Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Dems Seize Control Of The House - - New Taxes To Come
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Dems Seize Control Of The House - - New Taxes To Come (Read 150 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Dems Seize Control Of The House - - New Taxes To Come
Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 3:00pm:
Like I said, I lost it all in a tragic boating accident.   

All the evidence is at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean about a mile and a half off the coast of Catalina Island.

If it's not still there, it means that divers have already recovered it!    Grin

The courts are not convinced.

Do you imagine the Supreme Court will hear your appeal? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Edit: Hoarding is antisocial activity, punishable by death in societies where social justice has meaning.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 9:27pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 4:44pm:
They stole literally tons of gold, and they established a precedent.

Make your own decisions if another Order comes down with even worse penalties...

You know it's much easier for them to find you now, right?

Check the list, Jeff.

Add up the total number of people arrested (or fined) for hoarding gold. (Zero)

Now, multiply that number  by 7.21557.

The number is still ZERO.   [0 X 7.21557 = 0]

Hope this helps!

Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:27am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 9:27pm:
Check the list, Jeff.

Add up the total number of people arrested (or fined) for hoarding gold. (Zero)

Now, multiply that number  by 7.21557.

The number is still ZERO.   [0 X 7.21557 = 0]

Hope this helps!

Smiley

The law was enacted. Gold was removed from circulation and it's utility as an investment was destroyed. We no longer had legal money. The largest theft in U.S. history was accomplished.

Sure, some people hid their gold and maybe even traded it on the black market, but both of those things will be much more difficult next time...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:29am
Print Post  
I think this is pertinent to my claim that it doesn't matter which branch of the TwoParties is in "control".

https://reason.com/archives/2018/11/08/another-republican-capitulation-on-healt?...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 10:06am
Print Post  
I don't know what to make of this-

https://reason.com/archives/2018/11/12/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-the-rich?u...

-but I do know this isn't good, and gridlock and partisan wrangling isn't going to make it better-

https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/12/the-national-debt-is-coming-due-just-lik

Notice that 62% of federal spending is now called "mandatory"? Shocked

Here's some of the stuff Congress considers optional-

"Discretionary spending includes spending on the military, homeland security, schools, and other stuff that does need to get voted on."

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 10:24am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 10:06am:
I don't know what to make of this-

https://reason.com/archives/2018/11/12/are-democrats-now-the-party-of-the-rich?u...

-but I do know this isn't good, and gridlock and partisan wrangling isn't going to make it better-

https://reason.com/blog/2018/11/12/the-national-debt-is-coming-due-just-lik

Notice that 62% of federal spending is now called "mandatory"? Shocked

Here's some of the stuff Congress considers optional-

"Discretionary spending includes spending on the military, homeland security, schools, and other stuff that does need to get voted on."

Right, the other things are "mandatory" in that they are "entitlements" meaning they have to be paid out whether the government can afford them or not.

That's the system the constitution calls for when it gives congress the power to tax with nor moral compass as to how to tax and what to use the tax dollars for.

Naturally politicians are not going to tell everyone who is old and everyone who will be old someday that the freebies are ending.  They would be beset by legions of keyboard warriors angry at the thought of having to work for a living. *ahem*

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 14th, 2018 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 14th, 2018 at 10:24am:
Right, the other things are "mandatory" in that they are "entitlements" meaning they have to be paid out whether the government can afford them or not.

That's the system the constitution calls for when it gives congress the power to tax with nor moral compass as to how to tax and what to use the tax dollars for.

Federalist No.14: Madison
           "In the first place it is to be remembered that the general government is not to be charged with the whole power of making and administering laws. Its jurisdiction is limited to certain enumerated objects, which concern all the members of the republic, but which are not to be attained by the separate provisions of any."

Federalist No. 27: Hamilton
           "It merits particular attention in this place, that the laws of the Confederacy as to the enumerated and legitimate objects of its jurisdiction will become the SUPREME LAW of the land;"

Federalist No. 39: Madison
           "In this relation then, the proposed government cannot be deemed a national one; since its jurisdiction extends to certain enumerated objects only, and leaves to the several States a residuary and inviolable sovereignty over all other objects."

Obviously you are reading something other than the U.S. Constitution... But no, you are imagining that the Supreme Court changed the Constitution, so it no longer has only certain enumerated powers and no longer has limited jurisdiction and there are no longer limits on the taxing power.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Dems Seize Control Of The House - - New Taxes To Come
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy