Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down (Read 3579 times)
Little Big Man
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down
Reply #70 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 5:10pm:
Texas has been steadily becoming more "progressive" for decades, as have almost all of the states... Please don't ask me to actually name the states that have been advancing in the area of individual liberty. Embarrassed

Which makes me wonder why you think state and local control is the answer.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #71 - Jan 7th, 2019 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 7th, 2019 at 8:46pm:
Which makes me wonder why you think state and local control is the answer.
I never said state control of schools was a good idea. I do think local control of locally funded schools is better.

Is it easier to control smaller and more local governments than it is to control the federal government? Yes.

Can state governments control the federal government if they act collectively to amend the Constitution? Yes.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #72 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:31am
Print Post  
Trump will address the nation tonight (Jan 8th) as he prepares to leave for the U.S. Mexico border on Thursday, planning to draw attention to the national security implications of the porous border and the impact the humanitarian crisis has had on America.

"The only reason [Democrats] do not want to build a wall is that walls work."  - Trump

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #73 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:19pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 11:31am:
Trump will address the nation tonight (Jan 8th) as he prepares to leave for the U.S. Mexico border on Thursday, planning to draw attention to the national security implications of the porous border and the impact the humanitarian crisis has had on America.

"The only reason [Democrats] do not want to build a wall is that walls work."  - Trump
On small scales, walls are pretty effective. It probably helps that if people manage to get inside Israel's wall, they aren't greeted by people signing them up for health care and welfare and finding them a place to live.

How hard is it to smuggle people in on boats across the Gulf of Mexico or from Baja California? If this is truly a national security issue, all of our boarders and all of our airports (including small private airports) need to be just as "impermeable" as the wall is supposedly going to be.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #74 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:29pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:19pm:
How hard is it to smuggle people in on boats across the Gulf of Mexico or from Baja California?

It's hard because much of the Baja Califonia border has fences and walls, and is rigorously patrolled by California Border Patrol.  Roughly 5 out of 10 illegal border crossings are successful.

Jeff wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 2:19pm:
If this is truly a national security issue, all of our boarders and all of our airports (including small private airports) need to be just as "impermeable" as the wall is supposedly going to be.

Yep.   Smiley

When all this is done, we need to introduce some good immigration reforms which would encourage immigrants to enter legally.    Guest Visas would provide a good way for immigrants to come and go "legally", and US taxpayers would save a lot of money.

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #75 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
It's hard because much of the Baja Califonia border has fences and walls...
It's hard to take boats across dry land, that's for sure!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #76 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 5:01pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 4:29pm:
When all this is done...
...seven out of ten Americans will work for DHS, but none of them will get paid because the economy will be completely destroyed. The DHS cadres will have lots of guns and tons of ammunition and the incentive to go out and plunder in lieu of the pay they aren't getting. Shocked

Let's try getting some sane immigration law first, please.

How much good would a law holding government employees who aid illegal immigrants (like putting them up in taxpayer funded housing) liable as accessories to the theft of tax money do?

Lots of people, in my opinion, need to be prosecuted for the theft of tax money.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #77 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 5:01pm:
...seven out of ten Americans will work for DHS, but none of them will get paid because the economy will be completely destroyed. The DHS cadres will have lots of guns and tons of ammunition and the incentive to go out and plunder in lieu of the pay they aren't getting. Shocked

How much good would a law holding government employees who aid illegal immigrants (like putting them up in taxpayer funded housing) liable as accessories to the theft of tax money do?

Lots of people, in my opinion, need to be prosecuted for the theft of tax money.

Right on both counts, Jeff!

Well done!

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #78 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Jan 8th, 2019 at 5:08pm:
Right on both counts, Jeff!

Well done!

Thanks.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #79 - Jan 8th, 2019 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
...seven out of ten Americans will work for DHS...

Wow!!!   Shocked   That's incredible.

The American people aren't falling for that bait-and-switch crap anymore, Jeff.

Reagan demanded amnesty with the promise of rigorous border security.  We gave him the amnesty,  but the border security never happened.

Americans want a wall, (or some form of physical barrier) - that's why they elected Trump.  Once we get the border security under control, then we can tweak the laws to offer incentive(s) for legal and orderly immigration.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › Trump: Fund The Wall Or I Will Shut Gov't Down
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy