Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Growing Support for Funding Health Care The Way we Fund Education
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Growing Support for Funding Health Care The Way we Fund Education (Read 827 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Growing Support for Funding Health Care The Way we Fund Education
Oct 31st, 2018 at 2:43pm
Print Post  
CNN is reporting that more and more Democrats want government to provide health care services to all but the wealthiest of Americans who would be able to afford private health care even after being forced to pay for health care for "everyone."

No matter how many members of the community think that is a good idea, public health care, assuming it will be as dysfunctional as public education, would be a disaster for all but the community's most irredeemable freeloaders.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

ahhell

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Growing Support for Funding Health Care The Way we Fund Education
Reply #1 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Meh, we already pay for universal public healthcare but we only get old people and the poor covered.  There are certainly better options than what we have currently.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 2:43pm:
CNN is reporting that more and more Democrats want government to provide health care services to all but the wealthiest of Americans who would be able to afford private health care even after being forced to pay for health care for "everyone."

No matter how many members of the community think that is a good idea, public health care, assuming it will be as dysfunctional as public education, would be a disaster for all but the community's most irredeemable freeloaders.
Public education wasn't dysfunctional until the "progressives" in the federal government got involved and took control of the schools and the educational process out of the local control of parents and teachers and local school boards. And of course allowing public employees like teachers to unionize andhave their unions be recognized as the exclusive bargaining agents for all teachers in a school district has had pernicious effects also.

Almost every complaint you have about America can be traced to "progressive" involvement by the federal government, and since you firmly believe that it will be impossible for the American people to take back control of their government, I can't understand why you stay here.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Public education wasn't dysfunctional until the "progressives" in the federal government got involved and took control of the schools and the educational process out of the local control of parents and teachers and local school boards. And of course allowing public employees like teachers to unionize andhave their unions be recognized as the exclusive bargaining agents for all teachers in a school district has had pernicious effects also.

Almost every complaint you have about America can be traced to "progressive" involvement by the federal government, and since you firmly believe that it will be impossible for the American people to take back control of their government, I can't understand why you stay here.

The progressivism you deplore is the inevitible result of taxation.

Give bureaucrats stolen money and they are sure to use it for mischief. 

BTW, you still haven’t explained why its wrong to keep a kid out of a school because his parents are too lazy/alcoholic/stupid/etc. to pay for tuition, but it’s fine to keep a kid from health care for the same reasons.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:45pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 5:33pm:
The progressivism you deplore is the inevitible result of taxation.
You have it backwards. It was "progressives" who removed the limits on taxation by sharp practice and legal fictions, and they did it so they could tax the crap out of us in the name of the general welfare, which they interpret to mean they can spend as much as they want to on anything, and they do.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:47pm
Print Post  
Give bureaucrats stolen money and they are sure to use it for mischief. 
First you have to create the bureaucracies, which "progressives" have been doing ever since the general welfare clause was interpreted to be a grant of general and unlimited power.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:48pm
Print Post  
BTW, you still haven’t explained why its wrong to keep a kid out of a school because his parents are too lazy/alcoholic/stupid/etc. to pay for tuition...

I don't think this needs any explanation.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:48pm:
I don't think this needs any explanation.

It needs no explanation if you think that all kids should be provided for equally, regardless of the actions of their parents and that government should make sure they are. 

If you believe that, be honest and say so.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:52pm
Print Post  
...but it’s fine to keep a kid from health care for the same reasons.

It's not "fine" and I told you my perception, that "free" medical care for all has bad effects all around.

If private doctors and private hospitals refuse to treat sick children when they show up, it's not my fault... You think it's moral to screw up the entire health care system for everybody because you imagine if we don't, that communities will sit around and watch poor children die.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 7:52pm:
It's not "fine" and I told you my perception, that "free" medical care for all has bad effects all around.

If private doctors and private hospitals refuse to treat sick children when they show up, it's not my fault... You think it's moral to screw up the entire health care system for everybody because you imagine if we don't, that communities will sit around and watch poor children die.

So it's ok to screw up education for everyone, but not healthcare?

What if your community decides to tax everyone for a public hospital? 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Growing Support for Funding Health Care The Way we Fund Education
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy