Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Police Officer Shoots Man in His Own Apartment
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Police Officer Shoots Man in His Own Apartment (Read 48 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Police Officer Shoots Man in His Own Apartment
Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:12pm
Print Post  
CNN.com

Sorry, I’m on a tablet and I can’t cut and paste.  Surely, you’ve heard the story.

Where’s the breakdown? 

Government.

Anyone can make a mistake, especially after a few drinks.  The problem here lies with encouraging police officers to carry their weapons when off-duty.  They should be issued department weapons and turn them in to the armorer at the end of the day. 

If they want to carry a private weapon off duty, that should be the same right as any other citizen.  Requiring or “strongly encouraging” them to is an invitation to just such a disaster. 

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Police Officer Shoots Man in His Own Apartment
Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Sep 11th, 2018 at 5:12pm:
CNN.com

Sorry, I’m on a tablet and I can’t cut and paste.  Surely, you’ve heard the story.

Where’s the breakdown? 

Government.

Anyone can make a mistake, especially after a few drinks.  The problem here lies with encouraging police officers to carry their weapons when off-duty.  They should be issued department weapons and turn them in to the armorer at the end of the day. 

If they want to carry a private weapon off duty, that should be the same right as any other citizen.  Requiring or “strongly encouraging” them to is an invitation to just such a disaster. 

Get back to us when you can post a link.

People do stupid things. We know that.

I encourage everyone who feels the need to carry a gun, after learning how to use it safely.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Police Officer Shoots Man in His Own Apartment
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy