idea is called a nation of free people with a limited government.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #219 - Oct 9th, 2018 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 9th, 2018 at 11:44am:
Last I read, he was on restricted duty awaiting some kind of hearing. 

These things take forever, literally years, since it's the government.  So by the time it's settled, we probably won't hear anything. 

I'd guess the department will quietly settle with the girls mom, paying taxpayer dollars to the little thief's mom without telling the taxpayers about it.

But, hey!  What business is it of ours?  That's thief versus thief and our role is to pony up and stay out of it, right?

What our governments and their agents do is most certainly our business.

Legal taxation is not theft.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Cop Tases Eleven Year Old Shoplifter. NOT Caught on Body Cam.
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy