Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Accused of Being A Kook Conspiracy Theorist?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Accused of Being A Kook Conspiracy Theorist? (Read 66 times)
BobK71
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Accused of Being A Kook Conspiracy Theorist?
Oct 31st, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Here is your defense!

https://www.epsilontheory.com/things-fall-apart-part-3-markets/

I love Ben Hunt's writing, even if he has a basically establishment viewpoint.  (Notice how he cringes before recommending Bitcoin!)  I would even go into all of his links to get the full flavors of the edifice he has constructed.

When he warns of inflation at this point, what is he really saying?  This system can't be anything other than inflationary, over the long run.  It's based on money printing and borrowing backed by 'men with guns' (to use Paul Krugman's phrase,) so what do you expect?

When he says there is zero mass-media narrative warning about the now big federal deficit, what is he really saying?  The entire narrative machine is controlled, and that's why we may well get... the results of deficit spending...  inflation.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Accused of Being A Kook Conspiracy Theorist?
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
People accuse you of being a kook conspiracy theorist for saying that?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Oct 31st, 2018 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 4:49pm:
This system can't be anything other than inflationary, over the long run.  It's based on money printing and borrowing backed by 'men with guns' (to use Paul Krugman's phrase,) so what do you expect?

Since this is just plain truth, I sympathise.

You get called a conspiracy theorist a lot for just telling the truth nowadays.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:44am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Oct 31st, 2018 at 6:34pm:
People accuse you of being a kook conspiracy theorist for saying that?

Not personally, or at least not openly!

But I think you could make a good case that any view of the world that doesn't believe we have true democracy and basically free markets in the West, or doesn't believe that we have a rules-based global order based on free trade and the postwar institutions, including ones working diligently to bring development to poor countries, will be considered conspiratorial by the majority of educated Westerners.

If you try telling these educated folks that the world is really run by a state-bank alliance, as evidenced by monetary and financial market manipulations over the centuries, supported by imperial military and political power (and especially that their nice lifestyle is based on global theft,) well...!

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Ben Hunt has a nice phrase, 'fiat news,' which is somewhere between fake news and real news, and used by the powers that be to promote their agenda.

This is a take-off from his division of money among 'real money,' counterfeit, and fiat money.

I think a great insight in all of this analysis is that the Western imperial system is an 'in-between' kind of thing.  It's not total tyranny based on naked power, but it's not the open and liberal system it would like us to believe either.  Its power comes from being somewhere in between.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:30am
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 8:44am:
But I think you could make a good case that any view of the world that doesn't believe we have true democracy and basically free markets...
You think we have "true democracy"? Cheesy

I don't think you've been paying attention lately if you think we still have "basically free markets".

IP Logged

BobK71

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 3:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 9:30am:
You think we have "true democracy"? Cheesy

I don't think you've been paying attention lately if you think we still have "basically free markets".

I don't.  Please re-read.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2018 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
BobK71 wrote on Nov 1st, 2018 at 3:14pm:
I don't.  Please re-read.
Here's your complete sentence-

"But I think you could make a good case that any view of the world that doesn't believe we have true democracy and basically free markets in the West, or doesn't believe that we have a rules-based global order based on free trade and the postwar institutions, including ones working diligently to bring development to poor countries, will be considered conspiratorial by the majority of educated Westerners."

I took that to mean you were not a conspiracy theory kook in the minds of most educated Westerners because you do believe we have pure democracy and rules based free markets.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Accused of Being A Kook Conspiracy Theorist?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy