Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Brithright Citizenship and Libertarianism
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Brithright Citizenship and Libertarianism (Read 633 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Brithright Citizenship and Libertarianism
Reply #90 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 11:49am:
It is a good test of the effects.   But they play their cards close to the vest, so if a program turns out to be a failure, it's kept a secret.
If they aren't proudly proclaiming how much better things are now that non-citizens are voting (and have the facts to prove it) the assumption has to be that it's making things worse.

There are subjective judgements involved of course. If the goal is to make a city more like Venezuela, and that's what's happening, it could be touted as a great success... Except it wouldn't be because they know most people don't want their city to be like Venezuela.

If children are being educated better for less money because non-citizens are being allowed to vote for school board members, or if the city government is providing better services for less money because non-citizens are being allowed to vote in municipal elections, or if more businesses are deciding to locate in the city because the taxes have been lowered and the regulatory burdens eased for the same reason, I'll get right behind the idea of allowing non-citizens to vote.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #91 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 2:52pm:
If children are being educated better for less money because non-citizens are being allowed to vote for school board members, ...

Huh

How did you connect these dots?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #92 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 5:22pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 4:59pm:
I thought school boards and local governments had something to do with education... If allowing non-citizens to vote makes the local government and the local school board better, education should get better... And cheaper.

Probably education is completely out of the hands of the local government and school board...

But something should get better shouldn't it? Or worse?

Are you saying things in those cities you mentioned haven't changed at all since non-citizens were allowed to vote? That's something that's worthwhile knowing too.

Critical thinking is no good unless you have good information to think about, right?

I stand by what I said, if they won't tell, it's because it's made things worse.

Edit: Is that you in the animation? You look like a real dufus. Grin

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #93 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 4:59pm:
How did you connect these dots?

Actually Jeff is quite correct here.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #94 - Nov 5th, 2018 at 11:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 5:22pm:
Are you saying things in those cities you mentioned haven't changed at all since non-citizens were allowed to vote? That's something that's worthwhile knowing too.

Critical thinking is no good unless you have good information to think about, right?

I stand by what I said, if they won't tell, it's because it's made things worse.

I'm saying let the evidence point to what is.

To date, we have ZERO data on the effectiveness of illegal votes.

An assumption based on nothing = nothing.

“A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.”  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #95 - Nov 6th, 2018 at 7:25am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 5th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
I'm saying let the evidence point to what is.

To date, we have ZERO data on the effectiveness of illegal votes.

An assumption based on nothing = nothing.

I was using critical thinking Chief.

I know that it's "progressives" who are behind allowing non-citizens to vote.

I know that "progressives" believe their programs make things better.

I also know that "progressives" claim their programs have made things better if they can gin up the least bit of "evidence" that that has happened...

By a process of critical thinking, I deduce that silence on the part of "progressives" about the effects of one of their programs means either the program has failed completely, or that it has had a result that rational people (non-"progressives") will view as worse than a failure.

Note: "Progressives" can be rational people, but not about politics and government.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Brithright Citizenship and Libertarianism
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy