Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If You Support Mandatory Insurance...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If You Support Mandatory Insurance... (Read 3983 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If You Support Mandatory Insurance...
Reply #250 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 1:59pm:
Yes, those quotes prove you're a liar.  I never said the roads are owned by the government as you keep stating.

And I never said you did say the government owned roads! I said the government owned roads. (Admittedly, I said so because that was what I believed you thought.)

I also said that if Jeff wants to have a debate about the exact level to which government owns roads, he should debate with you. You'll distract and refuse to give specifics and say I misquote you, but you won't dare do it to Jeff.

kaz wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 1:59pm:
Why do I give a shit what you found on a link on the Internet again?

Because the government does in fact own roads. If you think they shouldn't, that's another matter.

Again, I never said you did say government owned them. I said government owned them, and it does, factually.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #251 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
Perhaps you can give me some help for what I should put in these parentheses, instead.

The Opposition wrote on Mar 2nd, 2019 at 5:38pm:
No, they're not. They're public property. (But the government owns them), so they can regulate them however they choose.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #252 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 3:57pm:
(Admittedly, I said so because that was what I believed you thought.)

You should try to think for yourself.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #253 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
I also said that if Jeff wants to have a debate about the exact level to which government owns roads
I made my position clear, we own the roads we pay the government to build and maintain for us to use.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #254 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:00pm:
You should try to think for yourself.

I've tried that. If I say the sky is blue, you refute that easily.

If I say it's not blue, you refute that just as easily.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #255 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Because the government does in fact own roads.
No. Government's don't own roads, Neither do they own all the "federal lands" around the country.

When "progressive" statists get control of governments, they start claiming all sorts of things for themselves. They even use tax revenue to buy more things that they then claim to own. Cry Cry Cry

I can see why you fall for it, being a total statist as you are.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #256 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:07pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 4:01pm:
I've tried that. If I say the sky is blue, you refute that easily.

If I say it's not blue, you refute that just as easily.
Sometimes the sky is blue... Sometimes it isn't.

What's your point?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #257 - Mar 3rd, 2019 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
And I never said you did say the government owned roads! I said the government owned roads. (Admittedly, I said so because that was what I believed you thought.)

I also said that if Jeff wants to have a debate about the exact level to which government owns roads, he should debate with you. You'll distract and refuse to give specifics and say I misquote you, but you won't dare do it to Jeff.

Because the government does in fact own roads. If you think they shouldn't, that's another matter.

Again, I never said you did say government owned them. I said government owned them, and it does, factually.

What I disagreed with was the connotation where you made it sound like I'm saying that they are government's roads and they can do anything they want with them. Not what I said, the government is accounable to the people for the rules they create.  And that one is virtually universally supported.  That is the lie, the connotation.

If you're a genius and you read everything I say, why do I need to keep explaining that to you?

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #258 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 9:24am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 1:42pm:
What about pedestrian insurance for government sidewalks? Someone might step on my foot and crush my toe, and we need mandatory insurance to protect the innocent, right?

Sure.  Now convince the people to support that.

So when I joined the board, I wrote serious posts to you and you responded with stupid crap.  Fine, so I insulted you for writing stupid crap.

You came back and were like see, kaz, I want to write serious posts and you don't.  I asked why you didn't then and got no answer.  But I was like sure, I'd rather be serious.  So I started writing serious posts and repeatedly telling you I have faith in you, at least more than Jeff and burnsred.  You kept writing stupid crap.

So then I came back to you and said WTF, you're still writing stupid crap.  You told me you don't trust me.   You think I'll go back to insulting you if you write serious and so you're just going to keep writing stupid crap until you trust me.

So your standard for yourself.  You can write stupid crap for anyone who joins the board, anyone who joins the board and tries to write seriously, anyone you make a deal with not to write stupid crap.  That's fine.  You get to wait until someone PROVES to you that they will continue to write serious despite your writing endless stupid shit.

For me, I'm expected to vigilantly write serious posts to your stupid crap for an indefinite period of time until you finally trust I won't start insulting you.  Then and only then will you not write stupid crap to me.

Can you spell "hypocrisy?"

And who would possibly believe you that you have all this serious content you're loathe to give away at this point?  You're just making excuses for all the stupid shit you write

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #259 - Mar 4th, 2019 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 1:42pm:
What about pedestrian insurance for government sidewalks? Someone might step on my foot and crush my toe, and we need mandatory insurance to protect the innocent, right?
That makes as much sense as mandatory auto insurance.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If You Support Mandatory Insurance...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy