Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If You Support Mandatory Insurance...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If You Support Mandatory Insurance... (Read 3982 times)
AlayneLeung
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If You Support Mandatory Insurance...
Reply #270 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:43pm
Print Post  
Um, kaz, does the Constitution allow for Congress to regulate behaviors, that may or may not occur, on all federal property including all federal interstates? How so xor how not so? Thoroughly summarize your answer.

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #271 - Mar 8th, 2019 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
AlayneLeung wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 12:43pm:
Um, kaz, does the Constitution allow for Congress to regulate behaviors, that may or may not occur, on all federal property including all federal interstates? How so xor how not so? Thoroughly summarize your answer.

Nowhere in anything that I wrote did I say that the "Federal" government can regulate the roads.  And mandatory insurance are State laws, not Federal

#next

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #272 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:50am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:51am:
Also, you haven't explained your arbitrary standards that government can regulate some aspects of roads and not others.  They can prevent for example children and the blind from driving, but they can't regulate insurance.  Based on what standard? 
I see a large difference between laws saying you can't do something and laws saying you must do something.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #273 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:53am
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 8:51am:
The only people it benefits to not have mandatory insurance are people who have no assets or income to protect from a lawsuit
Would you support mandatory homeowners/renters insurance to protect people from being robbed by thieves with no assets?

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #274 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Quote:
Also, you haven't explained your arbitrary standards that government can regulate some aspects of roads and not others.  They can prevent for example children and the blind from driving, but they can't regulate insurance.  Based on what standard?

Jeff wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:50am:
I see a large difference between laws saying you can't do something and laws saying you must do something.

If you would only think about the stupid shit you say before you click. So here you are, dumb ass.

Quote:
Also, you haven't explained your arbitrary standards that government can regulate some aspects of roads and not others.  They can force you to stop at red lights and get a drivers license, but they can't regulate insurance.  Based on what standard?

Idiot

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #275 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 8:30am:
If you would only think about the stupid shit you say before you click. So here you are, dumb ass.

Idiot
When you first joined this conversation, back in reply #95, you said this:

"But ceding the power to build roads to government includes regulating their use.  No one is required to buy insurance unless they drive on government roads.  A power we ceded to government."

I understood that to mean you approved of government mandated car insurance.

Edit: The next time you actually addressed the issue was in reply #207, when you said this:

"You said that government doesn't have the right to force you to buy insurance.  I said it's government roads."

In your reply #247 you said this:

"In a different context, "owned" by government would be reasonable.  But you're specifically using it in a way to say the people have no say.  I'm saying the people do have a say, and no one is opposing mandatory insurance but you."

You've never said anything to lead anyone to believe anything other than that you believe governments have the power to mandate the purchase of car insurance.

Edit: BTW, don't quote me as saying things I did not say.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If You Support Mandatory Insurance...
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy