Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down (Read 5417 times)
SkyChief
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down
Reply #100 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:04pm
Print Post  

The newly proposed course for the wall adds an additional 1500 miles of barrier...

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #101 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjmfPd5UUAE1RgR.jpg

The newly proposed course for the wall adds an additional 1500 miles of barrier...

It's incredible how many Californians are leaving California because of what it's become and moving to Nevada and Arizona, then voting for the same policies they voted for in California that drove themselves out.

There are a lot of stupid people out there

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #102 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:04pm:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjmfPd5UUAE1RgR.jpg

And Congress is saying that funds appropriated for the military can't be diverted to anything else.

https://qz.com/1518627/congress-making-bipartisan-plan-for-trumps-national-emerg...

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

kaz

Minarchist

Reply #103 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:43pm:
And Congress is saying that funds appropriated for the military can't be diverted to anything else.

https://qz.com/1518627/congress-making-bipartisan-plan-for-trumps-national-emerg...

That isn't what your link is about, it's about declaring a national emergency.  As I keep pointing out, you actually don't read the links you're posting, do you?  A more serious, deeper look into the role you play in life ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW3ti9mLnDg

Contest winner:  I predicted Kaz' meltdown

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #104 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 2:31pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 1:46pm:
That isn't what your link is about, it's about declaring a national emergency.  As I keep pointing out, you actually don't read the links you're posting, do you?  A more serious, deeper look into the role you play in life ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vW3ti9mLnDg

From the article I linked to-

"A lawsuit is from the committee would challenge Trump’s right to use defense funds on projects not yet authorized by Congress, given that the proposed wall—and the border situation more generally—has no real link to the military."

Sorry for the bad sentence construction, its not mine.

"Free hate speech"

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #105 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 2:31pm:
From the article I linked to-

"A lawsuit is from the committee would challenge Trump’s right to use defense funds on projects not yet authorized by Congress, given that the proposed wall—and the border situation more generally—has no real link to the military."

Sorry for the bad sentence construction, its not mine.

That bad sentence construction is deliberate.  Heather and Natasha wanted to state as fact that border security has no link to the military.  The girls realized how foolish that would sound so they added the weasel words such as "given" and "the border situation." 

Not that I favor Trump building the wall.  I think the borders should be open because freedom benefits everyone.  Heather and Natasha also believe the border should be open, but they don't want to say it.  If one has to use weaselly language to argue one's position, one should strongly consider changing that position.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #106 - Jan 12th, 2019 at 3:00pm
Print Post  
kaz wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:33pm:
It's incredible how many Californians are leaving California because of what it's become and moving to Nevada and Arizona, then voting for the same policies they voted for in California that drove themselves out.

They're coming to my state in droves, too. Mainly because Colorado has legal marijuana. Their hot money (I dub it thus because money is hugely inflated in California, and government force is a big part of that) raises real estate prices, and they are quickly pricing Colorado natives out of the market. It actually looks like I'll get a nicer house, but after the liberals have their way will policy in the area, they'll have not only driven up its price for me, they'll make it worthless eventually.

kaz wrote on Jan 12th, 2019 at 12:33pm:
There are a lot of stupid people out there

I don't think so at all. I think it's their survival strategy.

Liberal policies are designed to plunder an area's natural wealth and liberty, then leave it with nothing, but in the meantime create a lot of inflation and more hot money liberals can use to move elsewhere, and start the same process all over again.

Balloon up the population as much as possible with welfare and immigration. Subsidise it with outrageous minimum wage. Presto: Hot money liberals can use to ruin areas with stability and relative freedom.

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #107 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
It's official... This government shut-down is the longest in US history.

It really demonstrates that our government is bigger than it needs to be, as the only people adversely impacted by the shut-down are government employees who missed a paycheck.

Now we can start discussions on ways to downsize the bloated government.

This shut-down helps libertarian agenda.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #108 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 12:15pm:
It's official... This government shut-down is the longest in US history.

It really demonstrates that our government is bigger than it needs to be, as the only people adversely impacted by the shut-down are government employees who missed a paycheck.

Now we can start discussions on ways to downsize the bloated government.

This shut-down helps libertarian agenda.

SkyChief, Is anyone in the mainstream media saying that?  I rarely even watch them any more.  Are the conservative media talking like that or are they too polite to point out how many people have useless jobs that just drain the taxpayers?  I could understand why they wouldn't want to kick all the non-essential people while they are down, but that's what needs to be said.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #109 - Jan 13th, 2019 at 2:05pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 13th, 2019 at 1:36pm:
SkyChief, Is anyone in the mainstream media saying that?  I rarely even watch them any more. 

That's my contention - not MSM.

Are the conservative media talking like that or are they too polite to point out how many people have useless jobs that just drain the taxpayers? 
I watch MSNBC and FOX News for entertainment purposes only.

MSNBC has devoted 90% of their broadcast schedule to Trump-bashing, and 10% of their broadcast schedule to FOX News-bashing.

FOX News has devoted 45% of their broadcast schedule to MSNBC-bashing, and 45% of their broadcast schedule to CNN-bashing.  10% is news, but is heavily biased.

I could understand why they wouldn't want to kick all the non-essential people while they are down, but that's what needs to be said.
I've heard [FOX News] Tucker Carlson talk briefly about the need to cut non-essential people from the government teat. 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 29
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy