Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools (Read 701 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools
Reply #10 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 10:49am:
But that's the system you advocate?  That the forty-nine percent be forced at gunpoint to pay for the nonsense if the fifty-one percent agree to it?
If people in a local community want to fund their schools with taxes and control the curriculum through the local school board and offer a chance to get a basic education to all the communities children, I think it works pretty well.

People with children often look into the local schools before they move into a community, and the often base their decision on where to live at least in part on the quality of the schools, deciding for themselves what they believe comprises a quality education.

That, plus the fact the school board members are elected from the local community used to give people quite a lot of control over their schools.

No guns will be involved unless you resist paying your local taxes with deadly force.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:26pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 10:49am:
I'd rather than no government nowhere mandate nothing about how children are taught.
If you consider a local school board working with parents and teachers to create curricula for their schools a "government mandate", I won't convince you other wise.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 10:47am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
No guns will be involved unless you resist paying your local taxes with deadly force.

The guns are there, whether I resist or not.  I only see them if I resist.  If a mugger keeps his gun in his jacket pocket, that's still armed robbery whether I see it or not.

I wouldn't have to use deadly force.  If my home were to be seized by the local tax authority because I refuse to pay the property taxes, I will be forced out of my home.  The man or woman who forces me will have a gun, I assure you.  No taxer would ever be willing to only collect taxes that he would wrassle me for.

Taxers need one or two guns on the scene with many more guns at the ready of the first guns are resisted.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 10:47am:
The guns are there, whether I resist or not.  I only see them if I resist.  If a mugger keeps his gun in his jacket pocket, that's still armed robbery whether I see it or not.

I wouldn't have to use deadly force.  If my home were to be seized by the local tax authority because I refuse to pay the property taxes, I will be forced out of my home.  The man or woman who forces me will have a gun, I assure you.  No taxer would ever be willing to only collect taxes that he would wrassle me for.

Taxers need one or two guns on the scene with many more guns at the ready of the first guns are resisted.

Just say they will garnish your wages/salary and seize your property.

Say, I forgot which thread it was where we were discussing your precious SCOTUS... I think this is pertinent to that thread, wherever it went-

https://spectator.org/of-course-we-have-obama-judges-and-trump-judges-clinton-ju...

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 11:21am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 10:51am:
Just say they will garnish your wages/salary and seize your property.

Yes, they will do that at gunpoint.  Or maybe you think if my employer or my bank said, “What? We’re not going to give you Mr. Snark’s rightful property” there would be no guns brought in to force them?

Quote:
Say, I forgot which thread it was where we were discussing your precious SCOTUS... I think this is pertinent to that thread, wherever it went-

https://spectator.org/of-course-we-have-obama-judges-and-trump-judges-clinton-ju...

It’s not my precious scotus.  It’s Jeff’s precious constitution which calls for the SCOTUS and gives them judiciary power over cases arising under that constitution.

Just from the title, I guess the author is whining that elected officials choose justices?  Therefore the process is politicized?  Duh.

What is the offered alternative?  Letting justices pick their own successors?

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 26th, 2018 at 7:24pm:
If people in a local community want to fund their schools with taxes and control the curriculum through the local school board and offer a chance to get a basic education to all the communities children, I think it works pretty well.

People with children often look into the local schools before they move into a community, and the often base their decision on where to live at least in part on the quality of the schools, deciding for themselves what they believe comprises a quality education.

That, plus the fact the school board members are elected from the local community used to give people quite a lot of control over their schools.

But if 51% or even 50.0001% of the voters want nonsense to be taught, like the Koran as history or the Old Testament as science, or Zetetic Astronomy as a viable alternative to the Round Earth Theory, the remaining 49% are forced to pay for that, correct?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 11:21am:
Yes, they will do that at gunpoint.  Or maybe you think if my employer or my bank said, “What? We’re not going to give you Mr. Snark’s rightful property” there would be no guns brought in to force them?

No, I just realize that the company you work for and your bank will give them the money and won't even bother to protest, much less resist.

The only time you might get the opportunity to resist with force is if your local government is seizing and selling your property for failure to pay property taxes, and then you won't be dealing with the tax man but with the Sheriff.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 11:21am:
Just from the title, I guess the author is whining that elected officials choose justices?  Therefore the process is politicized?  Duh.

What is the offered alternative?  Letting justices pick their own successors?

The author laments that our judiciary system has been politicized, yes, but also that political judges allow venue shopping in cases involving Constitutional issues and also consistently ignore or subvert Supreme Court decisions.

The alternative is to limit the power of government to it's Constitutionally enumerated powers, none of which are general powers, and to not allow your precious SCOTUS to decide what the Constitution "really" means.

I know you can't understand how that works to make it senseless to appoint judges based on their political leanings, so I won't bother to try again to explain it.

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 3:43pm:
No, I just realize that the company you work for and your bank will give them the money and won't even bother to protest, much less resist.

Right.  Sadly, our government has been trained (by people like you) to expect meekness and they almost always get it.

Quote:
The only time you might get the opportunity to resist with force is if your local government is seizing and selling your property for failure to pay property taxes, and then you won't be dealing with the tax man but with the Sheriff.

But not acting on his own.  Acting at the behest of the taxman.  The sheriff, himself living off money stolen from taxpayers, is happy to help.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Nov 28th, 2018 at 7:23am
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Nov 27th, 2018 at 5:23pm:
Right.  Sadly, our government has been trained (by people like you) to expect meekness and they almost always get it.

Most people might not like taxation, but they do think it's legal, so they really have no problem when they get a legal order to garnish your wages or send money from your bank account to the IRS because you haven't paid your taxes.

I'm trying to teach people that the limits on the taxing power granted to Congress are still in effect. I've had no luck teaching you because you can't understand what apportioned and uniform mean, which is no surprise since you can't figure out what "equal protection" means either.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy