Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Paris Is Burning
Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Paris Is Burning (Read 932 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Paris Is Burning
Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Why?

Quite simply,  TAXES.

The proletariat is fed up with the leftist French government taxing the crap out of them.

French 'yellow-vest' rioters are chanting "We want Trump!" because they need a strong leader to cut taxes.  Not an emasculated leader who hides behind the global warming hoax as an excuse to raise taxes.

See what happens when government becomes too powerful?   

It could happen in the US!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-protests-live-updates-gile...

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Paris Is Burning
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:35am:
Why?

Quite simply,  TAXES.

The proletariat is fed up with the leftist French government taxing the crap out of them.

French 'yellow-vest' rioters are chanting "We want Trump!" because they need a strong leader to cut taxes.  Not an emasculated leader who hides behind the global warming hoax as an excuse to raise taxes.

See what happens when government becomes too powerful?   

It could happen in the US!

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-protests-live-updates-gile...
It's not just taxes, it's also Muslim immigration and the media being in bed with the government, and it's fuel taxes to combat "global warming" that has the Paris taxi drivers out in the streets.

And of course the anarchists will take to the streets for any reason or no reason.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #2 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:13pm:
It's not just taxes, it's also Muslim immigration and the media being in bed with the government...

Sorry, Jeff.   It's taxes.    The French can not bear any more tax hikes.  They sent a clarion message to Prez Macron:

We don't want any more taxes.   

Prez Macron has scrapped a fuel tax rise following weeks of nationwide protests in France and the worst rioting in Paris in decades.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-protests-fuel-tax-rise-sc...

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #3 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
To be fair, some people claim the immigration is a factor in the taxes as well.

Yes, they're actually protesting the ridiculous carbon tax, however.

But, again, there's no way to know how they feel about the immigration issue. In Europe, they're starting to criminalise anti-immigration speech as hate speech.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #4 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
To be fair,  In Europe, they're starting to criminalise anti-immigration speech as hate speech.

Now, THAT'S progressive!    Grin

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #5 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Watched first 17 seconds. How to annoy progressives.

Logic?

Watched the rest of it.

Yup.

But let me be absolutely fair here. If open borders in the West (which is right) is to happen, it's not as if anyone will let it, if they have their free speech. They will speak against it, and they will, as Pat Condell points out, use truth. Sympathy for closed borders will be stirred up, because when you let them, people do have a tendency to be selfish and self-protective, even when that is morally wrong.

They will, unfailingly, select aggression and protectionism over annihilation and moral right, and I'm not going to be dishonest: Those are the choices. The West has an artificially docile society with artificially low crime, because of the State, and because of closed borders. Westerners have grown dependent on the artificially low crime to survive, and without it, they will certainly perish.

Like a welfare queen, what is right is for her to vote herself out of welfare and have her children starve. What is right is for Westerners to open their borders, and perish.

Unfortunately, Westerners will have none of it if given the choice.

Thus, if the end goal is morality, it becomes logical to... not give them a choice.

It really depends if you believe the ends of ending State aggression, justifies the means of minor aggression against people who are, themselves, major aggressors.

I honestly couldn't tell you.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #6 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:14pm
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:50pm:
It really depends if you believe the ends of ending State aggression, justifies the means of minor aggression against people who are, themselves, major aggressors.

I do.  I can deal with aggressors when they are individuals.

I have no recourse when my government is the aggressor.

I've had a car stolen, a motorcycle stolen, and our house was burgled about 22 years ago.(separate incidents)

Total losses:  (approx.) $11k. 

Fortunately the motorcycle and car were insured, so I recovered around 7 grand.

I estimate that, over the past 45 years Ive paid income taxes, the Federal and (California) State governments have stolen close to $1 million combined.

No insurance policy in the world can cover losses incurred by government theft.

So I can really empathize with the French Yellow-Vests.  I understand what drives them to do what they do.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #7 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 7:15am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 3:34pm:
Sorry, Jeff.   It's taxes.    The French can not bear any more tax hikes.  They sent a clarion message to Prez Macron:

We don't want any more taxes.   

Prez Macron has scrapped a fuel tax rise following weeks of nationwide protests in France and the worst rioting in Paris in decades.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/france-protests-fuel-tax-rise-sc...
It's also Muslim immigration and the anarchists and communists just wanting to destroy the current government.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckdevore/2018/12/07/paris-is-burning-over-climat...

Did you notice that the protests are spreading to countries that haven't proposed an increase in fuel taxes?

https://www.apnews.com/c0afb781cc074df88e40f1a2bd61ed92

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #8 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 7:17am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:01pm:
But, again, there's no way to know how they feel about the immigration issue. In Europe, they're starting to criminalise anti-immigration speech as hate speech.
Right, and that tells you how the people feel about it, enough of them don't like it and are speaking out against it that the government feels it necessary to criminalize free speech on the issue.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #9 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 7:22am
Print Post  
The Opposition wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 4:50pm:
But let me be absolutely fair here. If open borders in the West (which is right)...

You keep making this assertion, but your arguments as to why open borders are "right" are not persuasive. All you say is "because the right to travel freely", which you claim is an absolute right that trumps all other rights...

Are their any other rights that you think are absolute?

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Paris Is Burning
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy