Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Police Come to Arrest me for a Crime I know I Never Committed . . .
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) If Police Come to Arrest me for a Crime I know I Never Committed . . . (Read 867 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: If Police Come to Arrest me for a Crime I know I Never Committed . . .
Reply #80 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:04pm:
Of course it is, and you can choose to do it within the law or outside the law.

It seems you choose to do it outside the law. Tsk tsk.

There is no legal way to defend myself from an arrest if there is a warrant for my arrest, no matter how innocent I am.

I can legally defend myself from an indictment, a bail denial, and from a sentence, but the arrest itself if my destiny unless I choose my freedom and safety over blind obedience to the law.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #81 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:17pm:
There is no legal way to defend myself from an arrest if there is a warrant for my arrest, no matter how innocent I am.

I can legally defend myself from an indictment, a bail denial, and from a sentence, but the arrest itself if my destiny unless I choose my freedom and safety over blind obedience to the law.

If you are not the person named by the warrant, that's pretty easy to prove. If you are arrested without adequate cause, you aren't likely to be indicted.

Do what you think is right for you. Kidnap the police who come to arrest you if you think it will help.

One of the reasons police are so trigger happy when approaching people to arrest them is because of people like you.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #82 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:29pm:
If you are not the person named by the warrant, that's pretty easy to prove. If you are arrested without adequate cause, you aren't likely to be indicted.

Do what you think is right for you. Kidnap the police who come to arrest you if you think it will help.

One of the reasons police are so trigger happy when approaching people to arrest them is because of people like you.

You mean like this guy?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/12/08/graphic-video-show...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #83 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:40pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:03pm:
That's not even clever.

Yes it is.

It shows where you think their power comes from: Nowhere. You honestly believe that a bunch of people getting together and hiring Bo to go out and arrest Jim makes it right, even if they have no evidence.

What you actually believe is that might makes right. That's why this magic happens with very many people, but not too few. Jim can't stop that many people anyway, so if they all think he smells bad or whatever, let the many punish him however they wish.

I want to have a vote. I say we make Skychief president of our discourse on the forum. We're all still subject to the actual mod of course, but I propose that we grant Skychief the power to police us. Burnsy, do you agree that Skychief should be the forum president?

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #84 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 3:48pm:
Miscarriages of justice occur, not all police do what they are supposed to do, prosecutors and judges are not always fair and impartial as they are required to be...

Choose for yourself what you want to do if the police show up at your home.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #85 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:01am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:40pm:
It shows where you think their power comes from: Nowhere. You honestly believe that a bunch of people getting together and hiring Bo to go out and arrest Jim makes it right, even if they have no evidence.

That's what I keep telling the Sack will consistently happen under his system of private police and private courts.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #86 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:20am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:40pm:
Yes it is.

What you actually believe is that might makes right. That's why this magic happens with very many people, but not too few. Jim can't stop that many people anyway, so if they all think he smells bad or whatever, let the many punish him however they wish.

I want to have a vote. I say we make Skychief president of our discourse on the forum. We're all still subject to the actual mod of course, but I propose that we grant Skychief the power to police us. Burnsy, do you agree that Skychief should be the forum president?

Yes, I sure do.  Cast my vote for skychief.  There are those among us who are in severe need of policing.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #87 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:23am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:58am:
Miscarriages of justice occur,

Yes, under statism or libertarianism.

My duty as a free human is to make sure they don’t happen to me and my family, not to passively accept them.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #88 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:45am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:20am:
Yes, I sure do.  Cast my vote for skychief.  There are those among us who are in severe need of policing.

You think to use democracy to deprive the forum owner of his/her right to police his/her own forum?

How democratic of you.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #89 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:48am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:23am:
Yes, under statism or libertarianism.

My duty as a free human is to make sure they don’t happen to me and my family, not to passively accept them.
When you devise a perfect system of justice that will be administered perfectly by humans, don't forget that you will need perfect humans to do it. Smiley

In the meantime, yes, you are free to make your own decisions on how you will respond if police show up at your home.

Edit: If the police in your area have been following this conversation, and they are sent to arrest you, expect them to send the SWAT team at 3:00 AM, with flash bangs, body armor and full auto rifles and blow down your doors with explosives because they already know you have chosen to meet them with guns. Shocked

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › If Police Come to Arrest me for a Crime I know I Never Committed . . .
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy