Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Geolibertarianism - Opinions from Intelligent Posters?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Geolibertarianism - Opinions from Intelligent Posters? (Read 215 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Geolibertarianism - Opinions from Intelligent Posters?
Reply #20 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 8:50am:
I've noticed you like to use lies to try to make your points.

Should I post the official APA symptoms of your self diagnosed mental disorder/personality defect again, or do remember that it includes lying?

It's not a lie. If I crossed out the word government in Burnsy's post that you quoted, and put businesses, you could have posted the same thing and it would have been a knockdown refutal of capitalism.

It just goes to show that your refutations are fungible. They're composed of mostly ridicule and apply as well to one thing as another. You're like Don; you just turn the flamethrower on whatever you please. Of course you win - you have a flamethrower. But I can demonstrate that if you turned it on something else, that thing would just burn up, too.

Jeff wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 8:49am:
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 19th, 2018 at 8:42am:
Sure.  By restricting business revenues to only what they can convince people to pay to rent the land.

You haven't even the faintest idea of how monopolies enforced by law work do you?

If the law says I own all the land, I can charge whatever I want to lease it to whoever I choose, or not. I don't have to convince potential leasers of anything, I just choose who I want to lease to and tell them how much it's going to cost.

Take a vacation Red, you're sounding like a fool again.

I changed one word, and you just refuted non-AnCap capitalism instead of the idea that land is different from other forms of property.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 1:39pm:
It's not a lie. If I crossed out the word government in Burnsy's post that you quoted, and put businesses, you could have posted the same thing and it would have been a knockdown refutal of capitalism.

It just goes to show that your refutations are fungible.
Private businesses are not governments, governments are not private businesses.

Monopolies granted by law however, are monopolies, and where government owns all the land, liberty cannot exist.

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
Private businesses are not governments, governments are not private businesses.

You're suggesting a sash with a different word on it makes the difference between a concept being functional and non-functional.

Jeff wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:30pm:
Monopolies granted by law however, are monopolies, and where government owns all the land, liberty cannot exist.

I could cross out government and put businesses, and look, you just refuted capitalism again.

This is because you just denounce things without reasons. You uphold things without reasons. Bringing a flamethrower to a debate isn't productive. You win. Congratulations. You also ruined it for everyone else.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #23 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm:
You're suggesting a sash with a different word on it makes the difference between a concept being functional and non-functional.

No I wasn't.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #24 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 3:38pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Oct 20th, 2018 at 2:46pm:
I could cross out government and put businesses, and look, you just refuted capitalism again.

Monopolies are not possible without government help. If competition exists, as it does in free economies, no business will ever own all of everything.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #25 - Oct 20th, 2018 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Red, you should make a list of "intelligent" posters on the forum, so it's easy for anyone to tell who you want to reply to your nonsense... Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Geolibertarianism - Opinions from Intelligent Posters?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy