Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Hard to Sympathize with Kavanaugh
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Hard to Sympathize with Kavanaugh (Read 1188 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Hard to Sympathize with Kavanaugh
Sep 27th, 2018 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
He's literally crying over being falsely accused of a sex crime that no reasonable person believe happened. 

He's been a long time judge in a legal system in which any accusation of sexual impropriety is treated as if it is true until the accused can somehow prove his innocence.  He's never spoken out about that and in fact, was part of the team charging after Bill Clinton for getting a blow job from a fat chick. 

Unfortunately for the men who have been prosecuted under Kavanaugh's system of "justice," such accusations are not always so blatantly political and obviously contrived.  Nor do the overwhelming majority of accused men have an entire political party and a major cable news network coming out in support of them.  Most men face the prospect of a sudden accusation with no presumption of innocence but rather an implied obligation to explain why anyone would lie about something like that.

I wonder how his own petard feels to him now. 

From his tears, it appears that the prospect that he may someday be tried by a jury of his peers does not alleviate his fears.  Maybe he's remembering the tricks his fellow lawyers used to pull in order to play on the emotions of jurors rather than the facts to obtain convictions. 

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Hard to Sympathize with Kavanaugh
Reply #1 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
He's literally crying over being falsely accused of a sex crime that no reasonable person believe happened. 

He's been a long time judge in a legal system in which any accusation of sexual impropriety is treated as if it is true until the accused can somehow prove his innocence.
No. Kavanaugh has not been part of that.

What you describe is a creation of tribal minded "progressives".

Kavanaugh is not one of them, which is why they are slandering him just like you are. Angry

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 3:50pm:
...in fact, was part of the team charging after Bill Clinton for getting a blow job from a fat chick. 
I think lying under oath and lying to the American people were slick Willy's worst crimes, unless he was involved in Hillary's Whitewater and cattle futures scams... Shocked

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 4:32pm:
No. Kavanaugh has not been part of that.

What you describe is a creation of tribal minded "progressives".

Kavanaugh is not one of them, which is why they are slandering him just like you are. Angry

Name one single quote in which Kavanaugh ever deplored the system that allows a man’s life to be ruined by an unsupported allegation as long as that accusation is of sexual misconduct.

A quote from before it happened to him, I mean.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 4:54pm:
I think lying under oath and lying to the American people were slick Willy's worst crimes, unless he was involved in Hillary's Whitewater and cattle futures scams... Shocked

He lied under oath about something he never should have been asked about in the first place.  Judge Kavanaugh was one of the leaders of that sleazy entrapment.

Bill Clinton is one of my least favorite statists and that says a lot.  But his sex life never was and never will be anyone’s business but his. 

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 4:57pm:
Name one single quote in which Kavanaugh ever deplored the system that allows a man’s life to be ruined by an unsupported allegation as long as that accusation is of sexual misconduct.

You say Kavanaugh is guilty until he provides evidence that he deplored things he never did? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I say you have to provide a case citation where Judge Kavanaugh argued that men are guilty when accused until they prove their innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's what you allege, that Kavanaugh has been a part of such travesties of justice.

Cite just one case.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
You say Kavanaugh is guilty until he provides evidence that he deplores things he never did? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I say he’s guilty of furthering a system in which thousands of other men have been damned without evidence.  The same thing that’s happened to him.  I said it is hard to sympathize with Kavanaugh and it is.  Luckily,  I am not afraid of difficult moral judgements so I do sympathize.

But I also recognize his own agency in furthering the system that he is now being victimized by.

Quote:
I say you have to provide a case citation where Kavanaugh argued that men are guilty when accused until they prove their innocence beyond a reasonable doubt.

That's what you allege, that Kavanaugh has been a part of such travesties of justice.

Cite just one case.

The entire STAR report which he largely authored was based on that premise.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
I just read that Judge K. Asked that the senate judge him by the same standard that they would want their “father, son, husband or brother to be judged by.”

Would he have wanted his male relatives’ booty calls to be pressured to wear a wire to entrap them as was done by his team to Bill Clinton?

I think not . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm:
I say he’s guilty of furthering a system in which thousands of other men have been damned without evidence.
Prove it. Cite a case where Judge Kavanaugh supported such travesties.

If you cannot, you are guilty of what you accuse him of.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Sep 28th, 2018 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Sep 27th, 2018 at 5:41pm:
Prove it. Cite a case where Judge Kavanaugh supported such travesties.

If you cannot, you are guilty of what you accuse him of.

Are all Nazis bad? Like, literal members of the literal Nazi Party.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Hard to Sympathize with Kavanaugh
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy