Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Should Government Deal With Transgender Prisoners?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) How Should Government Deal With Transgender Prisoners? (Read 604 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: How Should Government Deal With Transgender Prisoners?
Reply #10 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:26am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 6th, 2018 at 8:49pm:
That's the crux of it, isn't it? People with that sex organ should be separated from people without to prevent rape and pregnancy.
We only have one jail in my county, so they keep the people with vaginas separate from the people with penises to prevent lawsuits. I think they try to keep the people with penises from raping each other too. Smiley

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 7:07am:
Certainly the TSA (who seem to be conspicuously missing from this story) have been told that there is an exception to the 2nd A. in airports and on airplanes...

So what?  We all "have been told" that there is an exception to the equal protection clause that allows affirmative action.  Does that make it true?

Quote:
If the security at Love Field was private, working for the airline, they could make an exception and ban or permit carry on concealed weapons, whatever the airline preferred...

You sure about that, Jeff? Under current law, an airline can give it's private security the discretion about whether to allow concealed carry on it's airplanes?

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:13am:
So what?  We all "have been told" that there is an exception to the equal protection clause that allows affirmative action.  Does that make it true?
Of course not, but the TSA seems to think it is true.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:13am:
You sure about that, Jeff? Under current law, an airline can give it's private security the discretion about whether to allow concealed carry on it's airplanes?
As far as I knew, private planes flying out of private airports are not subject to TSA security.

Dallas Love Field isn't a private airport, it's owned by the city of Dallas, which does, to the best of my knowledge, make it subject to TSA security which won't let anybody (at least private citizens) carry guns on board airplanes.

Correct me where I'm wrong, thanks.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:33am:
As far as I knew, private planes flying out of private airports are not subject to TSA security.

Oh, so nothing at all to do with the situation in the article?  You're thinking about a farmer's field with a gravel runway for his crop duster or an Alaskan bush pilot and they can have a double-barrel in the cockpit?  True, I'm sure.  Nothing to do with this thread, though.

Quote:
Dallas Love Field isn't a private airport, it's owned by the city of Dallas, which does, to the best of my knowledge, make it subject to TSA security which won't let anybody (at least private citizens) carry guns on board airplanes.

Correct me where I'm wrong, thanks.

Right, so you agree with whoever "has told" the TSA that the second amendment doesn't apply on airplanes that fly out of government airports? 

You believe they should selectively apply anti-gun laws to "really confused people?"

Any thoughts on rape prevention in our government's prisons?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 11:34am:
Oh, so nothing at all to do with the situation in the article?
Where was the TSA in that article? So far as I know, the woman committed a federal crime.

Complain to Congress that they are violating our rights by searching us at airports and taking our guns that we want to carry on, I don't like it.

And yes, I'd rather not have people that are so confused they don't know if they are male or female having guns on airplanes, but I'm not trying to make it illegal.

Why was the women not indicted for (or maybe even charged with) a federal firearms violation?

Here's some discussion of the pertinent laws-

http://www.lawyerintl.com/law-articles/674-Carrying%20Firearms%20On%20Aircraft

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:53pm:
Where was the TSA in that article? So far as I know, the woman committed a federal crime.

Complain to Congress that they are violating our rights by searching us at airports and taking our guns that we want to carry on, I don't like it.

And yes, I'd rather not have people that are so confused they don't know if they are male or female having guns on airplanes, but I'm not trying to make it illegal.

I didn’t read the part where she expressed confusion.  She seems to know her own gender, I don’t know who else would know better than she would.

Quote:
Why was the women not indicted for (or maybe even charged with) a federal firearms violation?

Because the grand jury saw no reason to indict her. Police, not liking the outcome,  arrested her again. 

You approve of that?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
I didn’t read the part where she expressed confusion.  She seems to know her own gender, I don’t know who else would know better than she would.

The female prisoners they put her in with will know right off that she's a man.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:58pm:
Because the grand jury saw no reason to indict her.

They believed her when he said she just forgot her gun was in her purse? That's possible.

I bet they believed she was a woman too!

Edit: I'm OK with her "subsequently" being arrested for trespass and interfering with an emergency call if there's evidence she did those things. It's not like they arrested her again for the same crime.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:13pm:
They believed her when he said she just forgot her gun was in her purse? That's possible.

I bet they believed she was a woman too!

Edit: I'm OK with her "subsequently" being arrested for trespass and interfering with an emergency call if there's evidence she did those things. It's not like they arrested her again for the same crime.

Well, of course you are Jeff.  Arresting someone for the "crime" of having a gun and then re-arresting them for the exact same event and calling it trespassing by having a gun is the kind of tactic authoritarian police use to make sure citizens know who is boss.  Your exact model of good government.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › How Should Government Deal With Transgender Prisoners?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy