Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Find the Aggression - Part 1
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Find the Aggression - Part 1 (Read 1915 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Find the Aggression - Part 1
Reply #180 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 11:23am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 11:15am:
So you're more dangerous to me than I am to you, according to your logic, because aggression correlates so strongly with the inverse of intelligence.

If you say so. Kiss

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #181 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 11:29am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
So do black people. So what?
Let's go back to the single parent child, of any color... They are more likely to commit crimes, and the correlation is stronger than for that with race or poverty.

Anyway, here's what defines a sociopath like you-

Sociopath Symptoms According to DSM IV
According to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, antisocial personality disorder can be suspected in presence of three or more of the following characteristics:

failure to conform to social norms,
    deceitfulness, manipulativeness,
    impulsivity,
    aggressiveness, irritability,
    disregard for the safety of self or others,
    irresponsibility,
    lack of remorse after having hurt or mistreated another person.

That means that you, by your own self definition, are more likely to be aggressive than is Mother Teresa or the average black person for that matter.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #182 - Oct 16th, 2018 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 11:23am:
If you say so. Kiss

This is how you react to someone else pulling out statistics that say you're more dangerous. Why should anyone else entertain your bullshit?

Jeff wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 11:29am:
Let's go back to the single parent child, of any color... They are more likely to commit crimes, and the correlation is stronger than for that with race or poverty.

Anyway, here's what defines a sociopath like you-

Sociopath Symptoms According to DSM IV
According to Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, antisocial personality disorder can be suspected in presence of three or more of the following characteristics:

failure to conform to social norms,
    deceitfulness, manipulativeness,
    impulsivity,
    aggressiveness, irritability,
    disregard for the safety of self or others,
    irresponsibility,
    lack of remorse after having hurt or mistreated another person.

That means that you, by your own self definition, are more likely to be aggressive than is Mother Teresa or the average black person for that matter.

No, it doesn't. Any of those traits associated with aggression, I tightly control. From where I sit, you're more likely to aggress because you don't have to practice that control every day.

I spent years training myself to consider others equally to myself, and I do. If someone demands I consider others before myself, then I demand to know why. So far no one has come up with a good answer.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #183 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:36am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 10:16pm:
This is how you react to someone else pulling out statistics that say you're more dangerous.
You have statistics that prove that people who are less smart are more dangerous?

Let's see them, thanks.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #184 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:40am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 16th, 2018 at 10:16pm:
Any of those traits associated with aggression, I tightly control.
Inevitably, having to control your aggressive tendencies is causing aggressive feelings to build up behind the mental dam you've created... That's where the real danger lies, when your tight control enters a feedback loop of rage at having to contain and hide your true nature. and the dam bursts. Ask Red. Mind scientists have that sort of thing figured out. Smiley

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #185 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:36am:
You have statistics that prove that people who are less smart are more dangerous?

Let's see them, thanks.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201006/why...

http://law.jrank.org/pages/1365/Intelligence-Crime-Explaining-IQ-crime-correlati...

I find it amusing that the only articles I can find are trying to explain the inverse relationship, not prove it. You routinely ask people to prove the sky is blue.

The point is, when you use things other people do to inculcate the idea that people who have some traits in common with them are somehow responsible, you can pretty much make anyone responsible for anything.

Only blame me for things I actually do, please and thanks.

Jeff wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 6:40am:
Inevitably, having to control your aggressive tendencies is causing aggressive feelings to build up behind the mental dam you've created... That's where the real danger lies, when your tight control enters a feedback loop of rage at having to contain and hide your true nature. and the dam bursts. Ask Red. Mind scientists have that sort of thing figured out. Smiley

Actually, it's well-known that catharsis increases emotions and developing a pattern of behaviour involving not acting on them solidifies that pattern of behaviour. Your "dam bursting" crap is a Human myth that is totally unsupported by empirical evidence, even on your own filthy, elephant-infested planet, and you should feel bad for perpetuating it.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #186 - Oct 17th, 2018 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 17th, 2018 at 10:36am:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/201006/why...

http://law.jrank.org/pages/1365/Intelligence-Crime-Explaining-IQ-crime-correlati...

I find it amusing that the only articles I can find are trying to explain the inverse relationship, not prove it. You routinely ask people to prove the sky is blue.

The point is, when you use things other people do to inculcate the idea that people who have some traits in common with them are somehow responsible, you can pretty much make anyone responsible for anything.

Only blame me for things I actually do, please and thanks.

Actually, it's well-known that catharsis increases emotions and developing a pattern of behaviour involving not acting on them solidifies that pattern of behaviour. Your "dam bursting" crap is a Human myth that is totally unsupported by empirical evidence, even on your own filthy, elephant-infested planet, and you should feel bad for perpetuating it.
I'll have you know I have never perpetrated a planet. I never even fantasized about it.

IP Logged

Josh

Stop looking at me like
that, you pervert.

Reply #187 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 7:15pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 13th, 2018 at 9:06pm:
Actually you're wrong. Since owning a fox, tiger, chicken (etc.) is not a right, and in fact an illegitimate positive "right" that actually violates the rights of others, it was the fox owner who aggressed, by owning the fox.

Property rights are positive rights?

I like big butts and I cannot lie.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #188 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 7:16pm
Print Post  
Josh wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 7:15pm:
No, it's a natural right. I'm positive of that!

It's easily explained by one of those "state of nature" thought experiments. You probably know all about it.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #189 - Oct 25th, 2018 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Josh wrote on Oct 25th, 2018 at 7:15pm:

If it's to something dangerous, like a chicken, yes.

If it's to something harmless, like a gun, then no.

SkyChief wrote on Oct 7th, 2018 at 5:18pm:
I sense a lot of frustration here.

My gun poses no threat to you or any of my neighbors.

It is locked, and its ammunition is stored in a separate, secure location.

Your chicken is a potential risk to the neighbors.  Someone's pet fox might want to eat it.  Chickens are notorious for being host to Salmonella bacteria, avian influenza virus (AI), Fowl Pox,  Necrotic Enteritis, et al....       Yuck!! 

Guns = SAFE   Smiley  Smiley

Chickens =  DEATH & DISEASES  Sad  Smiley

Jeff wrote on Jul 4th, 2014 at 8:37am:
I raise chickens. If you want to buy one, I'll sell it to you. If you steal one, I'll file a complaint and have you arrested.
I don't raise my chickens in a residential neighborhood. If I did, they would constitute a nuisance and possibly a health hazard, and my neighbors would file complaints against me.

RubyHypatia wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Opp, yes it does matter what a gun or a dog or a tiger is good for.  There's a reason tigers are outlawed as pets, while dogs are not.  And there's a reason we're allowed to own guns.  The benefit of owning a tiger isn't worth the risk.  There is no benefit to owning a tiger like there is to owning a dog or gun.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Find the Aggression - Part 1
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy