Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump and Dems Promising Investigations and Counter-Investigations
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Trump and Dems Promising Investigations and Counter-Investigations (Read 127 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Trump and Dems Promising Investigations and Counter-Investigations
Nov 7th, 2018 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Quote:
The incoming Democratic majority in the House of Representatives has the power to open a slew of investigations into the White House and President Trump when the new Congress is seated in January, and early indications are that Democrats plan to aggressively take advantage of their new authority.

But the president fired a warning shot early Wednesday morning, declaring he would turn the tables and leverage his party's Senate majority to investigate Democrats if they go that route.

"If the Democrats think they are going to waste Taxpayer Money investigating us at the House level, then we will likewise be forced to consider investigating them for all of the leaks of Classified Information, and much else, at the Senate level. Two can play that game!" Trump tweeted.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dems-to-flex-muscle-with-new-house-majority-sub...

I propose a new term for the government under which we now live:  pedarchy

ped·ar·chy
/ˈpedˌärkē/
noun
noun: pedarchy

1)  a form of government with a child or children at the head.
     2) a state that has a government run by children or childlike adults.
        plural noun: pedarchies

Origin - first coined by internet near-genius Snarky Sack

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump and Dems Promising Investigations and Counter-Investigations
Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:36am
Print Post  
Let's hope that this time the investigations are based on some known facts to begin with so they can be speedily concluded, Trump impeached and Pence sworn in as President.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 10:36am:
Let's hope that this time the investigations are based on some known facts to begin with so they can be speedily concluded, Trump impeached and Pence sworn in as President.

*SIGH*

All these phony baloney "investigations" have been based on known facts to begin with. 

Everyone knows that Clintons are crooks who feel themselves above the law and everyone knows that Trump was the Russians' pick because he negotiates in a way that they understand.

The "investigations" are just ways for people on both sides to grandstand for their idiotic bases by pretending to be bringing out these shocking revelations.

The only real twist in this is the ambiguity of the GOP on the question of whether to support Trump or secretly side with the Democrats. 

The GOP's loss of the  house and the fact that it will almost certainly lead to an silly impeachment in revenge for the even sillier impeachment of Clinton should be enough to convince all but the densest of libertarians who pin their hopes on the Republican Party to understand that statists are statists regardless of the letter after their names.

EDIT:

It was almost a hundred years after the U.S. Constitution was ratified that impeachment was used against a president, Andrew Johnson.  He was acquitted and served the term he was elected for.

More than a hundred years later, impeachment was started against Nixon and he resigned.  About twenty-five years later, Clinton was impeached and acquitted.  Since then, there has been talk of impeaching every president.  Why the impeachment fever in recent decades after two hundred years of near dormancy?  One word:  Television.

Yes, Trump will be impeached by the Democrats but acquitted by the Republican senators who would no doubt love to be rid of him but fear their voters will abandon them if they abandon Trump.

Pence?  What are his libertarian beliefs?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 11:25am:
Pence?  What are his libertarian beliefs?

He gets to be President if Trump is impeached. If you think he will be worse than Trump, do your best to keep The Donald in office.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:35pm
Print Post  
*SIGH*

All these phony baloney "investigations" have been based on known facts to begin with. 

Trump colluded with Russians? That was a known fact?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:34pm:
He gets to be President if Trump is impeached. If you think he will be worse than Trump, do your best to keep The Donald in office.

I know little about Pence.

You are on a Libertarian forum advocating Pence be president in spite of the will of the voters.  I thought you might have some reason for it.

No?  Never mind . . .

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
...everyone knows that Trump was the Russians' pick...
You forgot about Obama promising the Russians he could be "more flexible after the elections" and that Hillary was the heir apparent? I think Putin looked forward to dealing with Hillary.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
I know little about Pence.

You are on a Libertarian forum advocating Pence be president in spite of the will of the voters.  I thought you might have some reason for it.

I'd be happy to get rid of Trump and all the investigations of him and have the government take some time to do what they actually need to do.

If you don't know anything about Pence, vet him, he has a public record going back to 2000. No, he's not a libertarian, but I think he's closer than Trump is...

I really think the "will of the voters" had little to do with The Donald getting elected. It was more like, "Not him, but even more NOT HER!".

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:37pm:
You forgot about Obama promising the Russians he could be "more flexible after the elections" and that Hillary was the heir apparent? I think Putin looked forward to dealing with Hillary.

Whatever . . .

I know you’re a big never Trump Republican, but this is a libertarian forum so you just confuse everyone. 

There’s plenty of RepCon vs. LibDem forums you could post on.  IF you already annoyed them all, just use another screen name.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 7th, 2018 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 7th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
I know you’re a big never Trump Republican...
You claim to know a lot of things.

If you prefer to think of me as a Republican, that's fine with me. I can understand how someone, out of ignorance, could get confused by me talking about the republican form of government created by our Constitution.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump and Dems Promising Investigations and Counter-Investigations
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy