Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › I'm giving away "free" shotguns to women in Illinois
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) I'm giving away "free" shotguns to women in Illinois (Read 133 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: I'm giving away "free" shotguns to women in Illinois
Reply #10 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:52pm
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
i feal that what tycap is doing a good thing
Fine. Send him money to buy more shotguns.

Ask him for audited proof of all the expenses of his activism and the identities of people he thought were deserving of having free shotguns.

Maybe he'll connect all of us to that information.

Probably not.

IP Logged

TYCapitalism
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 10:58am
Print Post  
thermf5 wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:46pm:
i feal that what tycap is doing a good thing i would perfure every one to have a gun there is nonthing wroung with killing in self defense

I don't think Jeff is an activist, actually.

I've been involved in gun activism since just before I got out of the Navy. I believe in taking practical and concrete steps to support my agenda. I have helped personally 4 women become gun owners and back during my stint with the Armed Citizen Project contributed to the arming of over two dozen women.

I think more gun owners is a good thing, so I do what I can to make more gun owners.

I'm also unpaid for my work, I rely completely on donation and self-donations. I have a full-time job, go to school full-time (albeit online) and am raising a family.

If the Right had paid fundraisers like the Left does, we'd be in a lot better position to make changes from bottom up.

Help me buy shotguns for women.
https://www.help50.org/donate
IP Logged

TYCapitalism
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 11:04am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 6:52pm:
Fine. Send him money to buy more shotguns.

Ask him for audited proof of all the expenses of his activism and the identities of people he thought were deserving of having free shotguns.

Maybe he'll connect all of us to that information.

Probably not.

You can see video and photographic proof of the ladies who have already received shotguns. Their first names are available, but I would prefer to keep their full names private as I don't want them targeted.

I keep my receipts and at the end of the year I will release my full budget. Since I'm not a non-profit I don't have the same kinds of operating costs. Outside of the website which was about $100 for two years, I have spent every dime on helping women apply for Firearm Owern ID cards (FOID), the purchasing of 20 gauge shotguns, ammunition, carrying bag, and paid training that will count 4 hours towards a concealed carry license.

As I said, I keep my receipts. If someone suspects me of committing fraud I bet it'd be easy to see.

Jeff, you come off a bit like a bureaucrat. I'm big on action and principle, but you seem really big on creating friction to prevent action. Do I have you wrong?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
I have other things to do, and like I said, people around here who want guns already have them.

Just for information, I'm a life member of both the 2nd Amendment Foundation and the NRA and I vote against anyone who want's to restrict gun ownership.

IP Logged

TYCapitalism
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:19pm:
I have other things to do, and like I said, people around here who want guns already have them.

Just for information, I'm a life member of both the 2nd Amendment Foundation and the NRA and I vote against anyone who want's to restrict gun ownership.

So you lied about being an activist. OK.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
TYCapitalism wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 2:24pm:
So you lied about being an activist.
If donating money to the 2nd Amendment Foundation and the NRA makes me an activist, then I am an activist. I also give money to the Cato Institute, the Reason Foundation and the NRTW.

IP Logged

TYCapitalism
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 3:00pm:
If donating money to the 2nd Amendment Foundation and the NRA makes me an activist, then I am an activist. I also give money to the Cato Institute, the Reason Foundation and the NRTW.

It does if you support "strong actions" such as this definition mentions, I guess.

I act. So I consider myself an activist. Giving guns away in the state of Illinois is as much as I can do to counter their unconstitutional legislative policies and still remain within the law.

"one who advocates or practices activism : a person who uses or supports strong actions (such as public protests) in support of or opposition to one side of a controversial issue Antiwar activists were protesting in the streets. an environmental activist political activists"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Sep 12th, 2018 at 5:26pm
Print Post  
TYCapitalism wrote on Sep 12th, 2018 at 4:02pm:
It does if you support "strong actions" such as this definition mentions, I guess.

I consider using the law to preserve individual liberties and rights to be a very strong action.

Call me a legal activist I guess.

I strongly oppose acting outside the law. Rioting in the streets and looting and burning and murdering are particularly abhorrent to me, especially if they are claimed to be making things better through "social activism".

IP Logged

TYCapitalism
Libertarian Full Member

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Sep 14th, 2018 at 8:53am
Print Post  
If anyone is interested in running an Armed Citizen Project in their area, please feel free to reach out to me via PM.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › I'm giving away "free" shotguns to women in Illinois
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy