Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools (Read 702 times)
The Opposition
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools
Reply #50 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 12:26am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Nov 30th, 2018 at 1:20pm:
I'd prefer to have every child in the community I live in offered a basic education whether their parents can afford it or not.

You can accomplish this same goal - every kid getting a basic education - with an equal amount of force, just applied to different people.

You could prevent the reproduction of people who can't afford the basics for their offspring.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #51 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:42am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 12:26am:
You can accomplish this same goal - every kid getting a basic education - with an equal amount of force, just applied to different people.

You could prevent the reproduction of people who can't afford the basics for their offspring.
Why do all of your "solutions" involve tyrannical force, and why are you so set on characterizing black and brown people as prolifically breeding freeloaders?

What about people who had children in better times but lost their good jobs and now struggle to feed and clothe their children and can't afford any private school tuition? Probably you want to kill their children and sterilize the (now) poor parents?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #52 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:42am:
Why do all of your "solutions" involve tyrannical force,

Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #53 - Dec 1st, 2018 at 5:46pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 2:29pm:
Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy
Your best post so far today!

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #54 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 1st, 2018 at 8:42am:
Why do all of your "solutions" involve tyrannical force, and why are you so set on characterizing black and brown people as prolifically breeding freeloaders?

What about people who had children in better times but lost their good jobs and now struggle to feed and clothe their children and can't afford any private school tuition? Probably you want to kill their children and sterilize the (now) poor parents?

They also struggle to buy them game consoles for Christmas and to send them to karate camp and to put money away for their college and their orthodonture.  Should we rob each other to pay for that also?

Where do you draw the line?  Just wherever the community decides? 

But you exclude parent-taxpayers who were born south of the Big River from being part of the community, no matter how many of their kids attend schools and no matter how much money they pay for government schools?

Your system is nothing more than robbery with a false front of charity.

"I think I'll backtrack." - Jeff

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #55 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 12:07pm:
They also struggle to buy them game consoles for Christmas and to send them to karate camp and to put money away for their college and their orthodonture.
There are ever fewer families/parents that can afford that sort of thing. Surely you know that?

In the meantime, champions of wealth redistribution like the Obama's are closing in on billionaire status...

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #56 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 4:19pm:
There are ever fewer families/parents that can afford that sort of thing. Surely you know that?

In the meantime, champions of wealth redistribution like the Obama's are closing in on billionaire status...

That’s what always and in every case happens when government announces that it is going to take money from earners at gunpoint because it will spend it more properly than the earners.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #57 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:38pm
Print Post  
Snarky Sack wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:03pm:
That’s what always and in every case happens when government announces that it is going to take money from earners at gunpoint because it will spend it more properly than the earners.

Right.

Your "solution" is to get rid of all governments entirely?

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #58 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
It's a wiggly line, but I can well see where it's drawn.

Jeff is a progressive, pure and simple. If something benefits his agenda, the line moves to include it. If something harms his agenda, the line moves to exclude it.

I just proved that force is only horrible and tyrannical when applied to the wrong people.

There was no discussion of a fair split of the force, either, which is what any fair person would have said when I suggested applying the force to others.

There was no, "Well, maybe if you're forced to pay for Shoqueenda's kids to go to school, she should be limited to seven or eight. Or better yet, if you're taxed to the point that you can't afford a kid yourself, then that's obviously too much, since I just said that using force to prevent people from having kids is tyrannical."

No, "Well, we should do what China does."

Nope. Just, "Your way is force so it's wrong YOU CAN'T DO THAT FORCE IS AGGRESSION!!!"

But when force is applied to others, it's perfectly fine.

-SnarkySack

IP Logged

Snarky Sack

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #59 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 7:57am
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 4th, 2018 at 5:38pm:
Right.

Your "solution" is to get rid of all governments entirely?

No,  my solution is the stop pretending that it isn't stealing when government does it as long as it's stealing to buy us something we really, really want.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › The Problem of Left Curriculum in Public Schools
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy