Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too (Read 455 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too
Reply #10 - Dec 19th, 2018 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 19th, 2018 at 9:33am:
Levying taxes is one thing.  Forcibly taking taxes can only be done if the government proclaims that my money has been converted to their money.  Then it is a crime for me to keep it from them, so they can resort to violence to stop my aggression (of keeping my own money).  If they can be granted the power to do that by a vote then they can be voted the power to change the definition of the word, "menstruate."
Tax payments become revenue. What was your property, when taken by legal taxation, becomes revenue for the government to use in legal ways. There is no magic or alterations of meanings or changes in reality involved.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #11 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 19th, 2018 at 3:02pm:
Tax payments become revenue. What was your property, when taken by legal taxation, becomes revenue for the government to use in legal ways. There is no magic or alterations of meanings or changes in reality involved.

Well, you don't want to call it magic, but what else can transform one thing into another merely by announcing it?  Students in middle school are taught that for one substance to become another one, a chemical reaction must take place. 

Sometime we do recognize what are known as "legal fictions."  For example, when I married my wife, she legally became my "next of kin."  One of my fondest memories is writing her name in that box on a form.  I was amused by how fast we had moved, having only met less than six weeks before we married.

Anyway, point is - I knew it was legal fiction.  A DNA test would not show that my wife is a close relative (we aren't from North Carolina), but the law gives us the "right" to choose someone not related to be our nearest relative.

Praise the USSC that this right is not contingent on selecting a nearest relative approved by the government, such as it can only be of a certain gender.

Anyway, that legal fiction is voluntary.  The legal fiction that my property somehow became "government revenue" instead of just "Sack's hard earned money" is not voluntary.  There are no votes for individual taxes, just votes for politicians whose primary means of getting votes is promising to both lower taxes on people who support them and increase spending for things those people want.  The truth is, Jeff, when you cash your government check and head to the "licker sto," that's my hard-earned money you're spending, not "government revenue."

Taxes are not voluntary, and no government that has the power to tax has ever given it up.   

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #12 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Well, you don't want to call it magic, but what else can transform one thing into another merely by announcing it?
For one thing, money can be owed or owing. Either way it's still money, but sometimes it's a debt and sometimes it's a credit.

It's not a magical transformation.

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #13 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 3:54pm:
For one thing, money can be owed or owing. Either way it's still money, but sometimes it's a debt and sometimes it's a credit.

Unless it's real money; i.e. gold or silver. 

Real money never represents credit or debt!   Wink

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #14 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:06pm:
Unless it's real money; i.e. gold or silver. 

Real money never represents credit or debt!   Wink
I borrowed gold backed money from you... You don't think I'm in debt to you for gold or gold backed money?

That's cool!

How much will you give me?

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #15 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:56pm
Print Post  
Are bleeding hemorrhoids considered menstruation? I mean if you feel like a woman...

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #16 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 7:51pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:54pm:
I borrowed gold backed money from you... You don't think I'm in debt to you for gold or gold backed money?

You may feel that SkyCh

Under the magic of government, you are not.  That actually happened when the Republicans and Democrats in both houses of Congress combined to invalidate all "gold clauses" in contracts of debts. 

You might feel that SkyChief still has some "moral obligation" to pay you in gold or gold backed notes, but your beloved constitutional government says, "nope."

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

The Opposition

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #17 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 12:14pm:
Well, you don't want to call it magic, but what else can transform one thing into another merely by announcing it?  Students in middle school are taught that for one substance to become another one, a chemical reaction must take place. 

Jeff was taught alchemy instead, and I'm pretty sure I've seen him transmuting without a circle, meaning he's practiced forbidden alchemy on human beings.

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.

(It's also kinda sorta the first law of thermodynamics: Energy is neither created nor destroyed, it just changes form.)

This moral relativism of yours is exactly what lets government take this freedom, then that freedom, until we have lost them all.
-SnarkySack

IP Logged

SkyChief

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #18 - Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:49pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 5:54pm:

That's cool!

How much will you give me?

Gold-backed money?  Cheesy

LOL.  There is no such thing. 

Not on this planet, anyways!   Grin   Grin    Smiley

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #19 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 7:51pm:
Under the magic of government, you are not.  That actually happened when the Republicans and Democrats in both houses of Congress combined to invalidate all "gold clauses" in contracts of debts. 

You might feel that SkyChief still has some "moral obligation" to pay you in gold or gold backed notes, but your beloved constitutional government says, "nope."

I'm aware of the damage Congress did by unconstitutionally invalidating legal contracts, but that's a different issue from the one I was Discussing with the Chief.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy