Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rubber Dogshit at the Dollar General
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Rubber Dogshit at the Dollar General (Read 677 times)
Snarky Sack
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Rubber Dogshit at the Dollar General
Nov 18th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Stopped into the local newly opened Dollar General, yesterday.  It seems odd, because there is an older Dollar General literally less than one hundred yards away on the same street but the other side.  It was worth building because it happens to be very awkward turning left on that road, because the government did not plan it well (surprise).

Anyway, it was nice inside.  Of course, the private sector has to make things nice for us, unlike places like public schools, DMV's, county hospitals that have a captive audience.

Sure enough, they had rubber dogshit for sale in the toy isle.  They had it when I was a kid, but you had to go to specialty novelty/magic shops.  It's the kind of thing kids like to buy to play tricks on their family and friends during those golden years between learning to be a wiseguy and taking an interest in girls. 

Anyway, point is - I doubt very seriously that any country where government knows best is the guiding philosophy would produce rubber dogshit for its citizens.

Rubber dogshit has been a thing for decades.  There are factories somewhere that make rubber dogshit.  There are workers who earn their living producing rubber dogshit and not just machine operators.  Engineers set up the machines, purchasers obtain the raw materials, supervisors keep the factory running and give production reports on the rubber dogshit units to factory managers.

In the movie, "Top Gun" a Navy officer threatened that one of his pilots would "be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit from the Philippines," as if that would be the ultimate humiliation.  That would actually be a big step up from flying a plane whose sole purpose is to kill foreigners in their own countries.

It's easy for people - especially those who have never been in the military - to glamorize the killing machines and ignore how important the production machines are.

Yeah, you could say that "nobody needs" rubber dogshit.  But the words "need" and "want" aren't appropriate for conversations about government involvement in the economy.  They lead to disaster in every case.  "Demand" is the word that is important and it can easily be measured by people's willingness to spend their own money (when government lets them, that is).

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Rubber Dogshit at the Dollar General
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Without reading more than the header, is this at all topical?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Did the police shoot the kid that planted the rubber dogshit?

There is a right to use rubber dogshit in entertaining ways isn't there?

Does the same right apply to real dogshit?

How does the NAP become involved?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:49pm:
Without reading more than the header, is this at all topical?

Not if you only read the header, no.

As with so many of the posts that you make asinine replies to.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 4:58pm:
Not if you only read the header, no.

As with so many of the posts that you make asinine replies to.

So, you say it is topical.

How?

Did they shoot the kid because they thought it was real dogshit, or a bomb or what?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 6:39pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 3:34pm:
In the movie, "Top Gun" a Navy officer threatened that one of his pilots would "be flying a cargo plane full of rubber dogshit from the Philippines," as if that would be the ultimate humiliation.  That would actually be a big step up from flying a plane whose sole purpose is to kill foreigners in their own countries. 

Your species tends to glorify aggression and downplay the importance of the resource-generation that makes that aggression possible.

I can't understand why farmers and fisherman are so loathed and looked down upon. It's not like most Humans (...and, I don't either...) have a huge objection to killing the fish.

I think in your hearts, most of you want to be aggressors - to take resources instead of generating them.

But yes, capitalism does have that advantage. If enough people want it, usually it gets produced. Unfortunately this only applies to relatively new capitalism, before the clear winners are produced, and then they start imposing their ideas about what the customer should and shouldn't have, or does and doesn't need. And you'll buy what they give you, or you'll have nothing. Go ahead, try to start a business to compete with Facebook, and instead of censoring offensiveness, give the customer free speech. It's what he wants. But, all I can say is good luck.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 6:39pm:
Your species...
More groupthink lizard.

My species is wildly variable and prone to all sorts of individual opinions and strange behaviors.

Libertarian principles say they shouldn't be persecuted or killed for not fitting in with the "mainstream". Smiley

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Nov 18th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 6:49pm:
More groupthink lizard.

My species is wildly variable and prone to all sorts of individual opinions and strange behaviors.

Libertarian principles say they shouldn't be persecuted or killed for not fitting in with the "mainstream". Smiley

It is a trend with Humans, though. You don't see me implying that I'm going to shoot all Humans on sight because they're all aggressive monsters - I in fact won't do that.

The idea that a person can't make a statement about trends in groups without being labelled by you as wrongthinking, is frankly laughable.

Noticing trends is the foundation of intelligence and necessary to science.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 7:04am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Nov 18th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
It is a trend with Humans, though. You don't see me implying that I'm going to shoot all Humans on sight because they're all aggressive monsters - I in fact won't do that.

The idea that a person can't make a statement about trends in groups without being labelled by you as wrongthinking, is frankly laughable.

Noticing trends is the foundation of intelligence and necessary to science.
You say you've noticed a trend toward more aggression worldwide?

What sort of time frame are you using?

Have you gathered and tabulated data to support your claim, or is it just a feeling you have, one of those "everybody knows the world is getting more violent" things?

Venezuela is getting more violent-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6405051/Murder-rate-soars-Venezuela-for...

Can you speculate why? Try to blame it on "capitalism"?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Nov 19th, 2018 at 10:57pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 19th, 2018 at 7:04am:
You say you've noticed a trend toward more aggression worldwide?

I've noticed Humans glorify aggression.

You deliberately misinterpret what I say, again and again.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Rubber Dogshit at the Dollar General
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy