Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Girl Scouts Suing “Scouts BSA” for being too Inclusive?
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Girl Scouts Suing “Scouts BSA” for being too Inclusive? (Read 118 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Girl Scouts Suing “Scouts BSA” for being too Inclusive?
Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:09pm
Print Post  
They claim they are suing for copyright infringement, which is absurd. 

What they are really angry about is that accepting girls into what used to known as “Boy Scouts” will reduce the appeal of the Girl Scout program.

This is one of many asinine results of taxing people to pay for court systems in which anyone can file any ridiculous lawsuit because the taxpayers have provided these Taj Majal style courthouses which lend themselves to even larger transfers of wealth.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Girl Scouts Suing “Scouts BSA” for being too Inclusive?
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
You think it' s a good idea to have adolescent girls and boys camping out together?

Could there be any unforeseen bad consequences?

Do you have any opinions of your own?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:14pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:09pm:
This is one of many asinine results of taxing people to pay for court systems in which anyone can file any ridiculous lawsuit because the taxpayers have provided these Taj Majal style courthouses which lend themselves to even larger transfers of wealth.

I was right, you're insane.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:37pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:11pm:
You think it' s a good idea to have adolescent girls and boys camping out together?

Could there be any unforeseen bad consequences?

Do you have any opinions of your own?

This thread is about the absurdity of lawsuits, not whether boys and girls should camp together.

Just out of curiosity, what do you see as the “unforeseen bad consequences?  That they might have S-E-X?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:37pm:
This thread is about the absurdity of lawsuits, not whether boys and girls should camp together.

Just out of curiosity, what do you see as the “unforeseen bad consequences?  That they might have S-E-X?

How old are they? I was thinking of young pregnant girls and the choices they and their families face... Do you have any experience of that sort of thing?

Are the Boy/Girl Scout leaders properly preparing their young charges to handle the available choices if somebody gets pregnant?

Should the courts be involved in these decisions at all? I think not.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 5:44pm:
How old are they? I was thinking of young pregnant girls and the choices they and their families face... Do you have any experience of that sort of thing?

Are the Boy/Girl Scout leaders properly preparing their young charges to handle the available choices if somebody gets pregnant?

Those kind of life lessons were part of scouting when I was in scouts, so I would guess yes.

But I'm curious about your theory that camping together causes pregnancy more so than school dances, co-ed little league, mixed gender happy-peppy-nobody-loses soccer and any number of activities that all genders participate in. 

Tell me more about how boys and girls don't think about sex until they get into the outdoors together?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2018 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
What they are really angry about is that accepting girls into what used to known as “Boy Scouts” will reduce the appeal of the Girl Scout program.

It will, because the Girl Scout programme is rubbish.

I recently proved this to my beloved. Girl Scouts must pay for everything with cookie money. Some troupes even pay for their (much inflated) uniforms with these sales. And if they want to go horseback riding? You guessed it: Cookie money.

Boy Scouts receive donations for what they do. Also, parents' dues fund things like horseback riding and camping trips.

But wait! Girl Scouts' parents pay dues too. Where does that go? Corporate HQ.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:58pm:
Those kind of life lessons were part of scouting when I was in scouts, so I would guess yes.

But I'm curious about your theory that camping together causes pregnancy more so than school dances, co-ed little league, mixed gender happy-peppy-nobody-loses soccer and any number of activities that all genders participate in. 

Tell me more about how boys and girls don't think about sex until they get into the outdoors together?

It's a matter of opportunity Sack. Overnight camp outs provide more opportunity than afternoon Little League games.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 8:09am
Print Post  
They claim they are suing for copyright infringement, which is absurd. 

Didn't the courts force the Boy Scouts to be inclusive in the first place?

Anyway, it's not a result of the court "system" it's the result of "progressive" judges assuming power to tell private organizations they have to fall in line with "progressive" precepts, putting forward the claim that equality under the law means that girls have a right to join the Boy Scouts and the Boy Scouts must accept them.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 9th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 8th, 2018 at 7:58pm:

They could have a Pregnancy Prevention merit badge. 

Government/Planned Parenthood could provide funding!   Cheesy

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Girl Scouts Suing “Scouts BSA” for being too Inclusive?
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy