Libertarian's Forum
Libertarian Forum to discuss politics and free market economics.
Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too (Read 581 times)
Jeff
Libertarian Freedom Member

Libertarian's Forum

Re: U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too
Reply #20 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:58am
Print Post  
SkyChief wrote on Dec 21st, 2018 at 9:49pm:
Gold-backed money?  Cheesy

LOL.  There is no such thing. 

Not on this planet, anyways!   Grin   Grin    Smiley
Right, but that has nothing to do with the fact that money can be either an asset or a debt, depending on whether you have it or owe it to someone.

IP Logged

Little Big Man

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #21 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Jeff wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 7:55am:
I'm aware of the damage Congress did by unconstitutionally invalidating legal contracts, but that's a different issue from the one I was Discussing with the Chief.

Point is, though, that only a government that maintains strict control of its subjects at the point of many guns would even think to suddenly declare that the gold I gave them can be repaid with paper.

Can you imagine a private bank back in the day that would accept gold and issue bank notes redeemable for gold suddenly telling customers who come in for specie, "Oh, yeah.  We don't do that any more.  Here, we're going to take your no-longer-gold-backed notes and give you these new notes.  Be careful, ink's still a little wet on that top one . . . "

There would have been a lynchmob.  But the government had used its power to tax to grow so large that it couldn't be stood up against.

Snarky no more!

IP Logged

Jeff

Libertarian's Forum

Reply #22 - Dec 22nd, 2018 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
Little Big Man wrote on Dec 22nd, 2018 at 1:38pm:
Point is, though, that only a government that maintains strict control of its subjects at the point of many guns would even think to suddenly declare that the gold I gave them can be repaid with paper.

That's how "progressives" do things Sacky.

The federal government wasn't really very large until the "progressives" found grants of unlimited power in the Constitution and "interpreted" the taxing power to be unlimited too. That's what caused the unlimited growth, finding unlimited power. And you say it's really there in the Constitution, because SCOTUS said they found it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint

Libertarian's ForumLibertarian's ForumFreedom Forum › U.K. City Council Declares That Boys Menstruate, Too
Libertarian's Forum

Libertarian's Forum Information Rules, Agreement and Privacy Policy