Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Coming to My Town: Robot Brothels!
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Coming to My Town: Robot Brothels! (Read 492 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Coming to My Town: Robot Brothels!
Reply #30 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 9:14pm:
If you notice me acting tribal, I'd be happy for you to offer constructive criticism.  That's absolutely the root of many evils.

You're right; I can't recall that you have. It was my mistake.

Perhaps I made it because I think of you as an outsider, like myself. You, also, are trying to measure the electrons, rather than being one of them.

Just out of curiosity, what would your reaction be if a Timelord invited you to a banquet at the End of Time with some of Earth's greatest historical figures and Hitler was going to be there?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #31 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:53am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 12:26am:
You're right; I can't recall that you have. It was my mistake.

Perhaps I made it because I think of you as an outsider, like myself. You, also, are trying to measure the electrons, rather than being one of them.

You just hit on Reds tribalism lizard, he thinks of himself as one of the elite, a mind scientist who knows the answers.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #32 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:56am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 9:08pm:
I guess if that's the community's standard, expressed though its elected representatives, the would-be beauticians will just have to meet the standards and pony up the fees. 

In fact it's typical legislation to protect a favored group, probably favored because the lobbyists from their professional association showed the legislators a good time and donated to their campaigns.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #33 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 14th, 2018 at 9:14pm:
I think that church and organized crime work hand in hand with the churches being unwitting partners in the profit making of the gangsters.

Yay, democracy!
You are talking about the classic "Baptist  and the bootlegger" scenario of course, but it was never (and isn't) a cooperative effort, it's just two different constituencies with very different programs that end up producing an outcome that only one wants.

In order for it to work, the lawmakers have to actually be profiting from the organized crime, unless they are ignorant of economics and fail to see that banning alcohol helps the bootleggers...

Far more likely than churches working with organized crime is legislators working with organized crime.

Yes, as you indicate, our system of government has become too "democratic".

We should talk more about that...

If our government is "democratic", we should have a balanced budget amendment in the Constitution, right? But it's actually not "democratic". It's only that the elite lawmakers claim to be acting 'in the name of the people' when they enact whatever laws the elite think are best for them and the bootleggers.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #34 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 8:06am:
You are talking about the classic "Baptist  and the bootlegger" scenario of course, but it was never (and isn't) a cooperative effort, it's just two different constituencies with very different programs that end up producing an outcome that only one wants.

In order for it to work, the lawmakers have to actually be profiting from the organized crime, unless they are ignorant of economics and fail to see that banning alcohol helps the bootleggers...

They don't necessarily have to be on the payroll of organized crime to ban the rental of sex dolls.  They could be, but they could also be motivated by their idiotic religious or feminist constituents who love to force their idea of right and wrong on other people.  The vote of an idiot counts just as much as smart people. 

Quote:
Far more likely than churches working with organized crime is legislators working with organized crime.

I don't believe churches are working with organized crime.  That's why I said the churches are "unwitting."

Quote:
Yes, as you indicate, our system of government has become too "democratic".

We should talk more about that...

If our government is "democratic", we should have a balanced budget amendment in the Constitution, right? But it's actually not "democratic". It's only that the elite lawmakers claim to be acting 'in the name of the people' when they enact whatever laws the elite think are best for them and the bootleggers.

Democracy is the key roadblock to a balanced budget and a balanced budget amendment.  How are politicians in a democracy going to balance a budget whens they are afraid to cut spending for fear of losing votes and afraid to raise taxes for the same reason.

If the "community" decides that they have a right to spend, spend, spend and saddle their grandchildren with the bill, that's democracy in action.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #35 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 10:38am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:53am:
You just hit on Reds tribalism lizard, he thinks of himself as one of the elite, a mind scientist who knows the answers.

No, I didn't. I admitted I was wrong.

You're very hostile and you project loads of ill intent onto to anyone you associate with knowledge or intellect.

No one is trying to scam you out of your beliefs. It's just that when you argue for the Rule of Man over the Rule of Law (these constant smell tests and non-absolutes), no one is going to go for it unless the Man is fair, and it's you who has demonstrated your inability to be.

People want absolutes because they want to know if the thing they're about to do is okay or not, before they do it, and for it to be the same for anyone thinking about engaging in the same act. That's not a lot to ask.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #36 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 1:21pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 7:56am:
In fact it's typical legislation to protect a favored group, probably favored because the lobbyists from their professional association showed the legislators a good time and donated to their campaigns.

Maybe those beauticians frosted the lawmakers’ tips for them.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #37 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 8:48am:
They don't necessarily have to be on the payroll of organized crime to ban the rental of sex dolls.  They could be, but they could also be motivated by their idiotic religious or feminist constituents who love to force their idea of right and wrong on other people.
And you think this is happening where?

In America today?

I can see it, but it's not driven by the religious feminist idiots that you imagine.

We have a very crony system of essentially unlimited government right now. The idiots have opposed it all along.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #38 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 6:44pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 10:38am:
You're very hostile and you project loads of ill intent onto to anyone you associate with knowledge or intellect.

That's another assertion that you can't back up.

The problem I see is that you are confused in thinking that I associate either you or Red with knowledge or intellect.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #39 - Oct 15th, 2018 at 11:11pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 15th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
That's another assertion that you can't back up.

Only as much as me asserting that the sky is blue.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Coming to My Town: Robot Brothels!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy