Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kamala Harris Wants To Buy Jeff's Vote!
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Kamala Harris Wants To Buy Jeff's Vote! (Read 155 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Kamala Harris Wants To Buy Jeff's Vote!
Oct 21st, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Washington (CNN)Democratic Sen. Kamala Harris, a potential 2020 presidential candidate, proposed new legislation on Thursday aiming to provide tax breaks for low- and middle-class Americans.

The new bill would give tax credits of up to $6,000 per year for households earning less than $100,000 annually, which comes out to $500 per month. Individuals earning under $50,000 per year would be eligible for tax credits up to $3,000 under the plan.

Harris' bill aims to offset the rising cost of living throughout the country, but with Republicans in control of both chambers of Congress, the proposal has very slim chances of advancing on Capitol Hill. The proposal, however, allows Harris to position herself politically as to how she thinks the nation's tax system should be structured. The announcement comes as she travels the country in an effort to campaign for fellow Democrats ahead of the midterm elections and setup a possible 2020 presidential bid.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/harris-tax-cuts-2020-election/index.html

Of course the "tax cuts" will be "refundable tax credits," meaning that the Jeffs of the world will be able to claim the credit having not actually paid any taxes. 

The best part for Jeff will be that she wants the credit to be "refunded" on a monthly basis so Jeff will have that UBI he's so eager for.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Kamala Harris Wants To Buy Jeff's Vote!
Reply #1 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 1:55pm
Print Post  
I hope Harris proposed some spending cuts to go along with her "Tax Cuts".

Without spending cuts, there would be deficits and more money would need to be borrowed, worsening the debt. (debt interest which is paid by taxpayers)

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 1:55pm:

Without spending cuts, there would be deficits and more money would need to be borrowed, worsening the debt. (debt interest which is paid by taxpayers)

I think she is going to run on a promise that the Donald Trumps of the world will have to pay for through tax increases.  Or maybe literally just Donald Trump and his kids since so many billionaires sponsor the Democratic Party.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 1:33pm:
https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/politics/harris-tax-cuts-2020-election/index.html

Of course the "tax cuts" will be "refundable tax credits," meaning that the Jeffs of the world will be able to claim the credit having not actually paid any taxes. 

The best part for Jeff will be that she wants the credit to be "refunded" on a monthly basis so Jeff will have that UBI he's so eager for.

I've been paying taxes to the federal government since 1963. I'm still paying. I won't qualify.

I wouldn't vote for Harris if she was the only candidate on the ballot, which the democrats would probably like to see happen...

Edit: Did I mention that I like it when you slander me? Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 1:55pm:

I don't pay much attention to her, but I bet she's got a laundry list of spending increases.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 3:04pm:
I've been paying taxes to the federal government since 1963. I'm still paying. I won't qualify.

No one who pays taxes would speak of them as lovingly as you do.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 4:26pm:
No one who pays taxes would speak of them as lovingly as you do.
I don't like taxes. My ideal is a libertarian paradise where everybody respects everyone else's rights and uses good common law precepts to settle torts, which is all there will be.

There will be no crime because everyone will be following the NAP, so arbitration will easily settle all the accidental damages that arise... But everyone, out of respect for others and the NAP will be willing to take responsibility for harm they might accidentally cause, so no one will every need to be forced... Shoot, you probably won't even need arbitrators.

You can see that there will be no need for government, so I won't have government taking some of my money every year. Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Oct 21st, 2018 at 6:42pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 21st, 2018 at 1:33pm:

Taking Harris seriously, because she sounds dangerous, does she intend to expand the program that has existed for decades? How will it be funded?

"Refundable tax credits" doesn't make any sense, but neither does paying money before any tax has been assessed and found to be due, and then getting a refund of your own money which you never owed in the first place. Cheesy

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Oct 23rd, 2018 at 9:01am
Print Post  
From the sounds of this, Harris won't need to buy any votes!

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/u-s-has-3-5-million-more-registere...

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2018 at 7:35pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 23rd, 2018 at 9:01am:
From the sounds of this, Harris won't need to buy any votes!

https://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/u-s-has-3-5-million-more-registere...

"Los Angeles County, whose more than 10 million people make it the nation's most populous county, had 12% more registered voters than live ones, some 707,475 votes. That's a huge number of possible votes in an election."

Democrat kingpins suggest that their voters should:

"Vote early, and vote often!"   

Grin    Grin    Grin    Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Kamala Harris Wants To Buy Jeff's Vote!
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy